The best topic

Replies: 10403
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

check out this Jersey cow

Started by GORDY GAMBINO, March 15, 2017, 10:19:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Zetsu

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "Zetsu"
Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Zetsu"Why is it all plump/fat chicks have good looking faces.   :6:

I like your new avatar Zetsu..

Is that an aircraft carrier?

Yep, being an anime style artwork of a carrier, thought it would be a good representation of my interest.  ac_cool

Still into the anime Zetsu?

I haven't watch them lately, but now you've mentioned it maybe it's time for me to download some again, lol.  Lately I've been thinking of how to set up another fish tank, but this time a small freshwater tank.  ac_blush

I was in someone's house recently  with a beautiful aquarium set up. Makes me kind of want one for my house.

Are they a lot work?

I'm so glad ur interested in them too, for freshwater the larger the tank might require more time and effort to keep up with the plants and trimming and cost of C02 but a lot of new ideas and stuff have improve over the years to make the hobby more beautiful, fun and less task oriented.  While salt water can cost almost double due to the equipment needed to support corals, like T5 or MH lights, dousers or RO filters.  BTW which type of set up you're thinking of, tropical freshwater or marine saltwater?

Most of what you posted went right over my head. I'm not planning anything yet. I was in someone's house who had a good setup  and it made me think I  MIGHT like one for my house. I haven't done any research into it yet.

Hhe ok, guess I was too assumptious again.  But ya if ya ever wanted to set up one feel free to give me a shout.   :001_tongue:

Fish aquariums they can be pretty fun to keep, usually I spend about 20-30mins a week on feeding and scrubbing some excess algae off the tank, and another hour each month on water & filter media changes.  The rest I put a little timer to do all the basic stuff for me.  ac_cool
Permanently off his rocker

Anonymous

Quote from: "Zetsu"Why is it all plump/fat chicks have good looking faces.   :6:

Yep, being an anime style artwork of a carrier, thought it would be a good representation of my interest.  ac_cool

I haven't watch them lately, but now you've mentioned it maybe it's time for me to download some again, lol.  Lately I've been thinking of how to set up another fish tank, but this time a small freshwater tank.  ac_blush

I was in someone's house recently  with a beautiful aquarium set up. Makes me kind of want one for my house.

Are they a lot work?

I'm so glad ur interested in them too, for freshwater the larger the tank might require more time and effort to keep up with the plants and trimming and cost of C02 but a lot of new ideas and stuff have improve over the years to make the hobby more beautiful, fun and less task oriented.  While salt water can cost almost double due to the equipment needed to support corals, like T5 or MH lights, dousers or RO filters.  BTW which type of set up you're thinking of, tropical freshwater or marine saltwater?

Most of what you posted went right over my head. I'm not planning anything yet. I was in someone's house who had a good setup  and it made me think I  MIGHT like one for my house. I haven't done any research into it yet.

Hhe ok, guess I was too assumptious again.  But ya if ya ever wanted to set up one feel free to give me a shout.   :001_tongue:

Fish aquariums they can be pretty fun to keep, usually I spend about 20-30mins a week on feeding and scrubbing some excess algae off the tank, and another hour each month on water & filter media changes.  The rest I put a little timer to do all the basic stuff for me.  ac_cool

So, once it's set up, there's very little work involved.

Zetsu

Are they a lot work?

So, once it's set up, there's very little work involved.

Right on  ac_cool  Even the weekly maintenance can be replaced with an auto feeder and a bunch of algae eating snails/fish/hermit crabs, but just be careful not to add too much b/c once they run out of algae to eat some will starve to death, die off and their body rots with ammonia causing a toxic chemical spike in the water parameters, once it reaches too high it will start off killing other fishes, and repeats the vicious cycle, usually this wouldn't be a problem if I didn't left my tank alone in Toronto for almost 2-3 months, lol.

Anonymous

Right on  ac_cool  Even the weekly maintenance can be replaced with an auto feeder and a bunch of algae eating snails/fish/hermit crabs, but just be careful not to add too much b/c once they run out of algae to eat some will starve to death, die off and their body rots with ammonia causing a toxic chemical spike in the water parameters, once it reaches too high it will start off killing other fishes, and repeats the vicious cycle, usually this wouldn't be a problem if I didn't left my tank alone in Toronto for almost 2-3 months, lol.

Who is looking after your aquarium while you are in Hong Kong Zetsu?

Renee

The neighbor's cat.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Zetsu

Quote from: "Renee"

The neighbor's cat.

:001_tongue:

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"

The neighbor's cat.

:laugh:

Zetsu

Usually I have my brother's friend come over every few weeks to help refill the auto feeder and distilled water container that refills the tank when too much water has evaporated off.  But my poor little fishes will have to wait till I get back for the next water change, while for the birds I have to bring them to my best friend's mom's house, lol.

Anonymous

Usually I have my brother's friend come over every few weeks to help refill the auto feeder and distilled water container that refills the tank when too much water has evaporated off.  But my poor little fishes will have to wait till I get back for the next water change, lol.

How often do you have to change the water?

Zetsu

Usually I have my brother's friend come over every few weeks to help refill the auto feeder and distilled water container that refills the tank when too much water has evaporated off.  But my poor little fishes will have to wait till I get back for the next water change, lol.

How often do you have to change the water?

I guess it really depends on the set up, usually I change it once every month, but any longer than 3 months the corals would most likely die off, while the fish can last for years without any water change as long they're all well fed and have the filter media changed when needed.  ac_smile

Anonymous

I see, changing the water is for the survival of the corals, not the fish themselves..

So, if you don't have corals, you wouldn't need to change the water at all.

GORDY GAMBINO

Fish tanks like Aces bed are full of piss.
RW = ANAL SIZE WHORE

Anonymous

Quote from: "GORDY GAMBINO"Fish tanks like Aces bed are full of piss.

Yours might be GORDY, but I think it's exceptionally rare to use an aquarium as a toilet.

GORDY GAMBINO

I piss in pot plants. Don't piss the bed. One of wifs friends said her root for the night pissed and shit the bed.
RW = ANAL SIZE WHORE

Zetsu

Quote from: "Fashionista"I see, changing the water is for the survival of the corals, not the fish themselves..

So, if you don't have corals, you wouldn't need to change the water at all.

It would be possible, but most experts would still recommend us changing the water every month just to make sure the fish stays healthy  ac_smile , but sometimes when I was a kid I tend to slack off lol or some folks are force to do maintenance only each year due to owning 500+ gallon size tanks, usually costing over $100 in distilled water, ocean salt & trace elements for each water change.