The best topic

Replies: 10487
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 01:28:03 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lokmar

Blazor

Started by Anonymous, March 16, 2017, 10:17:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 31 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

If Blazor lived in North Dakota and got a few tickets, I could get him an entry level job in the patch. Tough work, but decent cash and it can lead to solid career growth.

Blazor

Quote from: "Chuck Bronson"That's a tough call, Blazor.  It does sound like opportunities are somewhat limited where you live.  People relocate all the time just for this reason...  Perhaps something to consider?

I've lived here all my life, but believe me, Seattle was an option just because of all the jobs. Jobs were fine here pre-Obama. Then places started closing down left and right. Even the local newspaper has moved out of town. Norfolk Southern railroad corporate office even moved, and we are a railroad town.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Blazor

Quote from: "Chuck Bronson"I've also been thinking, Blazor...  The new place has a starting wage that is the same as your ending wage at a place you've been with for years...

Perhaps after a few months of proving your worth, the new employer will recognize a wage increase is in line?

I would "hope" so, but he said raises there are simply cost of living raises. He did say I wouldnt stay at $15 for 8 years  :laugh:

Blazor

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"
No matter what you do keep looking for better opportunities.

:thumbup:

Blazor

Quote from: "Bricktop"

Is there any chance that the place that has offered the job may utilise your skills once they see what you are capable of?

I only ask, because government welfare cannot be included in libelous reparations.  :tease:

Lol, they already have someone to do the work I do, and has been there for years.

Blazor

Quote from: "Herman"If Blazor lived in North Dakota and got a few tickets, I could get him an entry level job in the patch. Tough work, but decent cash and it can lead to solid career growth.

Also lead to barrel wash  :laugh:

Right on man! If I ever move to Seattle I'll at least swing in and have a drink with ya lol.

I like it where I am, but damn this is getting old.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blazor"
Quote from: "Herman"If Blazor lived in North Dakota and got a few tickets, I could get him an entry level job in the patch. Tough work, but decent cash and it can lead to solid career growth.

Right on man! If I ever move to Seattle I'll at least swing in and have a drink with ya lol.

I feel you frustration Blazor..

Nobody likes living paycheque to paycheque.

Blazor

Quote from: "Fashionista"

I feel you frustration Blazor..

Nobody likes living paycheque to paycheque.

acc_hugz

Anonymous

I didn't know about your financial situation until I read the last two pages of this thread. There seems to be a lot more opportunities in Trump's America than in True Dope's Canada. I just hope things get better for you.

Chuck Bronson

There are opportunities in Canada, but that is often dependent on location.  Around here the construction industry, for example, is booming along pretty good.  Unfortunately in a place like Vancouver proper though, one still faces extremely high rents/real estate costs...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Chuck Bronson"There are opportunities in Canada, but that is often dependent on location.  Around here the construction industry, for example, is booming along pretty good.  Unfortunately in a place like Vancouver proper though, one still faces extremely high rents/real estate costs...

That is true, but the US is adding more full time private sector employment than we are. Deregulation, lower taxes and the resulting higher investment have been rocket fuel for job creation South of the border.

Blazor

Quote from: "Shen Li"

I didn't know about your financial situation until I read the last two pages of this thread. There seems to be a lot more opportunities in Trump's America than in True Dope's Canada. I just hope things get better for you.

Its getting better now that Obummer is out! At least it seems and feels that way.

Just read an article today, that New York and Northern Virginia are getting new Amazon Headquarters.

Southwest Virginia has suffered since Obummer. Im hoping it will turn around, if the wheels aint in motion already.

Thanks for the good wishes, a lil birdie told me I should talk with you about employment advice via PM  ac_smile

Blazor

Quote from: "seoulbro"
Quote from: "Chuck Bronson"There are opportunities in Canada, but that is often dependent on location.  Around here the construction industry, for example, is booming along pretty good.  Unfortunately in a place like Vancouver proper though, one still faces extremely high rents/real estate costs...

That is true, but the US is adding more full time private sector employment than we are. Deregulation, lower taxes and the resulting higher investment have been rocket fuel for job creation South of the border.

Regulations is what killed jobs here under Obama. Im glad to see things getting better, just hope its not too late for this area. Most moved out to Northern Virginia.

Anonymous

Its getting better now that Obummer is out! At least it seems and feels that way.

Just read an article today, that New York and Northern Virginia are getting new Amazon Headquarters.

Southwest Virginia has suffered since Obummer. Im hoping it will turn around, if the wheels aint in motion already.

Thanks for the good wishes, a lil birdie told me I should talk with you about employment advice via PM  ac_smile

I read this is the largest job creating project ever in the NYC area which I found surprising.

Blazor

Quote from: "seoulbro"

I read this is the largest job creating project ever in the NYC area which I found surprising.

Not just NY, but Alexandria VA is getting a headquarters too. The state paid a hefty chunk in incentives I read, so did the county.