The best topic

Replies: 10487
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 01:28:03 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lokmar

Blazor

Started by Anonymous, March 16, 2017, 10:17:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 31 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blazor"
Quote from: "seoulbro"
Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "Herman"If Blazor lived in North Dakota and got a few tickets, I could get him an entry level job in the patch. Tough work, but decent cash and it can lead to solid career growth.

Also lead to barrel wash  :laugh:

Right on man! If I ever move to Seattle I'll at least swing in and have a drink with ya lol.

I like it where I am, but damn this is getting old.

I didn't know about your financial situation until I read the last two pages of this thread. There seems to be a lot more opportunities in Trump's America than in True Dope's Canada. I just hope things get better for you.

Its getting better now that Obummer is out! At least it seems and feels that way.

Just read an article today, that New York and Northern Virginia are getting new Amazon Headquarters.

Southwest Virginia has suffered since Obummer. Im hoping it will turn around, if the wheels aint in motion already.

Thanks for the good wishes, a lil birdie told me I should talk with you about employment advice via PM  ac_smile

I read this is the largest job creating project ever in the NYC area which I found surprising.

Not just NY, but Alexandria VA is getting a headquarters too. The state paid a hefty chunk in incentives I read, so did the county.

Yes, I am aware it was a two city expansion.

It seems like a lot of incentives just for a bunch of sixteen dollar an hour jobs. While at the same time many communities try to block big resource development projects that create forty dollar an hour jobs that require no taxpayer provided subsidies.

Chuck Bronson

I guess one must also factor in the construction of said headquarter also, as those jobs can pay relatively well...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Chuck Bronson"I guess one must also factor in the construction of said headquarter also, as those jobs can pay relatively well...

Oh definitely. But, still it doesn't provide the same economic shot in the arm that a the resource sector does. And it needs economic incentives from the host community.

Chuck Bronson

And that's why investors are often hesitant to invest in Canada...  That's why our stock markets have stagnated.

A good example is how a small group of 'special interest groups' can tie up a project for years.  Native Indians are a perfect example.  Little wonder investors may look to other markets.

Blazor

Quote from: "Herman"If Blazor lived in North Dakota and got a few tickets, I could get him an entry level job in the patch. Tough work, but decent cash and it can lead to solid career growth.

Right on man! If I ever move to Seattle I'll at least swing in and have a drink with ya lol.

I didn't know about your financial situation until I read the last two pages of this thread. There seems to be a lot more opportunities in Trump's America than in True Dope's Canada. I just hope things get better for you.

Its getting better now that Obummer is out! At least it seems and feels that way.

Just read an article today, that New York and Northern Virginia are getting new Amazon Headquarters.

Southwest Virginia has suffered since Obummer. Im hoping it will turn around, if the wheels aint in motion already.

Thanks for the good wishes, a lil birdie told me I should talk with you about employment advice via PM  ac_smile

I read this is the largest job creating project ever in the NYC area which I found surprising.

Not just NY, but Alexandria VA is getting a headquarters too. The state paid a hefty chunk in incentives I read, so did the county.

It seems like a lot of incentives just for a bunch of sixteen dollar an hour jobs. While at the same time many communities try to block big resource development projects that create forty dollar an hour jobs that require no taxpayer provided subsidies.

I thought it was a bit much on the incentives too. Northern VA is doing fairly good, without the need of having Amazon. NVA is hogging all the jobs!
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Anonymous

If I can help, I'm only too happy to.

Anonymous

They are warehouse jobs. They are always low paying jobs.

Bricktop

Quote from: "Blazor"a lil birdie told me I should talk with you about employment advice via PM  ac_smile

Oh yeah. You come from China, pay $1000 US dollar, she get you visa and job. Only $3 an hour in laundry, but you get to wash your clothes for FREE.

Blazor

Right on!  :thumbup:

I may holler at you later  ac_smile

Anonymous

Are you considering a new line of work Blazor?

Blazor

Quote from: "Bricktop"
Quote from: "Blazor"a lil birdie told me I should talk with you about employment advice via PM  ac_smile

Oh yeah. You come from China, pay $1000 US dollar, she get you visa and job. Only $3 an hour in laundry, but you get to wash your clothes for FREE.

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/157/122/f.gif">

Blazor

Quote from: "Fashionista"

Yes mam, to a degree. Mostly if I cant find anything around here doing what I do. I've been doing it for 14 years though.

My brother is already trying to get me to look into jobs out there since he heard of this place closing through my aunt lol. Told him I didnt know what I was doing.

Anonymous

Yes mam, to a degree. Mostly if I cant find anything around here doing what I do. I've been doing it for 14 years though.

My brother is already trying to get me to look into jobs out there since he heard of this place closing through my aunt lol. Told him I didnt know what I was doing.

If you do choose a different career, I hope you choose something that is a fit for you.

Blazor

If you do choose a different career, I hope you choose something that is a fit for you.

Me too, me too. Shame we cant just chase our dreams lol.

I just want to make a decent living, be decently happy, and be able to take a couple vacations a year.

Anonymous

Me too, me too. Shame we cant just chase our dreams lol.

I just want to make a decent living, be decently happy, and be able to take a couple vacations a year.

Poverty is not for someone with a solid work ethic like yourself.