The best topic

Replies: 10410
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:12:59 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

Teenagers - The Truth?

Started by RW, May 16, 2017, 02:17:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

RW

We are rounding out our last month or so of elementary school.  The kids have been registered for high school and all those fun life changes that go with children aging are upon us (much to my chagrin!)  I'm wondering what it's really like to have a couple of teenagers in the house.  Does anyone have any insight they could offer on life with teens?

Hold me, I'm scared.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Renee

Quote from: "RW"We are rounding out our last month or so of elementary school.  The kids have been registered for high school and all those fun life changes that go with children aging are upon us (much to my chagrin!)  I'm wondering what it's really like to have a couple of teenagers in the house.  Does anyone have any insight they could offer on life with teens?

Hold me, I'm scared.

You should be.......Bwahahahahaha
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"We are rounding out our last month or so of elementary school.  The kids have been registered for high school and all those fun life changes that go with children aging are upon us (much to my chagrin!)  I'm wondering what it's really like to have a couple of teenagers in the house.  Does anyone have any insight they could offer on life with teens?

Hold me, I'm scared.

My son is only twelve, so I can't say from personal experience what two teens at home would be like..

Renee is the expert about that..

Do you mean they are going into senior high?

Is there junior high where you live?

RW

Quote from: "Fashionista"

Hold me, I'm scared.

My son is only twelve, so I can't say from personal experience what two teens at home would be like..

There is no junior high so they are going into high school which is grades 8 to 12.  Both my midgets are still only 12 but they have December birthdays which is why they are starting high school in September.
Beware of Gaslighters!

kiebers

Quote from: "Renee"

Hold me, I'm scared.

You should be.......Bwahahahahaha

Best answer......Bwahahahahaha
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"

Hold me, I'm scared.

There is no junior high so they are going into high school which is grades 8 to 12.  Both my midgets are still only 12 but they have December birthdays which is why they are starting high school in September.

High school  is grades  eight through twelve? High school is grades 9 through12 here.

RW

Quote from: "seoulbro"

Hold me, I'm scared.

High school  is grades  eight through twelve? High school is grades 9 through12 here.

It's been 8-12 since I was in school.

Don't you have grade 13?
Beware of Gaslighters!

Bricktop

">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdPpQRzcSk8

RW

Come on, seriously now.  I need some advice on parenting teens!
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

My daughter will be sixteen this year..

She doesn't enjoy spending time with her family..

She'd rather be with friends..

Hopefully this phase won't last too long.

kiebers

Quote from: "RW"Come on, seriously now.  I need some advice on parenting teens!

If you did the ground work you should be fine. They have boundaries you have set and let them know you expect them to stay within those. It's not really any different. New boundaries can be negotiated as they get older. Change nothing until they have earned it. You're not there to be their friend.
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Anonymous

Quote from: "seoulbro"

Hold me, I'm scared.

It's been 8-12 since I was in school.

Don't you have grade 13?

It's history. A good number of students return for a fifth year to improve their grades and make their application for university more competitive.

Anonymous

Quote from: "kiebers"
Quote from: "RW"Come on, seriously now.  I need some advice on parenting teens!

If you did the ground work you should be fine. They have boundaries you have set and let them know you expect them to stay within those. It's not really any different. New boundaries can be negotiated as they get older. Change nothing until they have earned it. You're not there to be their friend.

That is key kiebers..

It doesn't start when your child turns 13.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"
">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdPpQRzcSk8
Sox, how the fuck are ya?

Anonymous

I do not have kids, so I cannot speak as a parent. I know as a teen, I did not listen to my parents.