The best topic

Replies: 10393
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:41:25 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

Kiebs you doing any BBQing?

Started by weebles, June 23, 2017, 05:28:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

weebles

Quote from: "Blazor"
Quote from: "kiebers"
That rub, oak chips for smoke, 10 hours on the pit.....those ends were unbelievable.

I've been grilling like crazy lately. Ever try Jack Daniel wood chips?

No I have not. I can imagine that it would be a unique flavor. They are oak which is a plus. Thinking how they would work on coals though. Chips tend to burn fast. May have to put them in the charcoal basket and set next to the coals...not sure.

Yeah, for something you plan on cooking a long time, they might burn up quick. When I do steaks what I do is soak the chips for 30 minutes then drain 'em. They last a lot longer than throwing them on dry. Best steak you will ever have! I love those chips lol. My dad came over and I grilled steak, salmon, and shrimp and every time he ate a bite it was "mmmmmmmmm" "mmmmmmmm" lol. Told me I did better than he ever did.

You like my sound bites eh? Goes great with my Pics plus  it means you are Making me famous  thus hello followers/fans  ac_hithere

this like Deadpool breaking the 4th wall

">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YvAYIJSSZY

kiebers

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"
Quote from: "iron horse jockey"
I know low and slow is best, but that is nuts.

I had gone to our little lake house and cut down a couple of small pecan trees. They were about 5 inch diameter. Cut them into about 2 foot pcs and brought it home. Had a piece of garden hose with a metal pipe on one end and the other went to an outlet on the gas water heater. Load up the logs and put it under the green pecan with about a 3 inch yellow flame and that was it. You could set your hand on the top of the pit without blistering. Some of the best tasting chicken I have ever eaten.

How long did it take until the chicken was done?

Probably around 36+ hours. Put them on Friday night and took them off Sunday. Took the ham off Monday.
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Anonymous

Quote from: "weebles"thinking of giving this a try this weekend supposed to be nice  perfect BBQing weather outhere great for some BBQ Burgers and some Ice Cold Beers. :thumbup1:

wondering if you gave this Recipe a try?

Just came out of the foil and gonna get a little crust built up now with that peach sauce.

">

">
You can come over and bbq for us anytime.

Blazor

The weber comes with containers that hold the charcoal for starting. Then we dump them out. Probably work good using those. We shall try them and see. My favorite wood is green pecan wood, won't hardly burn but smokes like crazy. We had a big brick pit that we smoked meat on. Took 24 hours to do a chicken, over 48 hours to do a ham.

You mean like a charcoal chimney? Thats what I use too lol. I had to cook a lot last weekend and fired up 2 at the same time, man that grill was hot lol.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

kiebers

The weber comes with containers that hold the charcoal for starting. Then we dump them out. Probably work good using those. We shall try them and see. My favorite wood is green pecan wood, won't hardly burn but smokes like crazy. We had a big brick pit that we smoked meat on. Took 24 hours to do a chicken, over 48 hours to do a ham.

You mean like a charcoal chimney? Thats what I use too lol. I had to cook a lot last weekend and fired up 2 at the same time, man that grill was hot lol.

Not a chimney but baskets you set over the propane starter.

">

Comes with the grill when you get the performer package.

">
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Anonymous

">

">
Makes me want to buy a Weber like yours.

Blazor

Interesting, and I was checking out your grill in the previous pic lol, looks nice. So its a combo charcoal and propane? Propane in the container on the right?

I have 2 grills, both CharBroil, one charcoal, one propane. The propane was recently given to me since my dad got a new one. Still new at propane lol, but getting the hang of it quickly. I like how its convenient and can adjust the temp easy.

kiebers

Interesting, and I was checking out your grill in the previous pic lol, looks nice. So its a combo charcoal and propane? Propane in the container on the right?

I have 2 grills, both CharBroil, one charcoal, one propane. The propane was recently given to me since my dad got a new one. Still new at propane lol, but getting the hang of it quickly. I like how its convenient and can adjust the temp easy.

It is a charcoal only grill. It has one burner jet used to start the charcoal only. Nice not having to use lighter fluid to start the charcoal.

Blazor

It is a charcoal only grill. It has one burner jet used to start the charcoal only. Nice not having to use lighter fluid to start the charcoal.

Ah ok! I dont like using lighter fluid either, or using Matchlight. I dont want all that fuel taste lol. I use my charcoal chimney. You stuff a couple pieces of newspaper in the bottom, coals in the top, takes 10-15 minutes and the coals are hot. (not my pic)

http://cdn.smokingmeatforums.com/b/b3/360x460px-b35e20ac_starter.jpg">

Anonymous

All these great bbq posts in this thread makes me regret buying a condo instead of a house. No charcoal bbqs allowed as per condo rules.

Anonymous

Quote from: "seoulbro"

All these great bbq posts in this thread makes me regret buying a condo instead of a house. No charcoal bbqs allowed as per condo rules.

I know it's none of my business Seoul, but what made you decide to buy a condo instead of a house?

kiebers

Quote from: "Blazor"Propane in the container on the right?

Nope, charcoal storage. You will notice the bottom rack holds the container and you can tilt it out to get inside. We use the little propane tanks for the coleman stoves and lanterns. They just screw into the regulator easy. The little time needed to light the charcoal lets the small tanks last a while. So no big tanks to lug around or trade in. We just wait till they go on sale and get 6 or so at a time. That way we always have enough if a storm hits we can still cook on the stoves and grill.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"

I know it's none of my business Seoul, but what made you decide to buy a condo instead of a house?

This is actually the second condo I have owned. The first one I owned was only one bathroom. The one I am in now is bigger, the building was brand new when I bought in and it has a second full  bathroom.

When I bought the condo I live in now, I was thirty four going on thirty five. I still thought I might get married and have a kid then. I knew I needed a bigger place if that were to happen, but I didn't want to give up heated underground parking.

Condo living is ideal for a single person in my opinion. I have no driveway to shovel, no yards to mow and no exterior maintenance. The downside is the rules. For example, I can't have a charcoal grill or even a mini smoker. The other one in the con column is as the building ages owners can receive a huge assessment bill. Say, for a new roof.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"

This is actually the second condo I have owned. The first one I owned was only one bathroom. The one I am in now is bigger, the building was brand new when I bought in and it has a second full  bathroom.

When I bought the condo I live in now, I was thirty four going on thirty five. I still thought I might get married and have a kid then. I knew I needed a bigger place if that were to happen, but I didn't want to give up heated underground parking.

Condo living is ideal for a single person in my opinion. I have no driveway to shovel, no yards to mow and no exterior maintenance. The downside is the rules. For example, I can't have a charcoal grill or even a mini smoker. The other one in the con column is as the building ages owners can receive a huge assessment bill. Say, for a new roof.

That makes sense..

And if you bought a house you'd still have major repairs over time.

Blazor

:rules:

ac_crying