The best topic

Replies: 10402
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 06:52:08 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

Alright, you middle aged househags!

Started by Angry White Male, August 08, 2017, 11:13:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Angry White Male

Ace needs your expertise!

Here's the problem...  I have a leather couch (the real deal, not that bonded crap), and I like to have two couch pillows on either end (not sure exactly what they're called, but they're square, about 16" X 16").

I bought two black vinyl ones just like I wanted, and they fit and work very well.  Here's the problem...  The vinyl is disintegrating, and I'm ready to toss them.  There's little pieces of black vinyl getting tracked around my condo.

SO!  Here's what I need...  A version of this couch pillow in black leather.  Not fake leather, naugahyde, bonded leather, faux leather, but REAL LEATHER!

Do they make such a thing?  A quick Google search brought up questionable online sites, so I now shall ask here...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"Ace needs your expertise!

Here's the problem...  I have a leather couch (the real deal, not that bonded crap), and I like to have two couch pillows on either end (not sure exactly what they're called, but they're square, about 16" X 16").

I bought two black vinyl ones just like I wanted, and they fit and work very well.  Here's the problem...  The vinyl is disintegrating, and I'm ready to toss them.  There's little pieces of black vinyl getting tracked around my condo.

SO!  Here's what I need...  A version of this couch pillow in black leather.  Not fake leather, naugahyde, bonded leather, faux leather, but REAL LEATHER!

Do they make such a thing?  A quick Google search brought up questionable online sites, so I now shall ask here...

I've seen them at Bed, Bath and Beyond..

At least I think they were real leather.

Angry White Male

No, they only have the vinyl ones.  They look like leather, but they're not!  I bought my vinyl ones at a similar place...

Angry White Male

Real leather is quite expensive (my couch well over doubled in price, going from fabric to real leather), so this wouldn't be an item you would find in any box-store...

SOMEONE must make them, but I'm not sure who...

Angry White Male

I mean, it wouldn't be hard to stitch together a 16" X 16" leather pillow case, would it?

Then again, where would one even find a leather craftsman?  Do they even still exist?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"Real leather is quite expensive (my couch well over doubled in price, going from fabric to real leather), so this wouldn't be an item you would find in any box-store...

SOMEONE must make them, but I'm not sure who...

A search indicates Wayfair carries them.

Anonymous

Leather pillows are for appearance only.

Angry White Male

They have one that might work!  Although, not black, brown may work well enough with my black couch...

Caribou leather, and Made in USA!

$165/piece!  This is why you won't find these items at Wal Mart or Bed Bath and Beyond...

https://www.wayfair.ca/Wooded-River-Caribou-Throw-Pillow-FBJ2430.html">https://www.wayfair.ca/Wooded-River-Car ... J2430.html">https://www.wayfair.ca/Wooded-River-Caribou-Throw-Pillow-FBJ2430.html

Angry White Male

Quote from: "seoulbro"Leather pillows are for appearance only.

How so?

The vinyl crap ones I have are disintegrating...  Remember, these are actually used to sleep on also!

Real leather should last almost a lifetime...

Angry White Male

Quote from: "Angry White Male"
Quote from: "seoulbro"Leather pillows are for appearance only.

How so?

The vinyl crap ones I have are disintegrating (and they weren't exactly cheap either)...  Remember, these are actually used to sleep on also!

Real leather should last almost a lifetime...

Berry Sweet

House hags?  There are only very smart, successful women who post here.

The fuck you want leather for?  Nobody want leather anymore.  Its animal cruelty.

Angry White Male

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"Its animal cruelty.

You fucking eat meat?  What do you think...  They kill cows just for their hide?  It's a by-product of consumption.

Angry White Male

Berry, don't be dumb...

The leather belt I wear, and the leather shoes on my feet, I can assure you no animals were killed specifically for their production.

Angry White Male

Real leather is the best...

I've sworn upon it for many years...  Belts, shoes, wallets, motorcycle jackets, the couch...

It is durable, and should last not only for years, but for decades!

It comes at a price, though, but I'll tell you the truth...  It lasts for a long time, so the initial expense more than makes up for the constant replacement of inferior materials.

Berry Sweet

I eat meat occasionally but I don't like its practice is why I eat other foods.

I dont buy leather or furs.  Im a simple person.  I like my oils.