The best topic

Replies: 10399
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:39:45 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Ever think of your own funeral?

Started by Blazor, August 30, 2017, 09:27:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Blazor

Is it weird to want to plan your funeral? Like, I would like to have an Irish wake the day before, lots of my favorite party tunes and Water of Life. I want it to be a night of fun and remembrance, cause I like to have fun and listen to music and have a good time with friends. For my funeral I would like certain songs as well, songs to remember me by. Then have a Native American funeral, just put me on a platform of wood, and light me on fire and watch me float into the wind lol.

I dont want a traditional funeral, at all. Not a boring thing, nor hymnals, I dont want it to be a sad thing.

Have y'all ever thought how you would like your funeral to be? Or am I just too much of a planner lol. Never know when ya gonna go.

This is just a sample of songs I've thought of night before and day of...

">

">

">

">

">

"I'll be the life of the party even when Im dead and gone!"  :laugh:   ac_drinks
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

RW

I don't want a funeral.  I want a beer and pizza party with much joy and laughter as possible.

I've already signed up to donate my body to medical science.
Beware of Gaslighters!

cc

I want no commotion whatsoever, no ceremony, no party, no nothin. Only my ashes secretly spread "alone" by my mate (if he is alive at the time) in the bushes of our almost daily together-time little shaded park ... our secret little "heaven" ... done secretly  late at night with love with  no one around but us
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

RW

Well that brought me to tears.

So beautiful cc.
Beware of Gaslighters!

cc

We have discussed this and we both will end up there ... together
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Wazzzup

I want to be cremated.  The thought of being in a tiny box for years and years sets off my claustrophobia alarm.

After that put my ashes in an ash tray, I'll pretend I was a cigarette.

JOE

Quote from: "cc"I want no commotion whatsoever, no ceremony, no party, no nothin. Only my ashes secretly spread "alone" by my mate (if he is alive at the time) in the bushes of our almost daily together-time little shaded park ... our secret little "heaven" ... done secretly  late at night with love with  no one around but us

You mean....Mel?  :shock:

Harry

Quote from: "Blazor"Is it weird to want to plan your funeral? Like, I would like to have an Irish wake the day before, lots of my favorite party tunes and Water of Life. I want it to be a night of fun and remembrance, cause I like to have fun and listen to music and have a good time with friends. For my funeral I would like certain songs as well, songs to remember me by. Then have a Native American funeral, just put me on a platform of wood, and light me on fire and watch me float into the wind lol.

"I'll be the life of the party even when Im dead and gone!"  :laugh:   ac_drinks

Yeah, they still do that in India.

Really, really, dignified and romantic:

http://www.planetcustodian.com/2015/10/19/8134/over-50-scary-images-depicting-filth-of-varanasi-and-river-ganges-that-went-viral-in-china.html">//http://www.planetcustodian.com/2015/10/19/8134/over-50-scary-images-depicting-filth-of-varanasi-and-river-ganges-that-went-viral-in-china.html

">

">

">

">

">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6Q1S-NxKOw

Anonymous

Normally, a person in good health and my age wouldn't pay much more than a passing thought about their own funeral..

But, after losing my daughter and my father, my husband and I have made notes of what we want and a budget for our own funerals..

And of course, in the event we both pass before our children are adults.

Odinson

Anonymous

I have money set aside for the day after my last day. The old lady can have me cremated and throw a life celebration. No funeral home for me.

Angry White Male

Since my assets (and wishes) would all default to the government after my parents passed, I had no choice but to get a will made.

And yes, funeral arrangements are clearly outlined also...  Burn me, and dump me off the White Rock pier.  No joke!  That's how I have it set up, for my listed executors!

Blazor

Quote from: "RW"I don't want a funeral.  I want a beer and pizza party with much joy and laughter as possible.

I've already signed up to donate my body to medical science.

Im all in agreement on having joy and laughter  ac_drinks

But donating your body to science.... you do know what they do to your body right? My dad use to do autopsies. He told me they do things like pour acid on your skin just to see what it does. I wouldnt want to be mutilated.

Blazor

Quote from: "cc"I want no commotion whatsoever, no ceremony, no party, no nothin. Only my ashes secretly spread "alone" by my mate (if he is alive at the time) in the bushes of our almost daily together-time little shaded park ... our secret little "heaven" ... done secretly  late at night with love with  no one around but us

I love it CC  ac_smile

To be honest, I know the Native American funeral wont work legally for me lol. So one of my real ideas was just to be cremated, and have my ashes spread at my favorite camping spot that hardly no one knows about, with maybe a LotR quote of my choosing carved into a rock there  :laugh:

My Great Grandfathers ashes are spread where my Great Grandmothers floral garden use to be  ac_smile

Blazor

Quote from: "Wazzzup"I want to be cremated.  The thought of being in a tiny box for years and years sets off my claustrophobia alarm.

After that put my ashes in an ash tray, I'll pretend I was a cigarette.

I've seen a joke where some grandma said she wanted grandpas ashes but in a douche, so she could feel him inside her one more time  :laugh:

When I was younger I use to joke to put my ashes in some soil, plant some pot seeds, and when I bloomed everyone could smoke a lil of Blaze  :laugh: