Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 21, 2024, 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

Alcoholics

Started by Anonymous, October 21, 2017, 12:53:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shin

Quote from: "Superchecker"
Quote from: "shin"I used to drink while I was in my twenties. It was (for me, anyway) an excuse to loosen my moral outlook and lower my inhibitions for a few hours at a time. All in all, I'm glad I worked it out of my system at an earlier age.

I like to think habitual drinking is a form of self medication, but I'm sure a lot of people would disagree with me.

Is enjoying one light beer a day, a habitual problem?

I don't think it would be a problem for anyone who could stop at one.

Anonymous

When I think about it, I'm surprised I'm still alive. Twelve years since alcohol touched my lips.

Berry Sweet

Alcohol should be illegal.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"Alcohol should be illegal.

I wouldn't go that far. Most people can drink in moderation. That's like saying junk food should be illegal because some people make pigs of themselves.

Berry Sweet

No really.  Junk food should be illegal too.  I would have no problem with either.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"No really.  Junk food should be illegal too.  I would have no problem with either.

It wouldn't bother me personally either. But it's unfair to the tens of millions of people in this country who don't make pigs of themseves with booze or junk food.

Blazor

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"
Quote from: "Berry Sweet"No really.  Junk food should be illegal too.  I would have no problem with either.

It wouldn't bother me personally either. But it's unfair to the tens of millions of people in this country who don't make pigs of themseves with booze or junk food.

I do both lol, but all in moderation! I exercise to combat the junk I eat, and I smile when I drink so as to make others smile as well. No one likes a mean drunk.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blazor"

I do both lol, but all in moderation! I exercise to combat the junk I eat, and I smile when I drink so as to make others smile as well. No one likes a mean drunk.

Anyone who drinks until passed out is not a happy drunk.

But, depending how far one wants to take this why not ban private cars because some people speed.

Blazor

But, depending how far one wants to take this why not ban private cars because some people speed.

My son would have his banned lol.

I honestly hope it never comes to that, taking away our right to drive ourselves. I HATE being a passenger.

Anonymous

My son would have his banned lol.

I honestly hope it never comes to that, taking away our right to drive ourselves. I HATE being a passenger.

I hate taking away any of our choices because of few irresponsible people.

Blazor

Oh I know exactly what you mean!!!

So many instances of that. One that gets me, is a lot of the offroad trails around here are closed, cause stupid fuckers leave the trails.

I came up with this idea a while back, we need a "Good Citizen" pass. Cause if ya do good, and follow the rules, there should be no reason why we should be restricted from things. If ya fuck up, no pass.

Anonymous

Oh I know exactly what you mean!!!

So many instances of that. One that gets me, is a lot of the offroad trails around here are closed, cause stupid fuckers leave the trails.

I came up with this idea a while back, we need a "Good Citizen" pass. Cause if ya do good, and follow the rules, there should be no reason why we should be restricted from things. If ya fuck up, no pass.

I will never defend alcohol, but I do understand the point iron horse jockey is making.

Anonymous

We all know how well prohibition worked in the US. Criminalizing marijuana was a mistake too.

Blazor

Quote from: "seoulbro"We all know how well prohibition worked in the US. Criminalizing marijuana was a mistake too.

I agree there too. Was legal for thousands of years used for its healing properties among other things. Was several reasons why they made it illegal, none of them were legit. Its about government control.

Anonymous

Quote from: "seoulbro"We all know how well prohibition worked in the US. Criminalizing marijuana was a mistake too.

I agree there too. Was legal for thousands of years used for its healing properties among other things. Was several reasons why they made it illegal, none of them were legit. Its about government control.

Adults do need the government deciding these things for themvlike they are kids.