The best topic

Replies: 10403
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

welcome back Superchecker

Started by Anonymous, October 22, 2017, 08:40:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Superchecker"
Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Superchecker"Hello! Just a little bit about myself, for those who don't already know/remember me:

Happily married guy, born and raised near Vancouver. No kids of our own, but huge extended family.

I enjoy being helpful and informative.

Never did the college or uni thing. Just been working since I was 12; lucked into public transit jobs nearly 30 years ago, and never looked back!

My wife and I like the slot machines, and earn free meals and hotel stays down in Vegas. Have been down 17 times and counting!

Have enjoyed 6 cruises in 20 years, including our most recent UK adventure back in May.

Have enjoyed both good luck and bad in life. Lucked into a great region, a great career, and a great marriage. Have won many contests over the years, including 2 cars!

On the flip side: have dealt with health issues/surgeries, multiple flooding issues, weight issues, and now multiple family and friends passing on.

If you have any questions about me, the Vancouver region, jobs in Vancouver, or advice on Vegas/cruising/gambling: I'm your guy!

You are an interesting man Superchecker..

We had flooding damage too during the great Southern Alberta flood of 2013..

Fortunately for us my husband who is a master electrician could repair everything..

Where did you win your cars Superchecker?

2009: Summers fair raffle = $30,000 Toyota!

2011: Local radio station online contest = $20,000 Chevy.

Sold the Chevy.

How lucky.

It's nice to meet you Superchecker.

Superchecker

Happy Monday; tell me a little about you guys and gals...
<t></t>

Anonymous

Quote from: "Superchecker"Happy Monday; tell me a little about you guys and gals...

I'm Taiwanese Canadian and I live in Calgary..

My husband is Dutch Canadian and we have a boy twelve and a daughter sixteen..

I work as administrative assistant and my husband is an electrician working as shop manager for a specialized oilfield service company..

Both my husband and I are Christians and we are raising our children in the faith..

My mother is still alive, but my father passed away December 18, 2016..

We have a dog and a cat who are both getting old..

I like skating on roller blades and ice, cycling, gardening cooking, cleaning, reading and camping..

I have a younger brother who works as a police constable in Manitoba..

I'm cynical towards modern politics and democracy..

I'm charitable, but I don't trust big charities..

My musical tastes include chart pop, soft hip hop, classic rock, country, reggae and gospel..

Christmas is my favourite time of the year.

Anonymous

Sold the Chevy.

What is a Summers fair raffle Superchecker?

Superchecker

Sold the Chevy.

Our region has an annual summers fair. The fair raffles off prizes. Used to cost $25 for 5 tickets; $50 for 15. We spent $25, and a week later was the drawing of the winning tickets, we won a Toyota!
<t></t>

Anonymous

Sold the Chevy.

Our region has an annual summers fair. The fair raffles off prizes. Used to cost $25 for 5 tickets; $50 for 15. We spent $25, and a week later was the drawing of the winning tickets, we won a Toyota!

Does a portion of the money go to charity?

Superchecker

Quote from: "Fashionista"Does a portion of the money go to charity?

I think it helps fund the summer fair, and all of the prizes.
<t></t>

Anonymous

Quote from: "Superchecker"Happy Monday; tell me a little about you guys and gals...

-born in Seoul, Korea.

-came to Canada when I was two

-single, never married, but I have a girlfriend

-I live 90 kilometres North of Toronto

-work in the financial services industry

-passionate about golf

-I take two gold and beach getaways every winter

-like to workout

-one older and one sister and they are both married with kids

-Gemini

Superchecker

Quote from: "seoulbro"
-born in Seoul, Korea.

-passionate about golf

-like to workout

-Gemini

Cool! Have you been back to Korea?

Visited Brantford twice in the 70's; but that's about it for my experience with Ontario.

Ever ventured out to BC?
<t></t>

Anonymous

Quote from: "seoulbro"
-born in Seoul, Korea.

-passionate about golf

-like to workout

-Gemini

Cool! Have you been back to Korea?

Visited Brantford twice in the 70's; but that's about it for my experience with Ontario.

Ever ventured out to BC?

Not for several years, but I've been back to Korea lots of times.

I live in Barrie, but I drove through Gretzky's home town.

I was offered the job running our Calgary office. I took a trip out and a side trip to Banff and Kananaskis. That was as close as I got to BC. I know the airport in Vancouver very well though. I usually transit in to and from Asia.

Anonymous

I will be fifty in Jaunuary. I own a farm near Kindersley, Saskatchewan. I have been  married twice. My current old lady an East Asian. I have worked in supervisory and management roles in oilfield services all over world for three decades. I have a son twenty six. I like to drink and fight. I've been in jail a few times.  I've had a lot of poontang. I love my Harley.

Superchecker

Quote from: "Herman"

I will be fifty in Jaunuary. I own a farm near Kindersley, Saskatchewan. I have been  married twice. My current old lady an East Asian. I have worked in supervisory and management roles in oilfield services all over world for three decades. I have a son twenty six. I like to drink and fight. I've been in jail a few times.  I've had a lot of poontang. I love my Harley.

Thanks for sharing! You're a few months older than me!

I enjoy one light beer each day now, never drink to excess. My father was a mean drunk, and I vowed 40 years ago, to never be like him.

My moms half step sister (daughter of her step dad) moved from Europe 30 years ago, and settled in Nipawin Sask. But I've never visited your province.
<t></t>

Anonymous

Quote from: "Herman"

Thanks for sharing! You're a few months older than me!

I enjoy one light beer each day now, never drink to excess. My father was a mean drunk, and I vowed 40 years ago, to never be like him.

My moms half step sister (daughter of her step dad) moved from Europe 30 years ago, and settled in Nipawin Sask. But I've never visited your province.

Good for you Superchecker..

:smiley_thumbs_up_yellow_ani:

Some people should not be allowed to drink alcohol..

And I can think of a couple people right off the tip of my tongue.

Anonymous

How's the economy out on the West coast? Are there lots of jobs and how are wages?

There seems to be jobs available around here, but unless you have the right skills it's all low wages(under twenty dollars per hour). The Wynn government's green energy schemes have driven up the price of electricity so high manufacturers are leaving for places like Ohio and Alabama. It's put a lot of consumers in poverty too.

Superchecker

Quote from: "seoulbro"How's the economy out on the West coast? Are there lots of jobs and how are wages?

There seems to be jobs available around here, but unless you have the right skills it's all low wages(under twenty dollars per hour). The Wynn government's green energy schemes have driven up the price of electricity so high manufacturers are leaving for places like Ohio and Alabama. It's put a lot of consumers in poverty too.

Practically everyone is hiring in metro Vancouver, but a fair number are lower wage jobs.

Housing is the big issue, extremely low rental vacancies.

The regions transit system is moving forward with a 10 year plan to increase and expand services. Major hiring going on. Over 70 active job postings, including the need for nearly 500 new bus driver trainees each year! New training classes every 2 weeks! Union wages and benefits.

BC recently had to fill over 1,000 new teaching positions too.

Healthcare jobs too.
<t></t>