The best topic

Replies: 10393
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:41:25 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

BitCoin has now crested $12,000 USD.

Started by Angry White Male, December 06, 2017, 02:25:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"
Quote from: "seoulbro"Bitcoin is hotter than ever. Is it time for the average investor to get some skin in the game?

Only if you've got cash to spare, says Mark Cuban, the billionaire investor and Shark Tank host.

"It's still very much a gamble," Cuban said of buying Bitcoin in a recent interview with MONEY. "It could go to $15,000 or zero and maybe both on the same day."

The price of Bitcoin recently shot past $13,000, and experts are split on whether the cryptocurrency is a good investment or not. Several stocks are soaring on the rising fever, and the infamous Winklevoss twins have been minted "Bitcoin billionaires" thanks to its meteoric rise in valuation over the last year. There could be at least 200 Bitcoin billionaires in the world already, and some people are even selling off their own assets and betting on Bitcoin as a longterm strategy for wealth accumulation.

But old-schoolers like Vanguard's Jack Bogle are saying you should avoid Bitcoin speculation "like the plague." Meanwhile, billionaire Thomas Peterffy of the brokerage Interactive Brokers recently warned that a Bitcoin futures market could lead to a "Lehman-brothers style collapse" of the whole financial system.

Cuban says he owns Bitcoin himself, along with another cryptocurrency, Ethereum—but with a net worth of roughly $3.3 billion, and assets like the Dallas Mavericks, he can afford to take some risks. Which is essentially his mantra right now on how regular people should approach Bitcoin.

If it's money you need to depend on and can't afford to lose, don't do it," Cuban said. "If you have money you can gamble with, then it's worth taking a shot."

http://time.com/money/5052218/mark-cuban-bitcoin-advice/">http://time.com/money/5052218/mark-cuba ... in-advice/">http://time.com/money/5052218/mark-cuban-bitcoin-advice/

Mark Cuban is right. I would never advise my clients to gamble their financial security on bitcoin.

I agree 100% on that for BTC but not all cryptos or ICO's.

Dip your toes in the waters but not the entire feet.

I agree.

Frood

Quote from: "Fashionista"I just saw on the news,  a small operation in suburban Vancouver that mines  crypto currencies in their garage..

They had to rent a bigger place because they couldn't get enough electrical  power.

It's not profitable in most parts of the West unless it's a large operation situated in the gravy grid zone.

Ace has got the BTC bug or tulip mania. If I can mine out 1 BTC every year or two through a pool, at peanuts, I'm happy to risk losing my peanuts.

Ace is betting 20,000 dollars Canadian worth of peanuts.

It's kind of sad.
Blahhhhhh...

Angry White Male

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"I just saw on the news,  a small operation in suburban Vancouver that mines  crypto currencies in their garage..

They had to rent a bigger place because they couldn't get enough electrical  power.

It's not profitable in most parts of the West unless it's a large operation situated in the gravy grid zone.

Ace has got the BTC bug or tulip mania. If I can mine out 1 BTC every year or two through a pool, at peanuts, I'm happy to risk losing my peanuts.

It's kind of sad.

The man in Vancouver wasn't making a lot of money..

He hopes to with a larger operation.

Angry White Male

I am an investor.

I know the markets.

When I fucking tell you to do something, you should do it...

Frood

Quote from: "Angry White Male"Stop being one of the poors, Dinky...

I've invested a small sum in nearly two dozen cryptos and ICO's combined and have done for years. Can you say the same for yourself?

You appear to have broken your tulip cherry on BTC solely and don't understand that there are far better crypto-lovers out there to take your crypto man fanny further, harder, longer.

The impression that I get from this thread. Your thread. Is that you have no idea what you're doing because you're a desperate newb to the game. Though rest assured you're part of a growing number of latecomers who throw savings at something due to the hype (and I thank you for that  :thumbup: )
Blahhhhhh...

Frood

Quote from: "Angry White Male"I am an investor.

I know the markets.

When I fucking tell you to do something, you should do it...

ac_toofunny
Blahhhhhh...

Angry White Male

Enjoy being a poors, Dinky.  And do NOT ever attempt to 'school' me at 'Investing 101.'

Why?  You FUCKING FAILED the class...

Frood

Quote from: "Fashionista"

It's kind of sad.

The man in Vancouver wasn't making a lot of money..

He hopes to with a larger operation.

If he can't position to cheaper power and better hardware (side effect of doing anything in bulk), he won't be able to rival the new money in cheaper nations.

Quote from: "Angry White Male"Enjoy being a poors, Dinky.  And do NOT ever attempt to 'school' me at 'Investing 101.'

Why?  You FUCKING FAILED the class...

ac_lmfao
Blahhhhhh...

Angry White Male

You fucking poors!

You will regret not listening to me!

And Dinky will ALWAYS regret selling for $100!

Frood

Blahhhhhh...

Angry White Male

Frood

Quote from: "Angry White Male"Was that $100 sale a bargain?

ac_toofunny

Was that 20,000 Canadian price tag for just one BTC a steal?  ac_lmfao
Blahhhhhh...

Angry White Male

I'm up 50% in just a few days...

I am willing to invest more.

You are not...

Angry White Male

Stay poor, Dinky, stay poor!

And don't worry about those cheap coins...  You all would have sold by around $100 anyhow, and did.

Now is the time where the big boys create wealth for me.