Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

I expect better of Canadians

Started by Bricktop, December 21, 2017, 05:30:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zetsu

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"The enjoyment of hunting or the thrill of the pursuit is in our instincts just like we enjoy sex but reproduction is the goal.

Nothing wrong with killing or screwing except screwing what you killed.

Lol this is why I hate cats, even if it's in their instincts to play with their prey.
Permanently off his rocker

Anonymous

Quote from: "Zetsu"
Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"Meat comes from animals, not from a tray.

Strange for some but true.

I can understand sometimes ppl need to eat meat for proper nutrition or to simply survive, but killing for just the kick of it is just not right imo.

What about people that prefer the taste of wild game?  I don't hunt anymore and except for a 22 and a 270, I gave my nephews all my hunting rifles. In return they keep my freezer full of elk, venison or moose each fall. I prefer the taste of all three of them over beef.

Do you have a problem with that?

I have nothing against people that hunt if there's no option to buy it at the supermarket, in fact I eat meat too b/c my joints can't last too long or recover without it, or risk suffering brain shrinkage which I don't want too, and have to admit meat does taste good and gives me an appetite, it's just the way people turn hunting into a sport that makes ppl sad.  I know understand my point, but think about by going up on more level, people tying up animals, hanging them upside down and killing them just for fun, wouldn't you be upset too?

I'm not talking about torturing animals. That's what factory chicken and turkey farms do.

My question is do you  have a problem with people like me who prefer wild game over domestic livestock? I could go to Costco in Saskatoon and stock up on beef and chicken, but I'd rather eat elk and partridge.

Is this wrong in your opinion?

Zetsu

Quote from: "Odinson"
Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"Meat comes from animals, not from a tray.

Strange for some but true.

I can understand sometimes ppl need to eat meat for proper nutrition or to simply survive, but killing for just the kick of it is just not right imo.

I think me killing and butchering the animal myself is way more natural than the animal being killed by automated machines in a slaughter house..

Also the meat is pure and way less greasy..

Eating heavily processed meat is less tasteful to me.

I like watching people eat food that I have hunted and prepared...

Women like a man who hunts and is not afraid of blood&guts. :D

I guess that's a bit different, maybe b/c I live in a family where everyone had been a vegetarian for many years affects our POV.

Frood

Vegetarianism should be classed as a mental illness.
Blahhhhhh...

Bricktop

I agree.

Its right up there with pretending to be something you're not.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"Vegetarianism should be classed as a mental illness.

I don't care if someone wants to make a personal choice to forego meat. But, if they want to stop me from enjoying elk smokies, than they are crossing the line.

Zetsu

I'm not talking about torturing animals. That's what factory chicken and turkey farms do.

My question is do you  have a problem with people like me who prefer wild game over domestic livestock. I could go to Costco in Saskatoon and stock up on beef and chicken, but I'd rather eat elk and partridge.

Is this wrong in your opinion?

I have nothing against ppl that prefer game meat, I understand people need to eat food that taste appetizing to them.  In my last post about the tying and hanging the chicken part it was a referral to some Chinese folks hosting a festival that involve giving ppl a bow and arrow and shoot live chickens.

Here's the link below if you want to know more

http://news.asiantown.net/r/27951/Meanwhile--in-China--Live-chicken-target-shooting-at-ice-Festival">http://news.asiantown.net/r/27951/Meanw ... e-Festival">http://news.asiantown.net/r/27951/Meanwhile--in-China--Live-chicken-target-shooting-at-ice-Festival

Festival organisers have caused controversy in northern China by offering visitors the chance to shoot live chickens with bows and arrows.

Bystanders watched as the helpless birds were strung up by their feet in front of an ice wall at the Jilin Ice Festival in Yanji, while tourists took pot shots at them.

Organisers have defended the event saying: "The game was very popular and people enjoyed it.

Bricktop

Elk smokies and barrel wash...is there anything better at Xmas???

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"Elk smokies and barrel wash...is there anything better at Xmas???

Redneck paradise.

Bricktop

Well, if there's still a tad of Ukraine DNA alive and kicking...borscht and vodka!!!

Zetsu

Quote from: "Bricktop"I agree.

But how can it be a mental illness?

Anonymous

It's not. But, those veggie greenies that want to impose their way of life on everyone else can go fuck themselves.

Bricktop

To Freud, anything that contradicts his macho concept of Utopia is the result of a psychiatric disorder.

Everything, that is, except maintaining a pretence of being the opposite of your true gender.

That, apparently, is perfectly sane. ac_dunno

Frood

Bricktop must be Christmas Eve drunk already and it's barely noon there.
Blahhhhhh...

Zetsu

It's not. But, those veggie greenies that want to impose their way of life on everyone else can go fuck themselves.

I can understand how it feels, despite it being a good deed to not eat meat and one of the most important virtue in Buddhism, humans sadly were never design for it.  Went almost meat free for 14 years and 3 years as a vegetarian gave me nothing but a lot of development problems for my body.  ac_unsure