Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:28:38 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by deport_liberals

Trump's Sh**hole Countries comment

Started by Wazzzup, January 12, 2018, 11:44:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"Just tell it like it is, folks. There are shithole countries.

There was a time when people said that about the Philippines where you are from or Taiwan where I'm from..

Good immigrants can come from dysfunctional states.

So, what is your point, Fash? I know that and parts of it can be described as shithole while there are beautiful parts too. No one said good immigrants cannot come from dysfunctional states. Plainly speaking, there are shithole countries, period.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

mugwump

Quote from: "Wazzzup"yes there are shithole countries.  Most of that has to do with the terrible governments in charge of them not necessaritly the people who live there.

However, to assess something like how certain groups integrate into western societies one should look at statistics. For instance Sudanese and Somalis in Australia commit 5 times the violent crime other Australians do.  Therefore Australia (and perhaps other places) should shut their doors to the Sudanese and Somalis.   or at the very least bring in only a very very small number, and make certain they are highly educated.

We need to be reality correct, not politically correct when we assess group behavior.  People from different places often DO behave differently.

Somalis are over represented in crime stats in Canada too. Even Africans who come here as skilled immigrants all too often have fake credentials or even fake identities.

Sorry, immigration is not charity. There are too many great candidates from Asia, Europe and Latin America to take risks on Africa and the Middle East. But, I still say immigration should be reduced 85 per cent.

mugwump

Quote from: "Wazzzup"BTW Along that line I saw someone post this on another website about trumps comments, and it pertains to the racial matter.

Quoteliberals living behind walls in gated communities and sending their kids to private schools, shouldn't cast stones at those who simply point out what they themselves are seeking to avoid (the shitholes outside of their gated communities)

I am certainly no liberal but I live in an area where the average house costs triple what a house in the inner city would cost.  Basically I live behind an economic wall that keeps dangerous people out.  (sorry to say most are black with a little bit of hispanic thrown in, but that is reality)

The irony is that a lot of liberals who praise diversity, who would excoriate anyone saying anything bad about black culture in the inner city, nearly all live behind an economic wall that seperates them from most of the diversity they profess to loves so much.  

I guess Its much easier to be against prejudice and all the rest when you live in an ivory tower far away, where none of it effects you.

Rich progs who dictate their 'opposition to diversity is hate' should have to walk the walk. They must live and work inside the worst no go zones of cities like Marseille, Brussels, London, and Malmo.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"
Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"Just tell it like it is, folks. There are shithole countries.

There was a time when people said that about the Philippines where you are from or Taiwan where I'm from..

Good immigrants can come from dysfunctional states.

So, what is your point, Fash? I know that and parts of it can be described as shithole while there are beautiful parts too. No one said good immigrants cannot come from dysfunctional states. Plainly speaking, there are shithole countries, period.

That you and I would be in the Philippines and Taiwan respectively if that was the prevailing wisdom at the time we came here.

Wazzzup

Is there any way to be fair to everyone though,  no, I don't think so.

for example--Canada uses a point system, it is certainly possible that a good person could be turned away for having low points? right?

the purpose of any system, other then "let everybody in who wants in," is to guage who is likely to be an asset instead of a detriment.

Wazzzup

BTW A little more info on the shitholegate scandal has come in--

Hillary Clinton Blasts Trump's 'Ignorant, Racist Views' About Haiti, Forgets That she and her Husband Ripped Off Haitians

https://www.weaselzippers.us/370980-hillary-clinton-blasts-trumps-ignorant-racist-views-about-haiti-forgets-ripping-off-haitians/">https://www.weaselzippers.us/370980-hil ... -haitians/">https://www.weaselzippers.us/370980-hillary-clinton-blasts-trumps-ignorant-racist-views-about-haiti-forgets-ripping-off-haitians/

Two Years ago Obama Called Libya A 'Shit Show'

http://dailycaller.com/2018/01/12/flashback-that-time-obama-called-libya-a-st-show/">http://dailycaller.com/2018/01/12/flash ... a-st-show/">http://dailycaller.com/2018/01/12/flashback-that-time-obama-called-libya-a-st-show/

Odinson

Technically the countries he mentioned are shitholes...

They arent "developing countries".

Developing means that they are developing on their own...

They are an inch away from blowing themselves to pieces.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Wazzzup"Is there any way to be fair to everyone though,  no, I don't think so.

for example--Canada uses a point system, it is certainly possible that a good person could be turned away for having low points? right?

the purpose of any system, other then "let everybody in who wants in," is to guage who is likely to be an asset instead of a detriment.

Okay, I give up.

Anonymous

Yep!!

Zetsu

Lol I dun blame Trump for calling those countries shitholes, even Hong Kong as vibrant as it looks to people that never lived there, imho that city is what I would consider as another shithole, if it wasn't for my family living there, I wouldn't shed a single tear if one day the US or mainland China decided to nuke that place.
Permanently off his rocker

Bricktop

I've never thought of HK as a shithole.

Crammed, busy, noisy and maybe a little ramshackle in places, its still a vibrant and interesting part of the world.

@realAzhyaAryola

Oh come on. Every place has a shithole. It does not bother me when people say the Philippines is a shithole. I've been there. I know the places that look like shitholes and then I know of the beautiful places that exist there too.

Hong Kong has many nice areas but it sure has shitholes too.

https://ihatehongkong2.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/hk-scrapbook-20.jpg">
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Wazzzup

Parts of the US are shitholes.  Detroit is known for being a shithole.  Parts of Chicago and other major cities in the US are shitholes.

Most of them are cities with a long history of democrat control.

@realAzhyaAryola

That you and I would be in the Philippines and Taiwan respectively if that was the prevailing wisdom at the time we came here.

I disagree. At the time we came here to the West, there were westerners then who already considered Philippines and Taiwan as shitholes. This is not a new concept just because Trump said it recently. This is something many westerners already believed to be true from time immemorial.

It's like Trump's comment about someone being a lightweight. These "shithole" countries he was referring to are countries that basically are lightweight countries. They are not the "heavy" countries that can make a significant contribution to the broader world because they do not have the wherewithal. They have other resources but not parallel to the USA and the other heavy weight countries. Mind you, I do know that the Philippines is slowly catching up to the heavy weight countries but it still has a long way to go.
@realAzhyaAryola

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: "Wazzzup"Parts of the US are shitholes.  Detroit is known for being a shithole.  Parts of Chicago and other major cities in the US are shitholes.

Most of them are cities with a long history of democrat control.

Of course. That is what I meant. Every place has shitholes that's why it is not necessary to overreact to Trump's comments because he's generalizing and I'm sure he knows that the US too has its own shitholes and Vancouver too, haha.
@realAzhyaAryola