Replies: 10403
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

New California declares "independence" from rest of state

Started by Anonymous, January 17, 2018, 11:16:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bricktop

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"Don't know anything about the crappy tennis, the yank, or the jungle monkeys and I don't care. Vic is a big and vibrant state where everything happens good and bad, unlike the shithole, SA where nothing happens.

You seem remarkably ignorant of the current affairs in your chosen State.

Perhaps, before making comment, you should do a little research.

Last I checked, waiting for a tram in Adelaide did not require you standing in a concrete bunker.

Frood

Quote from: "Bricktop"
Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"Don't know anything about the crappy tennis, the yank, or the jungle monkeys and I don't care. Vic is a big and vibrant state where everything happens good and bad, unlike the shithole, SA where nothing happens.

You seem remarkably ignorant of the current affairs in your chosen State.

Perhaps, before making comment, you should do a little research.

Last I checked, waiting for a tram in Adelaide did not require you standing in a concrete bunker.

Just accept that your crappy little do nothing shithole State lacks the infrastructure and population to ever matter to the rest of the country and it's boring, inbred, and full of California like pompous douchebags.
Blahhhhhh...

Bricktop

To be honest, I don't necessarily disagree with your views on SA and Adelaide.

On the other hand, I'd rather be here than in a violent, ill-governed, overcrowded, overvalued crime centre like Melbourne.

The alps and GOR are nice though. I've done the GOR on a motorcycle with my daughter. It was a great run.

Frood

At least we can both be thankful that we're not NSW.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

I don't know much about how each Australian state is governed, but I would say Western Australia or Queensland are the best states to live in.

Bricktop

WA is very remote.

Its capital, Perth, is the most remote capital city on the planet. No capital city is further from an adjacent capital than Perth. Its a 3 1/2 flight from Adelaide, the closest city. Its a fine place, though. Its also heavily reliant on mining for its revenue, which means that the fluctuations in demand for minerals has a major effect on its economy. A lot of millionaires come from Perth, but few survive bankruptcy eventually.

Queensland is mainly subtropical. Gets humid, and also gets cyclones. For many years it was governed by one of the most corrupt governments in any western democracy. Its a nice place, in general. Brisbane is the capital, and its a bit of a jumble. The rural sector is currently suffering a severe drought, while the rest of the country has plenty of water.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"WA is very remote.

Its capital, Perth, is the most remote capital city on the planet. No capital city is further from an adjacent capital than Perth. Its a 3 1/2 flight from Adelaide, the closest city. Its a fine place, though. Its also heavily reliant on mining for its revenue, which means that the fluctuations in demand for minerals has a major effect on its economy. A lot of millionaires come from Perth, but few survive bankruptcy eventually.

Queensland is mainly subtropical. Gets humid, and also gets cyclones. For many years it was governed by one of the most corrupt governments in any western democracy. Its a nice place, in general. Brisbane is the capital, and its a bit of a jumble. The rural sector is currently suffering a severe drought, while the rest of the country has plenty of water.

Perth is supposedly a sister city of Calgary..

Anonymous

I liked Queensland when I lived there. Lots of bogans.

You must mean Joh Bjelke Petersen. He was gone when I was there, but I heard some good stories about him.

Bricktop

Yep. Chairman Joh. He organised the biggest gerrymander in Australian history (causing new electoral laws to be introduced to avoid it ever happening again). His opponents could rarely get more than 20% of the vote. His Department heads were hand picked crooks, including the infamous Commissioner of Police, Fitzgerald and his Ministers were all on the take.

It was in every sense a criminal organisation.

Oddly, a former Premier of Western Australia was also gaoled for corruption.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"Yep. Chairman Joh. He organised the biggest gerrymander in Australian history (causing new electoral laws to be introduced to avoid it ever happening again). His opponents could rarely get more than 20% of the vote. His Department heads were hand picked crooks, including the infamous Commissioner of Police, Fitzgerald and his Ministers were all on the take.

It was in every sense a criminal organisation.

Oddly, a former Premier of Western Australia was also gaoled for corruption.

His legend lives on.

Frood

Quote from: "Herman"

You must mean Joh Bjelke Petersen. He was gone when I was there, but I heard some good stories about him.

Qld is our bogan manufacturing region. Finest quality guaranteed.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"
Quote from: "Herman"

Qld is our bogan manufacturing region. Finest quality guaranteed.

I met some salt of the earth people there.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"What does bogan mean?

Me. I am a bogan and proud of it.

Bricktop

Bogan...a chav, or a poorly educated, impoverished, unrefined young adult. They wear checkered flanellette, have no teeth and think drinking a carton of beer is what they were put on the Earth for.