The best topic

Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 21, 2024, 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

NCIX and Gibson Guitars Bankrupt?

Started by Angry White Male, February 21, 2018, 04:45:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Angry White Male

NCIX is a local computer store here that most would probably not know.  Fry's may be an equivalent, for the US posters.

Gibson Guitar is failing as a business also...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"NCIX is a local computer store here that most would probably not know.  Fry's may be an equivalent, for the US posters.

Gibson Guitar is failing as a business also...

:ohmy:

Bricktop

Personal computers are disappearing fast, replaced by smart phones and pads.

They will still be needed for business purposes, but for the young, casual user, they are all but finished.

Odinson

Quote from: "Bricktop"Personal computers are disappearing fast, replaced by smart phones and pads.

They will still be needed for business purposes, but for the young, casual user, they are all but finished.

Pads or smartphones dont pack nearly enough torque to run even the low-end mainstream games..

Laptops are inadequate too.

High-end desktop PCs are a lot more powerful and they are relatively cheap.

Desktop PCs are never gonna disappear..

The bigger the computer is, the more power it has...

6 ultra modern gpus is better than 1.

Bricktop

I do not disagree.

But many homes have computers that are not for gaming. MOST computers are not for gaming. Gaming PC's MAY survive, but I suspect consoles will eventually render them extinct.

Anonymous

The original Gibson Brands was founded in 1902.

cc

Damn. Hard to see them go.

Used to own a Les Paul model. It was registered as one of the first 10 Les Paul models made.

An oldy but goody. A sweeeet machine.

NCIX had more than one outlet, Richmond for sure. I bought my current solid state drive from the Langley store.

It was then added to the new computer, OS was moved to it and it is still my main drive.

Both gone. I hope it wasn't some spell I gave them
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"Damn. Hard to see them go.

Used to own a Les Paul model. It was registered as one of the first 10 Les Paul models made.

An oldy but goody. A sweeeet machine.

NCIX had more than one outlet, Richmond for sure. I bought my current solid state drive from the Langley store.

It was then added to the new computer, OS was moved to it and it is still my main drive.

Both gone. I hope it wasn't some spell I gave them

You play guitar cc?

cc

Yes. Not so much lately, but it was always my instrument of choice

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"Yes. Not so much lately, but it was always my instrument of choice

Oh, you're so lucky cc..

My musical ability is not that great.

cc

I was lucky. It came easy to me. Never took lessons, just used a Chet Atkins book to get some starter chords and played it by ear from then on.

Melody along with chords came easy for me but I always regretted not starting with finger style picking on Spanish.

Silly really as I started with steel guitar initially and that is all finger style .. plus I like to chord and pick melody together, so it would have been smarter to start with finger style.

I could spend all day watching and hearing Chet's fingers fly

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"Yes. Not so much lately, but it was always my instrument of choice

Kewl. I've played the piano all my life. Still play for relaxation when I'm stressed out and pissed off. Not that I'm ever pissed off. :43(2):

cc

That's great. I toyed with piano at friends houses a bit and it was natural .. but never followed through.

I cannot imagine you ever p'd off, but I'll take your word for it

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"That's great. I toyed with piano at friends houses a bit and it was natural .. but never followed through.

I cannot imagine you ever p'd off, but I'll take your word for it

I know eh. Everybody thinks I'm sweeter than fucking sugar. ac_razz

cc

I'll keep it quiet as our dirty little  secret