Replies: 10393
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:41:25 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

Hot Peppers

Started by Wazzzup, March 20, 2018, 03:39:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wazzzup

I like spicy hot food.  So for the longest time I put red pepper flakes on any food that tastes better with some kick.

I'm getting bored with that, so lately I will slice up a hot pepper and add it to my food.

Jalapenos taste good, but they vary a lot.  Some are nice and hot and others you can eat the whole pepper and not even feel it.

Habaneros are consistently hot but they have a weird taste I don't care much for.

Serranos are a pretty good fit, they taste like jalapenos but are consistently hotter.  

Anybody else use hot peppers, if so, what do you like?

Blazor

I love hot and spicy!

You're right, jalapenos can vary. I get these, they are hotter than normal ones, just right.

https://www.mezzetta.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/Deli-Sliced-Hot-Jalape%C3%B1o-Peppers_lg_2.png">
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Wazzzup"I like spicy hot food.  So for the longest time I put red pepper flakes on any food that tastes better with some kick.

I'm getting bored with that, so lately I will slice up a hot pepper and add it to my food.

Jalapenos taste good, but they vary a lot.  Some are nice and hot and others you can eat the whole pepper and not even feel it.

Habaneros are consistently hot but they have a weird taste I don't care much for.

Serranos are a pretty good fit, they taste like jalapenos but are consistently hotter.  

Anybody else use hot peppers, if so, what do you like?

I am Korean, we love food with heat.

Bricktop

Costco have HUUUUUGE jars of jalapenos for cheap.

I eat them with everything...except my breakfast cereal.

realgrimm

White Ghost Peppers for heat

QuoteUse with caution, wrinkled white pepper. 125 times hotter than a Jalapeno pepper! Bhut Jolokia White is a rare, natural variant of Red Bhut Jolokia. Ghost pepper can reach over 1,000,000 Scoville Heat Units (SHU).

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"Costco have HUUUUUGE jars of jalapenos for cheap.

I eat them with everything...except my breakfast cereal.

I like a hint of heat with most meals too.

Bricktop

Toasted jalapenos and cheese sandwiches!!!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"Toasted jalapenos and cheese sandwiches!!!

It's a bunkhouse staple.

Bricktop

And here I am thinking I've invented a really cool sammich.

deadskinmask

serranos are my current favorite. i cut the seeds out and bust em with a mallet.... they're not as noticeable in the food and you get a more consistent heat....

Anonymous

Quote from: "deadskinmask"serranos are my current favorite. i cut the seeds out and bust em with a mallet.... they're not as noticeable in the food and you get a more consistent heat....

The seeds in peppers are where all the heat is.

deadskinmask

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "deadskinmask"serranos are my current favorite. i cut the seeds out and bust em with a mallet.... they're not as noticeable in the food and you get a more consistent heat....

exactly.... thats why busting them up (or if you're good with a knife, chopping them up) is a great idea. the heat is more consistent and cooks evenly in the food. and the seeds being cracked or cut, makes em easier to chew or swallow.... so, yeah.... its a good idea....

Anonymous

Quote from: "deadskinmask"

exactly.... thats why busting them up (or if you're good with a knife, chopping them up) is a great idea. the heat is more consistent and cooks evenly in the food. and the seeds being cracked or cut, makes em easier to chew or swallow.... so, yeah.... its a good idea....

We do that..

A little heat is fine, but we don't enjoy it when it's overpowering.

Anonymous

I make a home made hot sauce in the Nutri Bullet. I use less than half the pepper seeds

deadskinmask

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"

I make a home made hot sauce in the Nutri Bullet. I use less than half the pepper seeds

i've seen those bullets on late night infomercials.... its one of the very few products i've been tempted to buy....