Replies: 10393
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:41:25 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

A

Christian Corner

Started by Anonymous, July 27, 2013, 11:57:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "jaysings"
Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Lotus Leaf"
Are you a real Christian or are you another one of those "patriotic" Chinese Christians?

I am Taiwanese not Chinese..

Are you questioning my salvation?

no doubt of your salvation. at least i trust u ;)

Thank you so much Jaysings..

You are so sweet.

Laughing Out Loud

Quote from: "Fashionista"I was raised in a Christian home, but I was more of a "church kid" than a person on fire for Christ..

Like many people who were raised in Christian homes I was riding my parents coattails..

I attended church youth groups and all my friends were from Christian homes, but I didn't really know what it was like to have a relationship with God through Jesus Christ..

It wasn't until I was taking my administrative assistant courses in community college and waitressing in a Chinese restaurant that my faith grew..

Romans 2:12 Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect

Before I graduated from high school I had never had to put my faith to the test.

Are you a real Christian or are you another one of those "patriotic" Chinese Christians?

what does "patriotic chinese christian" mean?

Places of nationalistic brainwashing that look like legitimate places of worship. The type of church Green Hornet would attend.

Anonymous

Places of nationalistic brainwashing that look like legitimate places of worship. The type of church Green Hornet would attend.

I know some people from China that are real Christians.

jaysings

oh i got u now

Anonymous

The CCP is nervous about anything that could challenge their monopoly on power. This is why they insist on promoting cardionals and not the church in Rome. Same with any church/mosque they do not influence.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li"

The CCP is nervous about anything that could challenge their monopoly on power. This is why they insist on promoting cardionals and not the church in Rome. Same with any church/mosque they do not influence.

I understand that Shen Li, but I have still met some biblically sound Christians from China.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li"

I understand that Shen Li, but I have still met some biblically sound Christians from China.

I don't doubt that you have. What I am saying is that they either became devout believers in Canada or attended underground churches. Foreign missionaries are in China, but they are not supposed to be proselytising.

Anonymous

God plays to full houses in Korea. The church has a lot of influence there.

Obvious Li

Quote from: "seoulbro"God plays to full houses in Korea. The church has a lot of influence there.

yes..in Korea churches are private and are a huge moneymaking scam for the few that own them.......millions and millions from property, especially the Buddhist temples......funerals (crematoriums) are also a huge money maker

Anonymous

Quote from: "Obvious Li"
Quote from: "seoulbro"God plays to full houses in Korea. The church has a lot of influence there.

yes..in Korea churches are private and are a huge moneymaking scam for the few that own them.......millions and millions from property, especially the Buddhist temples......funerals (crematoriums) are also a huge money maker

What?? I am a devout atheist, but I didn't think any one person could own a church? A cult maybe, but not a church. I thought they were accountable to their denominations, deacons and their entire congregations?

Anonymous

Funerals are a business in Taiwan too Mr. Obvious Li..

I don't understand what you mean about churches being a huge moneymaking scam?

Obvious Li

when i was there it seemed like every week there was another story in the papers about some church pastor or priest ripping off millions of dollars from a congregation or selling church property to real estate developers and pocketing the money.....believe me wherever there is money in Korea there is a scam artist working on stealing it.....strangest place i've ever seen......even though these people must know they will get caught they just can't help stealing....a friend and i went to a wine bar and drank a few bottles of nectar....he paid with his credit card.....once the transaction was approved the owner put through another 12 transactions totaling 20K on his card..........he kept billing until the card was maxed.....using his merchant number etc......i had 4k put on mine at one bar.....WTF they know the police will get them but they can't help themselves...dishonesty is part of the culture...seems like a huge generalization i know.....but it happened soooo often to me over there.....from everyone

Anonymous

when i was there it seemed like every week there was another story in the papers about some church pastor or priest ripping off millions of dollars from a congregation or selling church property to real estate developers and pocketing the money.....believe me wherever there is money in Korea there is a scam artist working on stealing it.....strangest place i've ever seen......even though these people must know they will get caught they just can't help stealing....a friend and i went to a wine bar and drank a few bottles of nectar....he paid with his credit card.....once the transaction was approved the owner put through another 12 transactions totaling 20K on his card..........he kept billing until the card was maxed.....using his merchant number etc......i had 4k put on mine at one bar.....WTF they know the police will get them but they can't help themselves...dishonesty is part of the culture...seems like a huge generalization i know.....but it happened soooo often to me over there.....from everyone

I don't understand that Mr. Obvious Li?

My pastor cannot sell any church property without approval from the church members..

We have a secretary, treasurer, auditor and a financial report issued quarterly..

Financial impropriety would be nearly impossible without someone catching it.

Odinson

Time Flies

I don't understand that Mr. Obvious Li?

My pastor cannot sell any church property without approval from the church members..

We have a secretary, treasurer, auditor and a financial report issued quarterly..

Financial impropriety would be nearly impossible without someone catching it.

Let me guess, you go to an all white church? You are the token minority and they get you to wash the floors and clean the kitchen? They use your face in diversity photos to try and boost memberships.