Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

A

Christian Corner

Started by Anonymous, July 27, 2013, 11:57:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

August 22, 2013

Put God to the Test

"Oh, put God to the test and see how kind He is! See for yourself the way His mercies shower down on all who trust in Him" (Psalm 34:8).

Sam wanted to receive Christ, but he was reluctant. Somehow, he just could not bring himself to make that necessary commitment of the will to exercise his faith and receive Christ. Because of unfortunate experiences in his youth, he had a distorted view of the goodness of God.

I encouraged Him to make his commitment, but he still hesitated. Finally, I turned to that wonderful promise of our Scripture for today and asked him to read it. As he read, the Holy Spirit gave him the faith to believe that he could trust God.

Put God to the test. Taste and see how good and kind He is. Sam discovered that day, and for the rest of his life, the faithfulness and the goodness and the kindness of God.

Do you have reservations, uncertainties, fears about the trustworthiness of God? If so, I encourage you to place your trust in Him, and you will find, as millions have found, and as I have found, that God is good, faithful, and true.

Similarly, you and I can put God to the test and find a friendly haven in the midst of enemy territory. More important, perhaps, is the certainty we can have that God does hear and answer our prayers - in situations where He and He alone knows the end from the beginning and can provide deliverance.

How vital to the supernatural life to know that we have immediate access to the God of the universe, the very one who alone can guarantee victory and deliverance.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bible Reading: I Peter 2:1-5

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TODAY'S ACTION POINT: Realizing that, as a believer, I am constantly in "enemy territory," I will trust God and encourage others to trust Him moment by moment for deliverance, for I know that He is just and kind and good. He is a loving, heavenly Father whom I can trust. I will encourage others to put God to the test and see how kind He is, to discover for themselves His mercies that He showers on all who place their trust in Him.

Anonymous

I had an exhausting day today..

It was my turn to prepare the fellowship luncheon at my church..

I was up late last night and early this morning making sandwiches, salads, dessert squares and chicken soup..

It is a pleasure though to serve..

Today's sermon was about serving the poor with James 5:1-6 as reference.

Odinson

Quote from: "Fashionista"I had an exhausting day today..

I was up late last night and early this morning making sandwiches, salads, dessert squares and chicken soup..

Sounds very nice.

You are a very peculiar person.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Odinson"

Sounds very nice.

She is actually a very kind person.

Odinson

Quote from: "Shen Li"

Sounds very nice.

She seems to be so.

Big Wave Dave

Sounds very nice.

She seems to be so.

No self-respecting Asian babe would ever go out with some Aunt Jemima humper like you.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Big Wave Dave"

She seems to be so.

No self-respecting Asian babe would ever go out with some Aunt Jemima humper like you.

I know Fash and she wouldn't give either one of you two mouthy losers the time o day.

Renee

She seems to be so.

Good God, is this the best quality of troll this place can attract?  :roll:
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"

She seems to be so.

SMP is talented by comparison.

Renee

Actually he is, no joke. Some of his postings can be rather entertaining, even if they are 100% bullshit.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Obvious Li

Actually he is, no joke. Some of his postings can be rather entertaining, even if they are 100% bullshit.

ya i don 't really mind if he rambles on here....better than some...way better than some

Anonymous

Quote from: "Obvious Li"

ya i don 't really mind if he rambles on here....better than some...way better than some

Posting personal information is very not cool. He hasn't done it here...yet.

Obvious Li

Posting personal information is very not cool. He hasn't done it here...yet.

if he starts his bullshit i will delete him into the dustbin of ACF history....

Anonymous

Rambling on is fine.

Anonymous

Cupbearer To The King

One of my favorite Bible passages that applies to work is Nehemiah 1–2. King Artaxerxes' employee Nehemiah had been such an exemplary worker that the king wanted to honor him by helping him when he was sad that Jerusalem was still in ruins. He asked Nehemiah, "Why is your face sad? . . . What do you request?" (2:2,4). He wasn't just any worker for the king, he was the cupbearer, the man who tasted the king's drink to protect him from being poisoned. In order to have earned such a position, he apparently worked hard and honored God in everything he did. And the king granted his requests.

God cares about the way we work. Colossians 3:23 tells us, "Whatever you do, do it heartily, as to the Lord and not to men." We can follow Nehemiah's example in these ways: Be such a competent and trusted worker that God is honored (Neh. 1:11–2:6). Care passionately about others and what's important to them. Take action, occasionally even risky action, to honor what's important to God and to fellow believers (2:3-6).

When we honor God in work, our employers may notice. But even if they don't, our heart's desire and purpose should be to honor the One we really serve—the Lord our God (Col. 3:17,23).

O Lord, may the way I serve tell Your story!

I want to bring You all the glory in my work,

at home, and everywhere I go. Fill me and use

me to bless others and honor You today.

God honors faith because faith honors God.