The best topic

Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

Question - Why Would Syria Use Chemical Weapons Knowing They would pay a GREAT price??- Update: Attack underway

Started by cc, April 08, 2018, 09:57:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bricktop

But you do know that you must watch, read or listen to ANY journalism, print or video, with a scrutinising mind, right?

Because its in a documentary, or on TV, or printed in a glossy magazine does not render it true. Behind all of that information is a journalist...and there is NO reason to believe that a journalist is MORE intelligent, informed or erudite than you. Their main mission is to make a buck by engaging your attention, and making you BELIEVE. That is their job, and some are extremely compelling and persuasive.

Never take a documentary or op ed on face value. EVERY journalistic "expose" has a purpose, and they are not always based on truth in achieving that purpose. Most are not.

I always ask myself this question. What was the motivation and intent of the author of this report? For example, what motivated a journalist to create a documentary that claims the moon landing was fake, despite the OVERWHELMING evidence to the contrary. Or that the holocaust did not occur? Do you believe THOSE "documentaries"?

Blind acceptance of ANY journalism plays right into THEIR hands, not yours.

Bricktop

Of course!!!

Which is why I believe everything you put up!!!

And of course, I admire the originality of your thinking.

Blazor

Quote from: "Bricktop"But you do know that you must watch, read or listen to ANY journalism, print or video, with a scrutinising mind, right?

Oh believe me I do. Especially these days. Its getting harder and harder to determine what is real and what isnt. What is disinformation, and what is true. But when you look into it harder, at various angles, with proof, from multiple sources, then you're allowed to believe what you feel is right and wrong. Some things may never be answered, some may never come to a final conclusion, but at least you've done your research at that point, and taken in what information you can on the matter. You become "aware" at least. Some folks listen to the lie too often, and the lie becomes real to them, with no way of changing their mind.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Anonymous

Quote from: "realgrimm"EVERYTHING I POST IS FACT ......ALWAYS!!!!!

Of course realgrimm.

:laugh:

Blazor

Quote from: "Fashionista"

Of course realgrimm.

He does, I saw lots of cuteness at that Hamster place  :laugh:

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blazor"

Of course realgrimm.

Hamster place?

Blazor

Quote from: "Blazor"

Of course realgrimm.

Hamster place?

You know the one!  :roll:

realgrimm

">

https://78.media.tumblr.com/c1c5d001cb5094251f1200c3e2eae44d/tumblr_p7jkjrHW7J1ris16so1_1280.jpg">

Anonymous

I watched an interview with French president Macron this morning. He wants Trump to maintain an American military presence in Syria and Trump does not want to do that.