Replies: 10395
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:27:42 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

Why restrooms are for "paying customers only."

Started by Angry White Male, May 21, 2018, 03:07:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cc

Quote from: "Fashionista"I used to be a waitress in a Chinese restaurant..

The owners strictly enforced the washrooms for customers only policy.

As has every service place since the beginning of time
Quote from: " digging it's own grave"

"The "Third Place Policy" maintains that employees should consider anyone who enters Starbucks space, including restrooms, cafes and patios, a customer "regardless of whether they make a purchase," the company said in a statement.

"We are committed to creating a culture of warmth and belonging where everyone is welcome," Starbucks said."

We all know that most stores and all in inner cities they will have to undo this rule to remain economically viable - THEN the real trouble starts - and it's the owner's own fault - couldn't happen to a nicer PC ProgTwat  :sneaky2:
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"
Quote from: "Fashionista"I used to be a waitress in a Chinese restaurant..

The owners strictly enforced the washrooms for customers only policy.

As has every service place since the beginning of time

Starbucks is now digging it's own grave

"We open our tables and washrooms to everyone, and will treat everyone as a customer"  

"We want to be inclusive to everyone"

We all know that most stores and all in inner cities they will have to undo this rule to remain economically viable - THEN the real trouble starts - and it's the owner's own fault - couldn't happen to a nicer PC ProgTwat  :sneaky2:

I think that Starbucks will have to have exceptions to this new policy.

Anonymous

I went out for breakfast to Smitty's this morning. If I couldn't get a table because there were non customers loitering, I would be pissed off. I would imagine the franchisee and wait staff who  count on tips would not be too impressed either.

Wazzzup

Quote from: "seoulbro"I went out for breakfast to Smitty's this morning. If I couldn't get a table because there were non customers loitering, I would be pissed off. I would imagine the franchisee and wait staff who  count on tips would not be too impressed either.

I have had this problem at Panera.  my wife and I went there and ordered something and couldn't find a table to sit at.  This is the kind of thing that can make a business lose customers.

Angry White Male

Now that all scums of society can use Starbucks are their personal lounge and toilet bowl, imagine what the shitters will soon look like!  Piss everywhere and shit smeared everywhere!  You'll need a haz-mat suit just to take a piss!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Wazzzup"
Quote from: "seoulbro"I went out for breakfast to Smitty's this morning. If I couldn't get a table because there were non customers loitering, I would be pissed off. I would imagine the franchisee and wait staff who  count on tips would not be too impressed either.

I have had this problem at Panera.  my wife and I went there and ordered something and couldn't find a table to sit at.  This is the kind of thing that can make a business lose customers.

People staying after they've finished their meal?

Wazzzup

Quote from: "Fashionista"

Often times yes.  Some buy a cup of coffee and sit there for hours (usually using a laptop).  I don't mind people doing that if some tables are available for paying customers.

Rancidmilko

Quote from: "Angry White Male"You flush a toilet, it's the same water filling it that you get in your kitchen tap...

What about all the muck that gets in those hard to reach places?
There\'s always a bigger fish.

Angry White Male

I doubt much of it transfers to the water.  Not that I'd drink toilet water unless there were no other sources and I was about to die from the dehydration, but know that Junkies have been known to use dirty puddle water to cook up and inject, so a fresh toilet bowl of water is like a dream to them!

Wazzzup

The water that comes into the toilet is no different than tap water.  But any water in the toilet will pick up the bacteria already sitting in the toilet bowl.  So they would be using nasty water.  

Still though, as gross as that is, they are probably much more likely to get disease by using shared needles.  Most diseases are caught from other people.

BTW I hope starbucks ends up bankrupt from their PC cowardly decision.

Angry White Male

And if they do, it would be of no loss to me!  To be honest, I grab a coffee at McDonald's on the way to work in the morning...  It is a superior brew when compared to Starbucks and Tim Hortons.

I even buy McCafe brand ground coffee at the grocery store.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"

Often times yes.  Some buy a cup of coffee and sit there for hours (usually using a laptop).  I don't mind people doing that if some tables are available for paying customers.

I agree Wazzzup.

Angry White Male

The old people do that here at the IHOP on the weekends...  Fucking grey-haired's sit there all day and sip coffee.

Wazzzup

Quote from: "Angry White Male"And if they do, it would be of no loss to me!  To be honest, I grab a coffee at McDonald's on the way to work in the morning...  It is a superior brew when compared to Starbucks and Tim Hortons.

I even buy McCafe brand ground coffee at the grocery store.

I don't drink that much coffee these days, but back when I did, I liked a small chain called Caribou coffee much better.  Starbucks always tasted burnt to me. :yuk:

Angry White Male

It's burnt here also.  Not exactly a 'premium tasting' brew.  Some people seem to like it though, but there are better options for the same price or less!