The best topic

Replies: 10394
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 11:15:05 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Erica Mena

Why restrooms are for "paying customers only."

Started by Angry White Male, May 21, 2018, 03:07:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Angry White Male

It's burnt here also.  Not exactly a 'premium tasting' brew.  Some people seem to like it though, but there are better options for the same price or less!

Wazzzup

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Wazzzup"
Quote from: "seoulbro"I went out for breakfast to Smitty's this morning. If I couldn't get a table because there were non customers loitering, I would be pissed off. I would imagine the franchisee and wait staff who  count on tips would not be too impressed either.

I have had this problem at Panera.  my wife and I went there and ordered something and couldn't find a table to sit at.  This is the kind of thing that can make a business lose customers.

People staying after they've finished their meal?

Often times yes.  Some buy a cup of coffee and sit there for hours (usually using a laptop).  I don't mind people doing that if some tables are available for paying customers.

I agree Wazzzup.

Its a common sense issue.  And it is why all stores should not be treated the same.  A place that does little business and has a low rent can have people taking up tables and not suffer for it.  But where this whole thing started--a place with high rent in the middle of downtown Philadelphia, with a small area for people to sit in, they may need to turn those tables over quickly or they will lose money.  Under the new policy places like that may not be able to turn a profit now and Starbucks corporation may suffer for it.  

If you have starbucks stock, I'd recommend selling it off ASAP.

Odinson

If I owned a shop, I wouldnt want idiots just using the toilet for free..

Water, toilet paper, soap, the cleaning lady... All cost money.

Its common decency to buy something if you are gonna use the wi-fi or the toilet..

Only gypsies and negroes have to be told to act like a normal human.

If you give these bastards your little finger, they are gonna take the whole hand.

Anonymous

Quote from: "seoulbro"I went out for breakfast to Smitty's this morning. If I couldn't get a table because there were non customers loitering, I would be pissed off. I would imagine the franchisee and wait staff who  count on tips would not be too impressed either.

I have had this problem at Panera.  my wife and I went there and ordered something and couldn't find a table to sit at.  This is the kind of thing that can make a business lose customers.

People staying after they've finished their meal?

Often times yes.  Some buy a cup of coffee and sit there for hours (usually using a laptop).  I don't mind people doing that if some tables are available for paying customers.

I agree Wazzzup.

Its a common sense issue.  And it is why all stores should not be treated the same.  A place that does little business and has a low rent can have people taking up tables and not suffer for it.  But where this whole thing started--a place with high rent in the middle of downtown Philadelphia, with a small area for people to sit in, they may need to turn those tables over quickly or they will lose money.  Under the new policy places like that may not be able to turn a profit now and Starbucks corporation may suffer for it.  

If you have starbucks stock, I'd recommend selling it off ASAP.

I should see if we have any in our mutual funds.

Rose

http://www.americanafmindy.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/img_5138.jpg">

Anonymous

Quote from: "Rose"http://www.americanafmindy.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/img_5138.jpg">

That could be Tim Horton's new mascot Rose.

Wazzzup

Quote from: "Rose"http://www.americanafmindy.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/img_5138.jpg">

:laugh3:

Anonymous

Turning into a comic, ya smartass.

Renee

Quote from: "Angry White Male"And if they do, it would be of no loss to me!  To be honest, I grab a coffee at McDonald's on the way to work in the morning...  It is a superior brew when compared to Starbucks and Tim Hortons.

I even buy McCafe brand ground coffee at the grocery store.

I don't drink that much coffee these days, but back when I did, I liked a small chain called Caribou coffee much better.  Starbucks always tasted burnt to me. :yuk:

That's because it is burnt. We had this discussion a while back around here...I did some research and found that despite what Starbucks claims, they do not use 100% arabica beans in their coffee. For cost cutting sake, they mix the arabica beans with small amounts of robusto beans which have a completely different flavor profle. In order to get all the beans to taste similar they basically over roast or burn the beans to get an even flavor profile.

Hence Starbuck's coffee tastes burnt. As does every other coffee that is put through a similar process. Starbucks coffee is not smooth the way coffee should be. It has a rough ashy taste to it, that I find objectionable. Some people like it and think that's what coffee should taste like....But then again, some people drink their own urine.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"
Quote from: "Angry White Male"And if they do, it would be of no loss to me!  To be honest, I grab a coffee at McDonald's on the way to work in the morning...  It is a superior brew when compared to Starbucks and Tim Hortons.

I don't drink that much coffee these days, but back when I did, I liked a small chain called Caribou coffee much better.  Starbucks always tasted burnt to me. :yuk:

That's because it is burnt. We had this discussion a while back around here...I did some research and found that despite what Starbucks claims, they do not use 100% arabica beans in their coffee. For cost cutting sake, they mix the arabica beans with small amounts of robusto beans which have a completely different flavor profle. In order to get all the beans to taste similar they basically over roast or burn the beans to get an even flavor profile.

Hence Starbuck's coffee tastes burnt. As does every other coffee that is put through a similar process. Starbucks coffee is not smooth the way coffee should be. It has a rough ashy taste to it, that I find objectionable. Some people like it and think that's what coffee should taste like....But then again, some people drink their own urine.

I remember this discussion Renee..

Which chain has the best coffee in your opinion?

Renee

I remember this discussion Renee..

Which chain has the best coffee in your opinion?

I like Duncan Donuts/Tim Hortons or believe it or not McDonald's. I think any one of the three has better coffee than Starbucks.

But then again I dont drink a lot of coffee from chain stores. There is a local coffee house that is on my way to work, that grinds their own beans,  and serves a really decent cup of coffee. If I have a choice I go there. I don't know where they get their beans and I dont really care as long as the taste agrees with me and the amount of dead bug parts and rat shit in it is low.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Anonymous

I like Duncan Donuts/Tim Hortons or believe it or not McDonald's. I think any one of the three has better coffee than Starbucks.

But then again I dont drink a lot of coffee from chain stores. There is a local coffee house that is on my way to work, that grinds their own beans,  and serves a really decent cup of coffee. If I have a choice I go there. I don't know where they get their beans and I dont really care as long as the taste agrees with me and the amount of dead bug parts and rat shit in it is low.

Tim Horton's has franchises in your area?

Renee

Yes, they started showing up a little over a year ago. I'm not sure how well they are doing though. They are in direct competition with DD, and DD is really well established and they have heavily blanketed the entire east coast.

Anonymous

Yes, they started showing up a little over a year ago. I'm not sure how well they are doing though. They are in direct competition with DD, and DD is really well established and they have heavily blanketed the entire east coast.

DD doesn't have nearly as many items on it's menu as Timmies.

cc

We got "Diversified" yesterday - place was closed

Our usual late afternoon espresso and walk / sit in the park was espressol-ess today

The suckers were learning about how to be diverse and turn their shop into a zoo full of not customers

I hope there is enough room in the place to get in and get coffees today
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell