The best topic

Replies: 10393
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:41:25 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

NEW NFL POLICY: Players Must ‘Stand and Show Respect for the Flag ’ or be FINED [Or Stay in the Locker Room]

Started by Wazzzup, May 23, 2018, 11:47:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Wazzzup

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Wazzzup"I call this post who has more free speech rights?  NFL players or Rosanne Barr?

I hardly call that a racist tirade anyway.

It was inevitable.

Roseanne Barr's real sin was coming out for Trump,  Tommy Robinson came out against muslim rapists.  They were on the leftist elimination list.  Now they are crossed off, who's next?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Wazzzup"
Quote from: "Wazzzup"I call this post who has more free speech rights?  NFL players or Rosanne Barr?

It was inevitable.

Roseanne Barr's real sin was coming out for Trump,  Tommy Robinson came out against muslim rapists.  They were on the leftist elimination list.  Now they are crossed off, who's next?

Roseanne's show was very popular too.

Wazzzup

It was inevitable.

Indeed It was the highest rated sitcom on TV last year.  With the highest rated debut of all time.    They could easily have given her another chance.  But they chose their politics over money.

Another win for the fascist left.  Another loss for free speech. Oh well. :sad:

Anonymous

It was inevitable.

Indeed It was the highest rated sitcom on TV last year.  With the highest rated debut of all time.    They could easily have given her another chance.  But they chose their politics over money.

It sickens me the way big money and big media stifle free speech.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li"

It was inevitable.

It sickens me the way big money and big media stifle free speech.

Wazzzup thinks the real reason her show was cancelled is because she is a supporter of the American president..

I'm not sure that is the reason her show was cancelled.

Odinson

They are losing a lot of money just because some1 insulted black people..

Thats just stupid..

Anonymous

Quote from: "Odinson"They are losing a lot of money just because some1 insulted black people..

Thats just stupid..

If you mean Roseanne Barr, I don't see where she insulted African Americans.

Wazzzup

Wazzzup thinks the real reason her show was cancelled is because she is a supporter of the American president..

I'm not sure that is the reason her show was cancelled.

Its only speculation on my part, but that's what I think.  Herman Cain said the same thing today https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/roseanne-abc-disney-hermain-cain">https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/ro ... rmain-cain">https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/roseanne-abc-disney-hermain-cain

what do you think the reason was Fash?

Quote from: "Odinson"They are losing a lot of money just because some1 insulted black people..

Thats just stupid..

True they are losing a whole lot of money.  A smart business person would give her a second chance.  Tell her to stay off twitter, This is speeding ticket level racism.  

But in our society these days that's worthy of the metaphorical death penalty.  All this incredible hypersensitivity to racism and contempt for free speech keeps getting worse all the time.  People are going to regret it big time one day.  I have no doubt about it.

Anonymous

Thats just stupid..

True they are losing a whole lot of money.  A smart business person would give her a second chance.  Tell her to stay off twitter, This is speeding ticket level racism.  

But in our society these days that's worthy of the metaphorical death penalty.  All this incredible hypersensitivity to racism and contempt for free speech keeps getting worse all the time.  People are going to regret it big time one day.  I guarantee it.

She insulted one person, not African Americans in general.

Anonymous

Thats just stupid..

But in our society these days that's worthy of the metaphorical death penalty.  All this incredible hypersensitivity to racism and contempt for free speech keeps getting worse all the time.  People are going to regret it big time one day.  I guarantee it.

I'm inclined to disagree on this point.  The formula she used was offensive to African Americans.  But I agree with an earlier comment that this specific tweet was "speeding ticket level."  I think she got canned because people are tired of her nasty mouth and this was just one too many straws for the camel to carry.

Anyway, since we have two live issues in this thread (and it's a slow evening) I'll just drop this meme here and wish you all a good evening.

https://scontent-ort2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/33992865_2106675476092162_2914567152117743616_n.png?_nc_cat=0&oh=6f359bb297ac4055b0afb24a84f52ecf&oe=5B7667EF">

Anonymous

Quote from: "Peaches"

I'm inclined to disagree on this point.  The formula she used was offensive to African Americans.  But I agree with an earlier comment that this specific tweet was "speeding ticket level."  I think she got canned because people are tired of her nasty mouth and this was just one too many straws for the camel to carry.

Anyway, since we have two live issues in this thread (and it's a slow evening) I'll just drop this meme here and wish you all a good evening.

https://scontent-ort2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/33992865_2106675476092162_2914567152117743616_n.png?_nc_cat=0&oh=6f359bb297ac4055b0afb24a84f52ecf&oe=5B7667EF">

It was a cheapshot, but a racist formula, I don't see it.

And the meme is disingenuous

Nobody is saying athletes cannot exercise their right to free speech.

Wazzzup

Thats just stupid..

That;s true.  But the left always uses every tragedy and large cultural moment like this to get maximum political benefit.  naturally as soon this happened they claimed it was attack on all blacks and trump was responsible for it.

This was Valerie Jarret's take

QuoteAfter Roseanne Barr's racist tirade aimed at Valerie Jarrett, the former White House staffer applauded ABC on Tuesday for nixing her series and called the tweets a "teaching moment."

Jarrett, who served as a senior adviser to former President Barack Obama, addressed the since-deleted social media posts that prompted the network to ax the star's contentious "Roseanne" revival.

"I'm fine," Jarrett began, during a pre-taped town hall meeting on MSNBC.

"I'm worried about all the people out there who don't have a circle of friends and followers who come right to their defense," she said. "The person who's walking down the street, minding their own business, and they see somebody cling to their purse or walk across the street." (how the hell does that relate to any of this???)

She revealed Disney CEO Bob Iger, who owns ABC, called her ahead of the announcement to cancel Barr's program and apologize. He told Jarrett he had "zero tolerance for that sort of racist, bigoted comment."

Valerie Jarrett, addressed Roseanne Barr's Monday night tweets during a town hall meet on "Everyday Racism in America."

The cable network's town hall was to address "Everyday Racism in America" with hosts Joy Reid and Chris Hayes.

Jarrett did not mention Barr by name during the broadcast, which was recorded at 4 p.m.

She placed the brunt of the blame on the White House for allowing racism to flourish.

"The tone does start up at the top, and we like to look up to our President and feel as though he reflects the values of our country," [u/]Jarrett said, sitting alongside Rev. Al Sharpton.[/u]

Bear in mind Al Sharpton is one of the biggest black racists in America.  His rhetoric has lead to riots as well as several deaths.  He still has a job with MSNBC

Joy Reid mocked Mike pence's Christianity and had several homophobic messages written by her discovered on one of her blogs.  She still has a job with MSNBC as well.

As always double standards galore.

Wazzzup

Quote from: "Peaches"

It was a cheapshot, but a racist formula, I don't see it.

And the meme is disingenuous

Nobody is saying athletes cannot exercise their right to free speech.

Absolutely right Fash

Roseanne Barr was fired. None of the football kneelers were fired.

Roseanne Barr was also doing this on her own time. the football kneelers do their stuff when they are on the field.  Nobody has ever said they couldn't tweet their black lives matter garbage on their own time.

Also it is uncertain that barr's behavior would have cost ABC any money, It is a known fact that the NFL kneelers cost the NFL a lot of money.

The NFL kneelers did their thing for a year.  Roseanne Barr was fired in one day.

Also lets not forget its not just Roseanne barr, she is just the most recent scalp.   Its also the absolutely Stalinist treatment the left gave Tommy Robinson just days ago putting him in a gulag for over a year for his speech transgression.  Certainly no football players anywhere are being locked away in prison for kneeling.  

bottom line the left are the serious threat to free speech, the right is not.

Bricktop

Gosh. Does that mean Peaches is disingenuous?

And memes aren't an accurate reflection of truth???

Well, that's shattered my world.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"Gosh. Does that mean Peaches is disingenuous?

And memes aren't an accurate reflection of truth???

Well, that's shattered my world.

I know eh. Who would've thunk it.