The best topic

Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 21, 2024, 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

Meanwhile, in Merrie Olde England...

Started by Chuck Bronson, July 10, 2018, 09:51:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Bricktop

Quote from: "Chuck Bronson"Cops in OZ seem to have a bit more power than Canadian cops would, related to things like searches, etc.

The most effective power is consent...or acquiescence.

Frood

Quote from: "Chuck Bronson"Cops in OZ seem to have a bit more power than Canadian cops would, related to things like searches, etc.

They used to bully people a lot more until AV equipment flooded the market and everyone and their dog started getting cheap onboard cams or recorded their interactions with smartphones.

They must play by the book now.

Quote from: "Bricktop""Husband" rig that up for you?

You have a LOT to learn, bucko. You don't, I presume, spend your life in your ute.

Or do you...that oddly wouldn't surprise me.

Shush, moron. There is nothing further to discuss on this topic. You dinosaur cops are virtually gone from the force now. Citizens have the power.
Blahhhhhh...

Chuck Bronson

Quote from: "Bricktop"The most effective power is consent...or acquiescence.

That's why the best answer is always "No!"   :laugh:

Can we step inside?  NO!

Can we look in the trunk?  NO!

Where were you last night?  I WANT MY LAWYER!

Frood

Quote from: "Chuck Bronson"
Quote from: "Bricktop"The most effective power is consent...or acquiescence.

That's why the best answer is always "No!"   :laugh:

Can we step inside?  NO!

Can we look in the trunk?  NO!

Where were you last night?  I WANT MY LAWYER!

I generally just pivot the dash cam towards the side window if i get stopped and ask what the issue is politely. Once they think they're being recorded, they stick to the script.
Blahhhhhh...

Chuck Bronson

I'm generally a law abiding citizen here, but it seems in OZ I'd have to stash the Buck knife in the car somewhere on the way to campground, to avoid being incarcerated there!  That, and to not consent to a search if asked!

We don't have over-protective laws like that here, so you can roll with your camping blade or Leatherman multi-tool...

Frood

Quote from: "Chuck Bronson"I'm generally a law abiding citizen here, but it seems in OZ I'd have to stash the Buck knife in the car somewhere on the way to campground, to avoid being incarcerated there!  That, and to not consent to a search!

We don't have over-protective laws like that here...

If you're going camping then it's legal to have that knife with you. Most cops wouldn't bat an eyelash at that as they know it would get thrown out in court. Though to be extra careful it's advisable to place the knife somewhere inaccessible when driving so no bogus bricktop type charges happen.  ac_biggrin
Blahhhhhh...

Chuck Bronson

Frood

Quote from: "Chuck Bronson"What a dirty cop...

Dirty ex cop.  :laugh3:
Blahhhhhh...

Bricktop

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"
Quote from: "Chuck Bronson"I'm generally a law abiding citizen here, but it seems in OZ I'd have to stash the Buck knife in the car somewhere on the way to campground, to avoid being incarcerated there!  That, and to not consent to a search!

If you're going camping then it's legal to have that knife with you.

Really, Walpole?

Do you know how many times the "I'm going camping" excuse has been pulled out? And how many times a court has thrown out this silly justification.

Why, exactly, do you need a knife to camp? What will you do with it? Hunt a kangaroo for food? Perform brain surgery on your daughter? Carve a branch into a facsimile of the Sydney Opera House?

No, sunshine. That hackneyed and well worn excuse does not render the carrying of a knife lawful. Never has. Never will.

Frood

Quote from: "Bricktop"
Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"

If you're going camping then it's legal to have that knife with you.

Really, Walpole?

Do you know how many times the "I'm going camping" excuse has been pulled out? And how many times a court has thrown out this silly justification.

Why, exactly, do you need a knife to camp? What will you do with it? Hunt a kangaroo for food? Perform brain surgery on your daughter? Carve a branch into a facsimile of the Sydney Opera House?

No, sunshine. That hackneyed and well worn excuse does not render the carrying of a knife lawful. Never has. Never will.

ac_lmfao

I suppose meat and vegetables just magically slice themselves up and butter spreads itself on bread for you.

And wood chops and saws itself!  ac_toofunny

Fckwit!
Blahhhhhh...

Bricktop

You use a kitchen knife to slice vegetables.

You use a butter knife to spread butter.

I know of no knife that "chops" or "saws" wood to the extent needed for a campfire...which is, of course, forbidden in summer. As is the taking of ANY wood in a national park.

Do a lot of camping, do you, Daniel Boone?

Chuck Bronson

How come OZ is so restrictive?  Was there a problem historically with knives?

Bricktop

Not really.

But we do have a lot of fuckheads like Freud in our midst. They need to be closely controlled.

Chuck Bronson

Often change happens in response to something.  Our gun laws toughened after Polytechnique, as did yours (much more so) after Port Arthur.

However, knives have remained quite 'free' here, as there just simply isn't enough of a problem to justify restricting them, generally speaking.  That's why I wondered...

Frood

Quote from: "Bricktop"You use a kitchen knife to slice vegetables.

You use a butter knife to spread butter.

I know of no knife that "chops" or "saws" wood to the extent needed for a campfire...which is, of course, forbidden in summer. As is the taking of ANY wood in a national park.

Do a lot of camping, do you, Daniel Boone?

A knife is a knife when roughing it. Wood can be collected here although not freestanding and depends on which park or reserve you're on.

Total fire bans during summer are regional. Wood burning alternatives are still permitted as long as not open fire. Rest of the year open fires are fine.

Axes, hatchets, machetes, and saws in vehicles can also be classed as weapons like knives unless the purpose and intent are legit.

You're welcome, dumb dumb. I'm so glad they fired your arse.  :laugh:

Quote from: "Chuck Bronson"How come OZ is so restrictive?  Was there a problem historically with knives?

Don't listen to that stupid troll Bricktop. We're very similar to the rest of the western nations. He's just a bullshitter.
Blahhhhhh...