The best topic

Replies: 10492
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 06:18:09 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Australian Birds

Started by caskur, July 14, 2018, 11:07:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 7 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Chuck Bronson"
Quote from: "Fashionista"I've never seen one.

That's weird.  There should be plenty of Hummers in Calgary.  Put up a Hummingbird feeder (in the Spring), and I bet you will see them.

For instance, I now have a Hummingbird that sits on a nearby tree all throughout the day, guarding my feeder!  I think he's claimed it for himself!   :laugh:

They do this every winter.  Even though there is plenty of sugared water to go around, they sure like to chase each other away from it!

I've seen chickadees in my bird house and feeder.

Chuck Bronson

To attract Hummers, you need a Hummingbird feeder.  They don't eat birdseed.  They need the sugar water!

Put one up, and you'll surely get a visit eventually from a Hummer.  They have no fear, so don't be surprised if they pay you a visit 'up close and personal' from time to time.  I've had one hover six inches from my face, staring me down!   :laugh:

Vancouver

We have red-winged blackbird

https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4848/44924262365_ecbdd341fc_c.jpg">
Time is malleable

Anonymous

Quote from: "Chuck Bronson"To attract Hummers, you need a Hummingbird feeder.  They don't eat birdseed.  They need the sugar water!

Put one up, and you'll surely get a visit eventually from a Hummer.  They have no fear, so don't be surprised if they pay you a visit 'up close and personal' from time to time.  I've had one hover six inches from my face, staring me down!   :laugh:

I like the way they hover..

We put out peanuts for squirrels too.

Bricktop

Bricktop

Quote from: "TheVancouverGuy"We have red-winged blackbird

We have a rather pretty blackbird here, too.

It's introduced, from the UK.

It's so timid the slightest noise frightens it away. Every morning it perches on top of a pole in our back yard for a minute or so. I cannot get anywhere near it for a photo.

Anonymous

I saw this little guy at the mall yesterday.
[attachment=1]20181112_143046 (1).jpg[/attachment][attachment=1]20181112_143046 (1).jpg[/attachment]

Chuck Bronson

Is that at the West Edmonton mall?  I had a buddy that recently went on a road trip, and stopped at that mall...  He sent me a pic of what looks like the exact same bird.

Anonymous

Fash, what are maximum dimensions for posting images?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li"Fash, what are maximum dimensions for posting images?

900 px, 6000 bytes

Bricktop

If it's a penguin, that's ANOTHER bird you guys have stolen!!!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"If it's a penguin, that's ANOTHER bird you guys have stolen!!!

Oh, you.

:sneaky2:

Bricktop

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop":tease:

Isn't that mature.

Bricktop