News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10398
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:28:20 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Mass Shooting Jacksonville Fl - Early reports 4 Dead, 11 Wounded - SWAT on scene

Started by cc, August 26, 2018, 03:24:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wazzzup

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Wazzzup"Well here's an interesting twist--

The media probably would have implied he was a racist if he was a Trump supporter.
yeah they love the race card, they twist just about everything into racism (yet of course hating whites, and depriving Asians of college spots they have earned is not racism) its their favorite weapon of all time nothing comes close.

Aryan

Quote from: "Wazzzup"
Also statistics show that black kids from well off families are MORE likely to commit crimes than children from poor white families.

That doesn't surprise me, it's almost as though committing crime is in black DNA.

Wazzzup

Quote from: "Wazzzup"Still haven't seen a good explanation from the---- anti-gun nuts.

I only use that phrase to poke fun at your use of the "gun nuts" phrase which is leftard talk (shame on you Brick :0c0KHxD: :001_tongue: )  .  I realize that you and Zetsu are not "nuts".  

Quote from: "Bricktop"You mean the one that goes "fewer guns = fewer deaths by gunfire"?

This argument doesn't work, as I have pointed out, Iceland's and Switzerland have roughly the same access to forearms yet their murder rate is lower than Australia's.

Quote from: "Bricktop"Or the one that highlights that guns make killing people easier?

true, but we have no evidence that people killed by guns would not be killed by other means.  London is a prime example, guns are banned, but the murder rate is comparable to New York City where people are allowed to own guns.  They kill people with knives instead.  Dead is dead.

Quote from: "Bricktop"How about "There is NO socially acceptable or redeeming argument that says a functioning, law abiding society requires its members to possess firearms"?

Not true IMO.  People use their weapons to kill intruders and protect their homes all the time.  People protect their stores against robbers.  Women who are threatened by stalking exes can carry and feel more secure.  Anyone who works in dangerous places.  it is also the only source of recourse should the government become tyrannical.  And at times people really have stopped some mass shootings, or at least prevented the shooter form getting away by being armed.  Question: what stops a bad guy with a gun?  Answer: A good guy with a gun.

Quote from: "Bricktop"Here's one; children are being gunned down in schools by lunatics that had easy access to military styled firearms. That seems to be a good argument.

better argument.  Install metal detectors and limit entrance and exits.  This will prevent many more shootings than any ban would.

Quote from: "Bricktop"Its a sign of a sick and declining society.
We are a declining society, because the left is destroying our freedoms, and flooding our country with 3rd worlders (they will probably destroy yours as well, it just may take longer).   This has nothing to with guns which have been legal here for well over 200 years.

Bricktop

OK...let us set aside the differences in logic and flaws in the argument.

How about you offer solutions to America's gun carnage??

Anonymous

true, but we have no evidence that people killed by guns would not be killed by other means.  London is a prime example, guns are banned, but the murder rate is comparable to New York City where people are allowed to own guns.  They kill people with knives instead.  Dead is dead.

I can remember when the homicide rate in NYC was several times higher than London.

Bricktop

So, by Wazzzers logic, you may as well give the London thugs guns?

Yep. That will make things better.

Frood

Yeah folks, trust the State like Bricktop does.

https://www.gunpowdermagazine.com/south-africa-calls-for-300-000-gun-owners-to-turn-over-their-weapons/">https://www.gunpowdermagazine.com/south ... r-weapons/">https://www.gunpowdermagazine.com/south-africa-calls-for-300-000-gun-owners-to-turn-over-their-weapons/
Blahhhhhh...

Bricktop

That's South Africa.

Hardly a valid comparison, munchkin.

When was the last time the Government came to your house to evict you, dumbnuts?

And by the way...if you've got firearms in the event they do, what do you expect to happen? "Oh, shit. Freud's got a gun. Better leave him be."

It would take 5 minutes for a small squad of soldiers or police to take you down, whatever you have to shoot with.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"So, by Wazzzers logic, you may as well give the London thugs guns?

I think Wazzzup's point is that restrictive gun ownership laws have not made London safer than a comparable sized city with access to firearms.

Wazzzup

Quote from: "Bricktop"So, by Wazzzers logic, you may as well give the London thugs guns?

I think Wazzzup's point is that restrictive gun ownership laws have not made London safer than a comparable sized city with access to firearms.
thank you Fash.

That was exactly my point. and I could not have stated it better myself.

---

As to South Africa's government being different, it is.  But a lot of people in the west believe because they have always lived in countries with stable democracies that they will always be that way.  that is an illusion IMO. This is especially true as the left is taking over more  and more institutions, politicizing everything, taking away free speech rights, playing favorites with race, and flooding countries with immigrants in order to get more power.  These are serious warning signs that totalitarian tyranny is coming.

granted if a tank is coming to your house a gun won't do much.  But an armed resistance network could be a very big headache for a tyrannical government.

Also as Blazor pointed out a while ago.  if law and order breaks down because the government cannot, will not, or is unable to enforce the law you may well need a firearm to protect yourself your family and your property.   This happened during the LA riots.

These are the two main reason why I will never give up my gun.

----

As to solutions, one I already posed-- putting metal detectors and limiting entrances and exits to schools.  

Another idea is put serious repeat offenders away for good.  For example someone commits an armed robbery, gets out of jail and does it again.  Lock them up for good.

I guarantee just doing those two things alone would work far better than a ban on guns, because most people will never give up the firearms they own, especially the criminals.

Blazor

Also as Blazor pointed out a while ago.  if law and order breaks down because the government cannot, will not, or is unable to enforce the law you may well need a firearm to protect yourself your family and your property.   This happened during the LA riots.

These are the two main reason why I will never give up my gun.

----

As to solutions, one I already posed-- putting metal detectors and limiting entrances and exits to schools.  

Another idea is put serious repeat offenders away for good.  For example someone commits an armed robbery, gets out of jail and does it again.  Lock them up for good.

I guarantee just doing those two things alone would work far better than a ban on guns, because most people will never give up the firearms they own, especially the criminals.

:thumbup:

Its gotten crazy. And you better believe that if Trump wins again, the Left will lose their fucking minds! I've never seen this level of cracking down on guns either. Obama thought he would limit our supply when he bought 1.5 BILLION rounds and shelves were empty, but now supply is coming back. No more high capacity clips, makes it easier for knuckleheads to count to 10 and charge in. Wish I would've bought the same rifle as my son and the clips too (25 round). Btw, that same rifle, is almost 2x the price as it was just 5 years ago. Cant tell if its gun prices going up, or the taxes on them. Then there is the restricting anyone under 21 to buy ammo, yet soldiers that are 18 will have them.

Another example you pointed out, police "standing by" or refusing to do what they are suppose to do. I seen the other day where a whole town's force up and quit, and that aint the first time I've heard about something like that.

When the shit hits the fan, we are on our own.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Bricktop

And you've just inadvertently exposed the flaw in the logic of gun nuts.

You are claiming as fact something that is mere hypothesis. You cannot predict situation A with an outcome in situation B without empirical evidence that establishes that IF London (the UK, in reality) did NOT have a predetermined variable, the outcome would be different.

That is like saying if the government did not charge so much for domestic gas, I'd be a better cook.

I would postulate that if the UK had less restrictions, more would be dead. In effect, it is safer due to the absence of firearms.

As always, gun nuts use homicide rates as a measure of firearm restriction efficacy. The two issues are NOT identical, and gun accessibility is only ONE variable in the rate of homicide.  Wazzzers constant point that cultural issues are important in HOMICIDES is quite right. Where he veers from logic is by arguing that MORE guns available in a dangerous and violent culture will solve the problem. That is illogical.

Live long and prosper!!!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"

And you've just inadvertently exposed the flaw in the logic of gun nuts.

You are claiming as fact something that is mere hypothesis. You cannot predict situation A with an outcome in situation B without empirical evidence that establishes that IF London (the UK, in reality) did NOT have a predetermined variable, the outcome would be different.

That is like saying if the government did not charge so much for domestic gas, I'd be a better cook.

I would postulate that if the UK had less restrictions, more would be dead. In effect, it is safer due to the absence of firearms.

As always, gun nuts use homicide rates as a measure of firearm restriction efficacy. The two issues are NOT identical, and gun accessibility is only ONE variable in the rate of homicide.  Wazzzers constant point that cultural issues are important in HOMICIDES is quite right. Where he veers from logic is by arguing that MORE guns available in a dangerous and violent culture will solve the problem. That is illogical.

Live long and prosper!!!

I'm not claiming anything as a fact.

Bricktop

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"Others are...

Give me a break. I'm on my own here!!

I can appreciate that.