Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:28:20 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Fash, Taiwan wants me to visit...

Started by Chuck Bronson, September 03, 2018, 04:05:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"
Quote from: "Fashionista"Britain sold them out..

Britain abided by the rule of law in keeping to the terms of an agreement to govern Hong Kong until 1997.

Britain attempted to negotiate a new agreement to maintain their role, but China, understandably, would have none of it.

Would Britain entertain the idea of a Chinese colony on the Isle of Wight?

Britain knew the legislature would not remain democratic..

They knew that China would impose a handpicked Chief Executive..

They knew China can't be trusted..

Britain didn't fight hard enough for the people of Hong Kong..

And if there were happy, prosperous people that wanted to maintain Chinese rule of law on the Isle of Wight, I think Britain would not only entertain the idea, they would insist upon it..

But, we can see from East Turkestan and Tibet, that China is anything, but a benevolent colonial power.

Bricktop

What would Britain have done that they didn't do?

Would you prefer to have them turn Hong Kong into a battlefield? The law of contract which they were bound by was clear; the colonial agreement expired in 1997. Their only option was to try to negotiate, which they did. And you would know better than I that you cannot negotiate with China.

Their hands were tied. The fact that Hong Kong has some semblance of self rule is because the UK was able to get China to at least agree to that.

And there is NO way any country would agree to a colony of a hostile power within swimming distance of its shores. No matter how happy the people in the colony were.

Skippy

https://pics.me.me/wait-really-w00000-time-to-s0-outside-un-china-taiwan-35227282.png">

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Bricktop"
Quote from: "Fashionista"Britain sold them out..

Britain abided by the rule of law in keeping to the terms of an agreement to govern Hong Kong until 1997.

Britain attempted to negotiate a new agreement to maintain their role, but China, understandably, would have none of it.

Would Britain entertain the idea of a Chinese colony on the Isle of Wight?

Britain knew the legislature would not remain democratic..

They knew that China would impose a handpicked Chief Executive..

They knew China can't be trusted..

Britain didn't fight hard enough for the people of Hong Kong..

And if there were happy, prosperous people that wanted to maintain Chinese rule of law on the Isle of Wight, I think Britain would not only entertain the idea, they would insist upon it..

But, we can see from East Turkestan and Tibet, that China is anything, but a benevolent colonial power.

What the UK should have done was held a referendum in Hong Kong. Ask the people what they want from China before the handover. But, China would have had a shit fit at the thought of getting people's assent to changes. And they probably would not have honored the referendum results anyway. Which seems to be a British thing. :laugh3:

Anonymous

Quote from: "Skippy"https://pics.me.me/wait-really-w00000-time-to-s0-outside-un-china-taiwan-35227282.png">

That name, Chinese Taipei, that Taiwan is forced to use in international sports is so insulting.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Skippy"https://pics.me.me/wait-really-w00000-time-to-s0-outside-un-china-taiwan-35227282.png">

That name, Chinese Taipei, that Taiwan is forced to use in international sports is so insulting.

That is petty bullying. And I would guess it does not win many hearts in Taiwan.

Anonymous

One would think so..

But, pan blue supporters say this is happening in Jong Kong because the people are seditious..

Demanding fundamental human rights is sedition to KMT supporters.

:crazy: