The best topic

Replies: 10393
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:41:25 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

Nike Makes NFL kneeler Colin Kaepernick their spokesperson

Started by Wazzzup, September 03, 2018, 07:00:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Wazzzup

Shares of Nike Inc fell 3 percent on Tuesday as calls for a boycott of the sportswear giant gained traction on social media following its choice of Colin Kaepernick as a face for the 30th anniversary of its "Just Do It" slogan.

Former San Francisco quarterback Kaepernick, the first NFL player to kneel during the national anthem as a protest against racism, posted a black-and-white close-up of himself on Instagram on Monday featuring the Nike logo and "Just do it" slogan, along with the quote: "Believe in something. Even if it means sacrificing everything."

Over 30,000 people were tweeting with the hashtag #NikeBoycott on Tuesday morning U.S. eastern time, making it among the top trending topics on Twitter.Retail industry analysts were divided on whether the heat around the campaign would be a commercial positive for Nike or ultimately alienate and lose customers.

"The alt-right calls for a Nike boycott will fail just like the boycott of Dick's Sporting Goods failed," said Matt Powell, a progtard senior advisor with market research firm NPD Group. "Old angry white guys are not a core demographic for Nike."
[/quote]

cc

In keeping with the message, a "fitting" look back in history for our  nazi sympathizers

https://www.blazingcatfur.ca/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/Nike-shoes.jpg">
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "Wazzzup"The ad released Monday features Kaepernick's face with the slogan, "Believe in something. Even if it means sacrificing everything."

https://twitter.com/darrenrovell/status/1036697374452867072?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1036697374452867072&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fsmokeroom.com%2F2018%2F09%2F03%2Fnike-just-do-it-colin-kaepernick%2F">https://twitter.com/darrenrovell/status ... pernick%2F">https://twitter.com/darrenrovell/status/1036697374452867072?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1036697374452867072&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fsmokeroom.com%2F2018%2F09%2F03%2Fnike-just-do-it-colin-kaepernick%2F

Shoes are now political :001_rolleyes:  

Make everything that should be neutral political (funerals, sports, schools etc) one of the big goals of the totalitarian left.[/quote]
He's an inspiration for poor, disadvantaged people everywhere.

:001_rolleyes:

JOE

Quote from: "Wazzzup"A better slogan- Nike the shoe for marxist asshats who politicize things that shouldn't be, and sit on the sidelines instead of playing.

I think it's more like they jes wanna make the masses feel like theyre getting something, made to feel included so they'll continue to buy Nike shoes. throw em a bone.

Don't a lotta Black people, Hispanics & ghetto kids buy Nike products?

In other word its a way for certain downtrodden minorities to blow off steam when the temperature in the room gets too hot so the lid doesnt explode blow off of  it.

The establishment...they know how to control the masses.

I suspect its the same reasoning behind the legalization of pot.  Give the masses their opiate or heroes so that they wont target or go after the establishment, blow up their cars, kidnap their kids, etc

cc

cc

Quote from: "Fashionista"He's an inspiration for poor, disadvantaged people everywhere.

Well said.

This poor lad has received ONLY 1/3 of his $126 million contract and now a nike "pittance" paycheck to help him get by

allowing poor people to relate to him and be inspired by "one of their own". This point was made publicly by none other than the well established champion of the oppressed, Ahmadinejad

To be fair, and especially considering that one of our attention whores doesn't buy the product which will no doubt reduce this poor lad's take ... the OP should read  "inspiration from one of their own"

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"
Quote from: "Fashionista"He's an inspiration for poor, disadvantaged people everywhere.

Well said.

This poor lad has a mere net worth of $22 million and now a nike "pittance" paycheck

allowing poor people to relate to him and be inspired by "one of their own". This point was made publicly by none other than the well established champion of the oppressed, Ahmadinejad

To be fair, and especially considering that Mel doesn't buy the product which will no doubt reduce this poor lad's take ... the OP should read  "inspiration from one of their own"

I see he stuck his nose in this. I had no idea the former Iranian president was such a fan of American sports. :laugh3:

cc

Seems they spy at every level  :wink:

I wonder if they have "locker room cams"

Wazzzup

So why would Iran do this?  

IMO its because they know that people like Kaepernick divide and weaken America so they naturally want to spur that on. (the same reason the Russians tried to add fuel to black lives matter narratives during the election)

Not all of America's enemies live elsewhere, a lot live here.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Wazzzup"So why would Iran do this?  

IMO its because they know that people like Kaepernick divide and weaken America so they naturally want to spur that on. (the same reason the Russians tried to add fuel to black lives matter narratives during the election)

Not all of America's enemies live elsewhere, a lot live here.

Cynic. Perhaps the former Iranian president is just a big NFL fan. :laugh3:

cc

Thanks a lot. You have made me feel bad for judging his motives without considering all possibilities

Anonymous

Quote from: "Wazzzup"

After all, whites are conditioned to behave non-tribally whereas blacks are conditioned to seeing everything through a tribal lens.

Exactly.

Anonymous

I agree with Tony Stewart, Kaepernick is an idiot. He also has no respect for the fans who have no time for his uninformed political stunts.

Bricktop

People need to respond to these idiots in the best way possible. Don't buy their crap, don't go to their games or watch them on TV.

Watch what happens when the money tap starts to run dry.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"People need to respond to these idiots in the best way possible. Don't buy their crap, don't go to their games or watch them on TV.

Watch what happens when the money tap starts to run dry.

Didn't NFL ratings drop considerably because of the kneeling.