News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10395
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:27:42 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

Twas the nizzle before Legalizashizzle....

Started by Berry Sweet, October 17, 2018, 12:21:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Berry Sweet

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"http://i68.tinypic.com/1252hyr.jpg">

Yo ho, yo, ho ho ho.

Blazor

I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Berry Sweet

Yeah this should be interesting.

I just care of the fact that's it's legal so my kids dad can stop saying I use illegal "drugs". What a pussy anyway.

Berry Sweet

Blazor

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"Yeah this should be interesting.

I just care of the fact that's it's legal so my kids dad can stop saying I use illegal "drugs". What a pussy anyway.

I've always hated that. Its an herb! The government decided to classify it as a drug only a handful of decades ago, though it was legal for thousands of years. The government decided to make it illegal, as a racist move believe it or not. Heres a snippit of what I found...

Harry Anslinger took the scientifically unsupported idea of marijuana as a violence-inducing drug, connected it to black and Hispanic people, and created a perfect package of terror to sell to the American media and public. By emphasizing the Spanish word marihuana instead of cannabis, he created a strong association between the drug and the newly arrived Mexican immigrants who helped popularize it in the States. He also created a narrative around the idea that cannabis made black people forget their place in society. He pushed the idea that jazz was evil music created by people under the influence of marijuana.

But these racist ideas didn't just influence the media's portrayal or the public's perception of the drug, the discrimination they encouraged was evident in real numbers. In the first full year after the Marihuana Tax Act was passed, black people were about three times more likely to be arrested for violating narcotic drug laws than whites. And Mexicans were nearly nine times more likely to be arrested for the same charge.

By 1952, the Boggs Act was passed. This made sentencing for drug convictions mandatory. A first offense for possession could land you two to five years in prison and a fine up to $2,000. Through the 1960s and 70s, weed smoking took on a new perception through the counterculture movement. Young white people resisted mainstream culture and powerful institutions. This was the era of hippies, beatniks, and flower power. But despite all the peace and love, laws continued to emphasize the severity of the drug. The Controlled Substances Act of 1970 passed under President Nixon.

- America's public enemy number one.

- Repealed the Marihuana Tax Act and instead made cannabis a schedule I drug. The most serious class. Schedule I drugs are considered to have a high potential for abuse and addiction. With no medical use. Other examples of Schedule I drugs are heroin, LSD, and ecstasy. Classifying cannabis as a schedule I drug has been highly debated since then.

- Marijuana is not a schedule I any more than a hedgehog is an apex predator.

Blazor

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"Bong on!

Man I wish I could get the good here like I could in Seattle lol. Just walk right in a store and BEHOLD! For there was plenty, and variety too lol.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blazor"Congratz to y'all up north!

:punk:  :Ghelyon:

I couldn't care less about legalization.

@realAzhyaAryola

Legalizashizzle...

Bwahahahahahahahahahha! Good one, Berry!
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Blazor

Quote from: "Fashionista"

I know you prolly dont Fash, but think on this.... what if you had loved ones, be they family or friends, and they were honest good people, but they had stresses in their life, and pot was the cure, and they liked that vs a man made drug that has been known to make people go on killing sprees. Would you still want them to go to jail for toking, or should they be allowed to puff on some pot without worry of going to jail?

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "Blazor"
Quote from: "Berry Sweet"Yeah this should be interesting.

I've always hated that. Its an herb! The government decided to classify it as a drug only a handful of decades ago, though it was legal for thousands of years. The government decided to make it illegal, as a racist move believe it or not. Heres a snippit of what I found...

Harry Anslinger took the scientifically unsupported idea of marijuana as a violence-inducing drug, connected it to black and Hispanic people, and created a perfect package of terror to sell to the American media and public. By emphasizing the Spanish word marihuana instead of cannabis, he created a strong association between the drug and the newly arrived Mexican immigrants who helped popularize it in the States. He also created a narrative around the idea that cannabis made black people forget their place in society. He pushed the idea that jazz was evil music created by people under the influence of marijuana.

But these racist ideas didn't just influence the media's portrayal or the public's perception of the drug, the discrimination they encouraged was evident in real numbers. In the first full year after the Marihuana Tax Act was passed, black people were about three times more likely to be arrested for violating narcotic drug laws than whites. And Mexicans were nearly nine times more likely to be arrested for the same charge.

By 1952, the Boggs Act was passed. This made sentencing for drug convictions mandatory. A first offense for possession could land you two to five years in prison and a fine up to $2,000. Through the 1960s and 70s, weed smoking took on a new perception through the counterculture movement. Young white people resisted mainstream culture and powerful institutions. This was the era of hippies, beatniks, and flower power. But despite all the peace and love, laws continued to emphasize the severity of the drug. The Controlled Substances Act of 1970 passed under President Nixon.

- America's public enemy number one.

- Repealed the Marihuana Tax Act and instead made cannabis a schedule I drug. The most serious class. Schedule I drugs are considered to have a high potential for abuse and addiction. With no medical use. Other examples of Schedule I drugs are heroin, LSD, and ecstasy. Classifying cannabis as a schedule I drug has been highly debated since then.

- Marijuana is not a schedule I any more than a hedgehog is an apex predator.

Very interesting.  Got a link? I like to share some of this info on fb.

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "Fashionista"

I care for both legalization and decrimnalization.  I suffer from insomnia and inflammation.  Both of which I ja e been prescribed prescription drugs...and both ha e horrible side effect.  The insomnia pills worked but they are addicting and dangerous.  There are many reports of sleepwalking and not remembering the next day...such incidents include driving.  It's dangerous!

I dont take prescription drugs for that anymore, just cannabis.  It helps me sleep and subsides the pain.  With zero side effects or addiction.

I should have a right to decide what I choose to put into my body without having to worry I will be jailed or have my kid taken away from me.

If anything, those prescription drugs should be illegal.

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"Legalizashizzle...

Bwahahahahahahahahahha! Good one, Berry!

I know! I saw that last night and couldn't stop laughing...I'm still giggling over it! Lol

Blazor

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"

Very interesting.  Got a link? I like to share some of this info on fb.

I just googled "why marijuana became illegal" and got this link...

https://www.businessinsider.com/racist-origins-marijuana-prohibition-legalization-2018-2">https://www.businessinsider.com/racist- ... ion-2018-2">https://www.businessinsider.com/racist-origins-marijuana-prohibition-legalization-2018-2

I've heard it before, but had to pull from some source lol. "Operation Wetback" it was called! Here is another link...

https://www.leafly.com/news/politics/americas-war-on-drugs-has-been-racist-for-a-century">https://www.leafly.com/news/politics/am ... -a-century">https://www.leafly.com/news/politics/americas-war-on-drugs-has-been-racist-for-a-century