News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10395
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:27:42 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

Twas the nizzle before Legalizashizzle....

Started by Berry Sweet, October 17, 2018, 12:21:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Blazor

Quote from: "Thiel"Legalization has not changed much at my company, my customers and my suppliers. Safety sensitive work will still require urinalysis screening until widespread impairment testing is developed.

I've always hated work drug testing for pot, cause pot stays in your system (testing wise) for a couple weeks at least. You're fine to smoke at night and go to work the next day, similar to alcohol, though too much alcohol the night before can still affect you the next day, unlike pot, which you will just have a good night rest lol. The point is, the company pays for what you do for 8 hours, not 24, what you do in your own time should be your own thing.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Blazor

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"
At CP, if there is a derailment or on track collision, the coductor and the engineer are sent immediately for pee testing. I am not sure what they screen for besides pot.

Thats the way it should be, accident or something get a test. But the test would have to fall in line accordingly with the time that you were at work, not the day before if its something that cant be felt. I agree with Berry too, pills count too.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blazor"
At CP, if there is a derailment or on track collision, the coductor and the engineer are sent immediately for pee testing. I am not sure what they screen for besides pot.

Thats the way it should be, accident or something get a test. But the test would have to fall in line accordingly with the time that you were at work, not the day before if its something that cant be felt. I agree with Berry too, pills count too.

If you took drugs in the last twelve hours or have alcohol in your system, it can tell.

Blazor

Quote from: "Herman"

If you took drugs in the last twelve hours or have alcohol in your system, it can tell.

Depending on what was took, that sounds almost fair.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Herman"

Depending on what was took, that sounds almost fair.

As long as you are not impaired, you are safe. If you are impaired, you are pulled out of service and forced to attend residential treatment. Don't ask me how I know this. :icon_wink:

Berry Sweet

They want to test canabis so bad...try pill popping...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"They want to test canabis so bad...try pill popping...

Who are they Berry?

Chuck Bronson

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"At CP, if there is a derailment or on track collision, the coductor and the engineer are sent immediately for pee testing. I am not sure what they screen for besides pot.

I am familiar with Canadian (and US rules also, although to a lesser extent), regarding workplace drink/drug testing, and how it works...

The US system is a Federally mandated system in place there that is a requirement for most transportation workers there, which consists of random tests, as well as testing after an incident.  This is often not optional, and is mandated not by the employer, but by Federal US requirements.  Nonetheless, it is common in the US to see optional (not required by law) testing done by the employer, either in the form of random, or an after incident test.

I bring the US system up only because their system applies also to certain transportation workers that enter their nation.  Trucking is a good example of this requirement...  Canadian truckers are subject to the same US drug testing requirements, if they cross the border.  There are no mandatory drug testing requirements if one stays in Canada.

I had to explain this, because the rules can change depending on whether or not you will enter the US.

Back to Canada...  Things are different here.  I will first answer your question, as to 'what do they test for in piss test?'  More than likely it will be for all the common drugs:   Weed, Meth, Coke, Opiates, Benzo's/Barbiturates, or any of their chemical brothers and sisters...  This would fall in line with US testing.

Remember that Canada is different though...  Testing is NOT mandatory here, and there are no Federal guidelines with regards to testing standards, as mandatory testing is not required in Canada.  However, more than likely CN & CP would test to US standards, which would include all of the main players mentioned.

Chuck Bronson

Now I'll get to the second half of my post...

Piss tests mean fuck all in Canada, essentially.  You may get fired, but in a unionized workplace like CN or CP, that may be unlikely, provided you attempt to 'better yourself.'  Basically the employer has a 'Duty to Accommodate.'

So, as we can see from this, true 'impairment' in Canada, on a legal ground, can still be only proven, for all intents and purposes, when considering alcohol...

In Canada, the Federal limit for criminal charges while driving drunk is 0.08, across the board.  Provinces often have lower limits set at 0.05, but these are not criminal charges, and are implemented at the 'Motor Vehicle Act' level.

There's a huge fucking problem with drug testing, with respect to Canadian law...  While we are fairly certain that blood/alcohol levels as tested are generally indicative of impairment levels at the time, the same does NOT apply with other drugs...  First off, current testing is not able to prove impairment, even with the new testing procedures.  Under Canadian law, it would be almost impossible to put forth a successful charge of impairment for weed on piss-test proof alone...

Without getting into case-law, which I like to read, it is difficult to prove that a person is high to the point of impairment.  Canadian law does have a provision that allows cops to fuck your shit up with simple impairment alone, for almost any reason, but that gets tossed out in 99% of hearings if challenged.

The problem is, with weed, is that you are NOT high after three days of smoking, nor is one impaired anymore.

This creates a problem

THIS is where that old law, still in effect in Canada, but rarely utilized, can come back into effect...  Driving under the influence...

In Canada, the police cannot test you unless they have formed the opinion that you are impaired, and as such if they have formed this opinion, I do not see why a DUI (sans 0.08) cannot hold up in court...

kiebers

Besides the Department of Transportation and it's regulations it kind of boils down to: If you receive government contracts/money in your business, you are required to do random tests on your employees to keep those contracts. The health care industry is included in this.
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Berry Sweet"They want to test canabis so bad...try pill popping...

Who are they Berry?

The pill poppers? I dont hang out with them..but they exist.

They as in testing?  The rcmp, federal gvmt, and other such high horse morons.

@realAzhyaAryola

I will try my best not to be too paranoid about drivers guilty of impaired driving.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"I will try my best not to be too paranoid about drivers guilty of impaired driving.

It used to be if the police could smell it, they could search the car..

I wonder if they can conduct a sobriety test if they can smell it in a car.

Berry Sweet

This will be interesting to see how all of it unfolds.  It will be really ridiculous for sure.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"This will be interesting to see how all of it unfolds.  It will be really ridiculous for sure.

There will be some hiccups.