Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 06:52:17 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Frood

happy American Thanksgiving

Started by Anonymous, November 21, 2018, 09:56:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bricktop

Quote from: "Blazor"
Quote from: "Bricktop"(y'all???...where did THAT come from???).

Awwww Im rubbing off on you  :laugh:

No...please...for the love of god...noooooooo

Blazor

Quote from: "Bricktop"
Quote from: "Bricktop"(y'all???...where did THAT come from???).

Awwww Im rubbing off on you  :laugh:

No...please...for the love of god...noooooooo

:evilthoughts2:

And if you're a good boy, Santa might bring you that Red Ryder BB gun you've always wanted  :laugh:
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Blazor

Mmm the smell of cinnamon, cloves and pumpkin.

Blazor

This is what I get for falling asleep on the couch for a few hours earlier tonight lol. Now its just after 4:20 am lol. Im almost done though! And I'll sleep til 11, eat 1.

kiebers

Thanks for the wishes...Everything is made just has to go in the oven. Will be an interesting day. The pie was tasted last night. All the flavors were there I wanted, but I have to figure out how my grandmother got the texture she did.
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blazor"Mmm the smell of cinnamon, cloves and pumpkin.

Do you make pumpkin pies or buythem?

Anonymous

Quote from: "kiebers"Thanks for the wishes...Everything is made just has to go in the oven. Will be an interesting day. The pie was tasted last night. All the flavors were there I wanted, but I have to figure out how my grandmother got the texture she did.

What is on the menu for today's Thanksgiving feast?

I assume you are having it today..

Like many people in this country we have our Canadian Thanksgiving on the Saturday of the three day holiday instead of Monday.

kiebers

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "kiebers"Thanks for the wishes...Everything is made just has to go in the oven. Will be an interesting day. The pie was tasted last night. All the flavors were there I wanted, but I have to figure out how my grandmother got the texture she did.

Like many people in this country we have our Canadian Thanksgiving on the Saturday of the three day holiday instead of Monday.

Definitely today, with leftovers going a few days after...LOL

Menu for today is:

Turkey

Cornbread dressing

Green bean casserole

Mashed potatoes

Candied sweet potatoes

Fresh cranberry sauce as a condiment

Apricot pie warmed and with a scoop of Vanilla ice cream for dessert

or

We also have chocolate ice cream if someone wants just ice cream for dessert.
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Anonymous

Quote from: "kiebers"

Definitely today, with leftovers going a few days after...LOL

Menu for today is:

Turkey

Cornbread dressing

Green bean casserole

Mashed potatoes

Candied sweet potatoes

Fresh cranberry sauce as a condiment

Apricot pie warmed and with a scoop of Vanilla ice cream for dessert

or

We also have chocolate ice cream if someone wants just ice cream for dessert.

You make your stuffing from cornbread? I wonder how that would mix with the sage, and onion.

Any bevies?

Blazor

Thats usually how it goes lol. I have several of my mom's recipes, but not their final tweaks or anything. Im making sure I get the stuffing patty recipe from my mother in law today lol. Its so similar to my moms.

Blazor

I actually made pumpkin rolls. Someone always brings a pumpkin pie. I've made a pumpkin cheesecake before too that was good. This is a picture of a pumpkin roll, but mine is better lol. Its a cream cheese icing thats rolled up in it.

https://food.fnr.sndimg.com/content/dam/images/food/fullset/2012/11/19/1/YW0202H_pumpkin-roll-recipe_s4x3.jpg.rend.hgtvcom.826.620.suffix/1406090600491.jpeg">

Anonymous

I actually made pumpkin rolls. Someone always brings a pumpkin pie. I've made a pumpkin cheesecake before too that was good. This is a picture of a pumpkin roll, but mine is better lol. Its a cream cheese icing thats rolled up in it.

https://food.fnr.sndimg.com/content/dam/images/food/fullset/2012/11/19/1/YW0202H_pumpkin-roll-recipe_s4x3.jpg.rend.hgtvcom.826.620.suffix/1406090600491.jpeg">

That looks like a rich dessert.

kiebers

Quote from: "seoulbro"
You make your stuffing from cornbread? I wonder how that would mix with the sage, and onion.

Any bevies?

Yes, the dried crumbled corn bread goes very well with sage, onion and celery. As far as the bevies, "It's a Bloody Mary morning"

https://i.imgur.com/csybJby.jpg?2">

">

Bricktop

And if you're a good boy, Santa might bring you that Red Ryder BB gun you've always wanted  :laugh:

Yee haaaw...

I mean...HOORAY!!!

:shock:

cc

https://www.weaselzippers.us/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/Save-Money-300x300.jpg">
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell