The best topic

Replies: 10399
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:39:45 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Crab Apple Season strikes again

Started by Frood, December 30, 2018, 01:47:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Bricktop

With corellas, you won't hear a thing!!

Zetsu

Quote from: "Bricktop"With corellas, you won't hear a thing!!

Lol I gotta admit even with my obsession with anything that has feathers and walk on 2 little legs, hookbills might possess a bit of a challage of me, and like you say they're super loud, even one of them has 10x teh squawking power of all my pet birds combined.  :001_tongue:
Permanently off his rocker

Anonymous

Quote from: "Zetsu"

Lol I gotta admit even with my obsession with anything that has feathers and walk on 2 little legs, hookbills might possess a bit of a challage of me, and like you say they're super loud, even one of them has 10x teh squawking power of all my pet birds combined.  :001_tongue:

Yes, but they are parrots and can be tamed easily and make good pets.

Zetsu

Quote from: "Fashionista"

Truth to be told I can't seem to get a lot with parrots or ever get them to like me, once bought a cockatoo in HK but every time I pick him up he bites my hand until it starts bleeding. ac_unsure  Maybe maybe b/c of the yin yang theory I'm a bit like a parrot or some noisy finch in nature and need some more peaceful birds like pigeon and quails to balance out my inner energy.

Anonymous

Truth to be told I can't seem to get a lot with parrots or ever get them to like me, once bought a cockatoo in HK but every time I pick him up he bites my hand until it starts bleeding. ac_unsure  Maybe maybe b/c of the yin yang theory I'm a bit like a parrot or some noisy finch in nature and need some more peaceful birds like pigeon and quails to balance out my inner energy.

I think parrot family birds can be peaceful too..

But, we have never owned one.

Bricktop

Quote from: "Zetsu"once bought a cockatoo in HK but every time I pick him up he bites my hand until it starts bleeding. ac_unsure  

He wanted to go back to Australia.

Zetsu

The funniest thing is our parrots bites everyone hand that tries to pet or feed him except for only one person, my grandma.  But you're right they can be tamed, it's just that I'm bad at communicating with animals nor able to stay in hk long enough to get my cockatoo to know me better.

Zetsu

Quote from: "Bricktop"
Quote from: "Zetsu"once bought a cockatoo in HK but every time I pick him up he bites my hand until it starts bleeding. ac_unsure  

He wanted to go back to Australia.

But doesn't teh super hot weather there makes them super cranky?  :001_tongue:

Bricktop

No.

They are super cranky in all weather.

Zetsu

Quote from: "Bricktop"No.

:roll:

Anonymous

The funniest thing is our parrots bites everyone hand that tries to pet or feed him except for only one person, my grandma.  But you're right they can be tamed, it's just that I'm bad at communicating with animals nor able to stay in hk long enough to get my cockatoo to know me better.

I have seen cockatiels with their cage doors open all day long..

The one cockatiel will fly out of it's cage and land on it's owners shoulder....so cute.

Frood

They're pricks of things and the semi domesticated ones become jealous of the owners spouse or partner.
Blahhhhhh...

Zetsu

I have seen cockatiels with their cage doors open all day long..

The one cockatiel will fly out of it's cage and land on it's owners shoulder....so cute.

I always wanted to do that but my dad and gramda always worry he'll poop non stop or get stuck somewhere, though one of our Indonesia maid lets him out once a day for a while before cleaning the home and then locks him back in his cage again... it was fun while we had him, but boy was he one grumpy little guy, lol.

Bricktop

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"

They're pricks of things and the semi domesticated ones become jealous of the owners spouse or partner.

Or anyone else...and they can BITE. Bad tempered assholes with feathers.

Anonymous

I always wanted to do that but my dad and gramda always worry he'll poop non stop or get stuck somewhere, though one of our Indonesia maid lets him out once a day for a while before cleaning the home and then locks him back in his cage again... it was fun while we had him, but boy was he one grumpy little guy, lol.

If you have an Indonesian maid, why would your father care if the cockatiel does it's business outside the cage?