The best topic

Replies: 9919
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 12:15:22 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

Cops Being Cops: A Thread Showcasing News of These Noble and Just Creatures

Started by Frood, February 11, 2019, 12:58:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Frood

https://www.rt.com/usa/451129-police-tase-man-testicles-glendale/">https://www.rt.com/usa/451129-police-ta ... -glendale/">https://www.rt.com/usa/451129-police-tase-man-testicles-glendale/

Cops pull over a vehicle and demand to see a passenger's driver licence. When questioned about the validity of the request, the cops drag him out of the vehicle then begin tasering his genitals in front of his family.

Both parents were jailed for a month until the mother took a plea deal in order to care for their children.

The main cop was suspended for three days.

He should have been waterboarded, tased, violated by a canine, then fired.
Blahhhhhh...

Frood

Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"Because I intend to highlight the abuses of authority cops are naturally prone to.

One of the other forums I visit has an entire subforum for the purpose.

For instance, here's a heart warming story.

Jason Van Dyke, a former Chicago cop convicted of Murder Two for the extra-judicial execution of Laquan McDonald in 2014, was serving his seven year sentence in a federal prison in Connecticut and recently got the shit kicked out of him in the yard.

https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2019/02/13/jason-van-dyke-beaten-in-federal-prison-legal-team-says/">//https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2019/02/13/jason-van-dyke-beaten-in-federal-prison-legal-team-says/

Not too surprising, but note that the Fraternal Order of Police is distressed about the beating.  It suggests that the FOP is actually a de facto trade union rather than a guild of professional LEOs.

Anonymous

I should have mentioned that the victim McDonald was walking away from the former LEO when he was shot in the back SIXTEEN TIMES.  

I suspect the beating in the prison yard didn't hurt as much as taking sixteen rounds.  But there's always tomorrow.

Frood

Quote from: "Peaches"I should have mentioned that the victim McDonald was walking away from the former LEO when he was shot in the back SIXTEEN TIMES.  

I suspect the beating in the prison yard didn't hurt as much as taking sixteen rounds.  But there's always tomorrow.

A shame he didn't get 16 bricks to the back of his skull.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Zetsu

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"Because I intend to highlight the abuses of authority cops are naturally prone to.

Lmao, idiots like you that choose to generalize the millions of good to awesome cops out there from a few that make the news deserve to be sentence for a good ass beating.  ac_beating
Permanently off his rocker

Anonymous

Quote from: "Zetsu"

Lmao, idiots like you that choose to generalize the millions of good to awesome cops out there from a few that make the news deserve to be sentence for a good ass beating.  ac_beating

If his biggest problem is the few bad apples on the force, than his life is stress free.

Zetsu

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"

If his biggest problem is the few bad apples on the force, than his life is stress free.

That's one possibility, though I can never fully understand Dinky here, I mean he hates the police, but can never seem to give a proper reason why in doing so, chances are his reason is too dumb and petty to let everyone know.

Cronus

Fortunately we don't require justification for threads. I suppose we could make a form and make everyone submit it to start a thread.....

Oh, and threads are still threads regardless of where they are. Derails can still be moved by the request of the OP, even in RR.
the best circus always has the biggest freakshow.... thats just the human condition....

Anonymous

Aside from your casual delivery of unwarranted insults, I've heard this old saw hundreds of times.  My questions for you are, first, when you have forty cops on a force and only two of them are bad apples, is this fact invisible to the other thirty-eight cops?  And if your answer is no, then my second question is, what does it say about those other thirty-eight cops when they look the other way and keep their mouths closed?  Are you saying they are still good to awesome cops?

I may have more questions, depending on whatever answer you do or don't provide.

Zetsu

Quote from: "Peaches"

Aside from your casual delivery of unwarranted insults, I've heard this old saw hundreds of times.  My questions for you are, first, when you have forty cops on a force and only two of them are bad apples, is this fact invisible to the other thirty-eight cops?  And if your answer is no, then my second question is, what does it say about those other thirty-eight cops when they look the other way and keep their mouths closed?  Are you saying they are still good to awesome cops?

I may have more questions, depending on whatever answer you do or don't provide.

It all really depends on how corrupt those cops are.  Even in some developing countries where the majority of police would be fired by first world standards, they're still needed.  And tbh the funny thing is this old saw is what I learned from RW when it comes to defending Muslims, but the main difference is cops are still a boon to the society where Muslims are a dime a dozen.

Anonymous

It all really depends on how corrupt those cops are.  Even in some developing countries where the majority of police would be fired by first world standards, they're still needed.  And tbh the funny thing is this old saw is what I learned from RW when it comes to defending Muslims, but the main difference is cops are still a boon to the society where Muslims are a dime a dozen.

I'd prefer to leave the Muslims out of this, lest the topic get diluted further.  It sounds like you're saying that some amount of corruption in the police is tolerable since society needs them.  That is different than your prior argument that most cops are good and even awesome and shouldn't be judged by a few bad examples (or the ones who make the news.)  And I don't' even want to ask how much corruption is tolerable before it gets too corrupt.

I'm remembering a post I made in Gaion's thread about serving in the military, where I discussed the Good Conduct Medal as not really reflecting 3 years of good conduct but only 3 years of undetected crime.  I think this probably applies to police work, too.

In the case of cops, I am not really comfortable in a situation where I have to encounter a cop who is carrying a firearm and can probably get away with simply killing me, if he feels like it or is having a bad day or if the situation is not really as it appears.  If society expects me to put my trust and faith in a cop, I want a cop who merits that trust and faith.  For instance, if I just got mugged by "that guy over there" and he happens to be a CI of the cop who shows up, or if the cop happens to be involved in drug trafficking with "that guy" ... well, it's not gonna turn out well for me, and I'd have done better not to have called the cops at all.

It's possible that you could get awesome cops to do this dangerous and yucky work if you paid them a lot more than we want to pay, but maybe not even then.  Bottom line is, communities tend to get the kind of policing they "want."  Or at least the kind of policing the city fathers want.  Usually, that means a lot of moral and ethical corners get cut.  In the US for instance, municipalities are getting tired of million dollar wrongful death verdicts and they are now moving to a position of "municipal indemnity" where they say "we hired this maggot in good faith and he passed his training with high scores at the Academy, so our hands are clean."  And they throw his ass under the bus and let your survivors sue HIM for his entire net worth of $78.16 and that's all you get.  And usually he moves to another jurisdiction 25 miles away and THAT police force is happy to hire him.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Is the "D" in Django silent? Yes or No? (must be lower case):
spell bacon backwards with the first letter capitalized:
911 was an attack on what city (spell out lower case two words):
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview