The best topic

Replies: 8532
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 03:33:05 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Garraty_47

The Geriatrics Smell Dead Thread

Started by Frood, February 21, 2019, 07:37:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Bricktop

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"Now, that is lamer than a three legged horse.

About as lame as thinking a guest poster needs to join to get in on the fun.

Anonymous

That might be subject to future change of course. Just unlikely while you are chasing skirt and gumming up the threads with constant complaints that it's male skirt. That gets tedious to watch after a while.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Guest"

Must you throw water filled balloons from behind the hedges..

I have better things to do than check that guest posts contain nothing illegal before approving them.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Guest"

Must you throw water filled balloons from behind the hedges..

I have better things to do than check that guest posts contain nothing illegal before approving them.

And here I was thinking I was providing you and your own with something personally rewarding to do. Besides playing whack-a-mole with IP addresses and letting innocent internet browsers take the blame for it I mean.

caskur

Don't let guests post.

When your forum is under attack by cowards you need to fix that immediately.

I have lost forums over the years due to this sort of attack.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

Quote from: "caskur"Don't let guests post.

We are on mod approval and I won't have time to approve anymore posts for at least forty five minutes, so this coward will have to wait.

Anonymous

Must you constantly be telling others how to run their business?

I don't see a problem if guest posts have to be vetted.  Very few "guests" will have the stamina to carry on a conversation if they have to wait a few hours to see their post.  FFS, Ilyana has run her forum for several years allowing guests to post in an outer courtyard, and she had Gear at her back until he croaked...and now Jibbles has her back.  

If you "lost" forums due to any sort of "attack" that's mostly because you haven't the technical savvy to make one that's tight.

ETA...I like Ilyana's approach because the rest of her forum is locked down tight, and virtually no members post any content in the courtyard.  Thus there's no incentive for guests to post unless they've lost their password or some such.

Anonymous

Wise words. It's what I would do if I were in her penis pump heels and found myself getting upset at having to approve the occasional innocuous post and didn't want to open the gates to unmoderated guest posting.

Quote from: "caskur"I have lost forums over the years due to this sort of attack.

Not so wise words. Perhaps if you hadn't spent so much time banning the IPs of posts you had approved then you might remember where you left those forums.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Peaches"I don't see a problem if guest posts have to be vetted.

Nor do I. I also do not consider any stamina required to carry on a conversation at the whim of some moderator. Not even a cranky moderator that stomps about caterwauling about cowards throwing water balloons from behind hedges when they make good use of her (grudging) generosity.

Anonymous

I hope she's not asian. I heard asians have a problem with being made to look foolish. That would not be appropriate behavior for me, a guest in her house.

caskur

Quote from: "Fashionista"

We are on mod approval and I won't have time to approve anymore posts for at least forty five minutes, so this coward will have to wait.

OK, I didn't know about mod approval. Bra1n didn't have that at 3rd Rail, he had a guest forum. No mod approval was needed.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

Quote from: "caskur"OK, I didn't know about mod approval.

You see? Perhaps if you stopped to think for two seconds before shooting your gap off, you might not make such a horse's ass out of yourself.

Bricktop

Quote from: "Peaches"

I don't see a problem if guest posts have to be vetted.  Very few "guests" will have the stamina to carry on a conversation if they have to wait a few hours to see their post.  FFS, Ilyana has run her forum for several years allowing guests to post in an outer courtyard, and she had Gear at her back until he croaked...and now Jibbles has her back.  

If you "lost" forums due to any sort of "attack" that's mostly because you haven't the technical savvy to make one that's tight.

ETA...I like Ilyana's approach because the rest of her forum is locked down tight, and virtually no members post any content in the courtyard.  Thus there's no incentive for guests to post unless they've lost their password or some such.

Once again, you demonstrate a rather detailed knowledge of the operations of flame or quasi flame forums...although, to be honest, I have no clue who Ilyana is, but your summary of her forum hints it is for flamers, or some flamers.

Curioser and curioser... ac_umm

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"
Quote from: "Peaches"

Once again, you demonstrate a rather detailed knowledge of the operations of flame or quasi flame forums...although, to be honest, I have no clue who Ilyana is, but your summary of her forum hints it is for flamers, or some flamers.

Curioser and curioser... ac_umm

I don't have the slightest clue why you're so hell-bent on painting me as TWAP Junior.

Ilyana's forum, which had 20 daily posters last time I was active there, is a SOCIAL forum where trolling in all forms is verboten.  It's locked down because it's by invitation only and people talk about their real lives there.  I had an enjoyable time there until Gear and I had a falling out.

Don't you have enough to do with your own life and telling staff here how they should run this forum?

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
911 was an attack on what city (spell out lower case two words):
Is the "D" in Django silent? Yes or No? (must be lower case):
spell bacon backwards with the first letter capitalized:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview