Replies: 8532
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 03:33:05 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Garraty_47

The Geriatrics Smell Dead Thread

Started by Frood, February 21, 2019, 07:37:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bricktop

And how, pray, am I "telling staff" here?

I am just another poster. The "staff" do their tasks without reference to me. They run this forum as they see fit and neither seek nor desire advice or input from me.

I paint you as no-one but who you are. You seem to be a forum moth, seeking illumination from whichever light happens to be on at the time.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"And how, pray, am I "telling staff" here?

I am just another poster. The "staff" do their tasks without reference to me. They run this forum as they see fit and neither seek nor desire advice or input from me.

I paint you as no-one but who you are. You seem to be a forum moth, seeking illumination from whichever light happens to be on at the time.

The gulf between what you say about your behavior and what I read in your posts is wide.

As is the gulf between "you are" and "you seem to be."

Bricktop

Blurt

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"'Sniff this one, it's dead'

">

I'm a big fan of these guys.

I watch the TV series once a year, right before or after my Firefly binge.

I love how they poke fun at both New Zealanders and at Australians.
Aimin\' to misbehave.

caskur

Quote from: "Guest"
Quote from: "caskur"OK, I didn't know about mod approval.

You see? Perhaps if you stopped to think for two seconds before shooting your gap off, you might not make such a horse's ass out of yourself.

I stand by my first comment.

Fash should get rid of "guests" while the forum is under attack.

That would save mods "approving" a guests post.

- signed, happily a horses arse caskur!~
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

caskur

Quote from: "Bricktop"
Quote from: "Peaches"
Quote from: "caskur"Don't let guests post.

When your forum is under attack by cowards you need to fix that immediately.

I have lost forums over the years due to this sort of attack.

Must you constantly be telling others how to run their business?

I don't see a problem if guest posts have to be vetted.  Very few "guests" will have the stamina to carry on a conversation if they have to wait a few hours to see their post.  FFS, Ilyana has run her forum for several years allowing guests to post in an outer courtyard, and she had Gear at her back until he croaked...and now Jibbles has her back.  

If you "lost" forums due to any sort of "attack" that's mostly because you haven't the technical savvy to make one that's tight.

ETA...I like Ilyana's approach because the rest of her forum is locked down tight, and virtually no members post any content in the courtyard.  Thus there's no incentive for guests to post unless they've lost their password or some such.

Once again, you demonstrate a rather detailed knowledge of the operations of flame or quasi flame forums...although, to be honest, I have no clue who Ilyana is, but your summary of her forum hints it is for flamers, or some flamers.

Curioser and curioser... ac_umm

He was on Serafina's wicked Kewl forum when you posted there. He does have another known handle but I have forgotten it.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Frood

Quote from: "Blurt"
Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"'Sniff this one, it's dead'

">

I'm a big fan of these guys.

I watch the TV series once a year, right before or after my Firefly binge.

I love how they poke fun at both New Zealanders and at Australians.

">

ac_biggrin
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "caskur"
Quote from: "caskur"OK, I didn't know about mod approval.

You see? Perhaps if you stopped to think for two seconds before shooting your gap off, you might not make such a horse's ass out of yourself.

I stand by my first comment.

Fash should get rid of "guests" while the forum is under attack.

That would save mods "approving" a guests post.

- signed, happily a horses arse caskur!~

I don't believe this forum is under attack and I don't see how turning away a handful of guest posts in a day would make any difference if it were. You're just cranky because Prickflop and Dirty Dianna wont have an orgy in your hairy ass I think.

Anonymous

I don't believe this forum is under attack and I don't see how turning away a handful of guest posts in a day would make any difference if it were. You're just cranky because Prickflop and Dirty Dianna wont have an orgy in your hairy ass I think.

:laugh3:

Anonymous

Loling at your own posts.

:001_rolleyes:

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"

If I were to guess, I might guess you had better things to waste your time on than come up with a troll of any real subtlety. Or that you were incapable of it.

Anonymous

Since you are here, I might as well ask. Do you consider yourself an enlightened conservative or more of a progressive warrior type who fights for freedoms of the oppressed?

Anonymous

Quote from: "meh?"Since you are here, I might as well ask. Do you consider yourself an enlightened conservative or more of a progressive warrior type who fights for freedoms of the oppressed?

Depends on the day and who's asking.

Anonymous

Quote from: "meh?"Since you are here, I might as well ask. Do you consider yourself an enlightened conservative or more of a progressive warrior type who fights for freedoms of the oppressed?

Depends on the day and who's asking.

Today and me.

Anonymous

Quote from: "meh"

If I were to guess, I might guess you had better things to waste your time on than come up with a troll of any real subtlety. Or that you were incapable of it.

You must be one of those spic forum progtards. I am glad you showed up. I gotta shitter that needs scrubbing. Here's your tool for your trade.

https://images.homedepot-static.com/productImages/a42fa045-d218-49ed-891e-38b97e26e050/svn/grey-home-basics-toilet-brushes-holders-tb45051-64_1000.jpg">

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
911 was an attack on what city (spell out lower case two words):
Is Alticus a dick sucking fairy? (answer is opposite of no):
spell bacon backwards with the first letter capitalized:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview