News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 8486
Total votes: : 3

Last post: July 04, 2024, 11:20:11 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

Seoul: Did you watch The Masters today? Tiger's baaaack .. a Tiger Again!!!

Started by cc, April 14, 2019, 10:31:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gaon

Quote from: "cc"OK, I take back my support for him

I know he can afford it, but anyone purchasing, maintaining this and necessary staff .. and fuel ..   is waaaaay over the top .. like in lalaland

https://a57.foxnews.com/static.foxnews.com/foxnews.com/content/uploads/2019/05/1862/1048/Tiger-Woods-Privacy-Getty.jpg?ve=1&tl=1">

Does Tiger Woods preach about climate change?
The Russian Rock It

Anonymous

I know he can afford it, but anyone purchasing, maintaining this and necessary staff .. and fuel ..   is waaaaay over the top .. like in lalaland

https://a57.foxnews.com/static.foxnews.com/foxnews.com/content/uploads/2019/05/1862/1048/Tiger-Woods-Privacy-Getty.jpg?ve=1&tl=1">

Jesus H. :2r4ml1j_th:

Anonymous

That is hyper over-indulgence. I still like Tiger Woods the athlete.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Gaon"

Does Tiger Woods preach about climate change?

His carbon footprint is massive enough to be an advocate for climate change alarmism.

Odinson

Tiger Woods is ruined..

He has been swinging his club far too frivolously.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Odinson"Tiger Woods is ruined..

Ruined people don't own massive yachts.

Odinson

Quote from: "Fashionista"

Its only a 20 million dollar yacht..

Thats a small rowboat compared to what some of the guys at his golf club have..

Anonymous

Quote from: "Odinson"

Oh, is that all..

It's a middle class family yacht.

Anonymous

That's a good question. What would that example of greed be worth.

Odinson

Oh, is that all..

It's a middle class family yacht.

Its really modest for a guy who has close to a billion dollars.

Helicopter landing pad... Docking bay for a smaller motorboat...

Garage for the Bugatti.

All those things are missing.

Anonymous

Hmm, I don't know if that is true anymore. His net worth has plunged. He is still filthy stinking rich though.

Bricktop

It is an obscene amount of money for hitting a ball with a stick.

And EVERYONE pays for it. People do not realise that when they see these overrated sports performers cruising in their yachts, kicking back in their island hideaway and posing in their Ferraris that they pay for this every time they buy a sponsors product. What percentage of your Nike shoes is to cover marketing and promotion? Your TAG watch? Your Mercedes? The energy drink you buy?

All that affluence and indulgence is funded largely by people who aren't even aware they are contributing to a lavish and ludicrous lifestyle of people who have a talent that contributes nothing to human progress or a better world.

I admire the skill of sports performers at the highest level. But I cringe at the amount of money they earn for what is a folly.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"It is an obscene amount of money for hitting a ball with a stick.

And EVERYONE pays for it. People do not realise that when they see these overrated sports performers cruising in their yachts, kicking back in their island hideaway and posing in their Ferraris that they pay for this every time they buy a sponsors product. What percentage of your Nike shoes is to cover marketing and promotion? Your TAG watch? Your Mercedes? The energy drink you buy?

All that affluence and indulgence is funded largely by people who aren't even aware they are contributing to a lavish and ludicrous lifestyle of people who have a talent that contributes nothing to human progress or a better world.

I admire the skill of sports performers at the highest level. But I cringe at the amount of money they earn for what is a folly.

Like actors, and rock/pop/rap stars they are overpaid. But, until people stop going to concerts, sporting games and buying songs expect more 50 meter yachts, Ferraris and private Learjets.

Bricktop

There is a difference between actors and musicians and sports stars, though.

You can buy their movies and music, or choose not to. They provide a product that you can choose to enjoy or ignore. Sports "stars" receive their revenue through sponsorship, the cost of which the sponsor passes on to the consumer. For some reason, people think they become Tiger Woods because they buy the socks that he wears. Using sportsmen and women as advertising hoardings is a cost we all bear.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"There is a difference between actors and musicians and sports stars, though.

You can buy their movies and music, or choose not to. They provide a product that you can choose to enjoy or ignore. Sports "stars" receive their revenue through sponsorship, the cost of which the sponsor passes on to the consumer. For some reason, people think they become Tiger Woods because they buy the socks that he wears. Using sportsmen and women as advertising hoardings is a cost we all bear.

Not that many products are sponsored by pro athletes.