News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 8486
Total votes: : 3

Last post: July 04, 2024, 11:20:11 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

Seoul: Did you watch The Masters today? Tiger's baaaack .. a Tiger Again!!!

Started by cc, April 14, 2019, 10:31:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cc

Well, after a decade or so of trying to overcome his "problems" and being seen as (and prolly feeling as) the lowest form of life, Tiger was cool and solid .. especially on the last holes of the final round ..  like in the old days when he would most always win the big ones on the last holes of the last round

Despite so long off his game he passed Palmer and is now second (by one) only to Nicklaus for Maters titles and only 3 behind Nicklaus for total Major Tournament wins .. .and that's with a lost decade

I was really down on Tiger for a long time but still did admire how good he " had been " especially when the chips are down (his forte)

We watched him play alongside our backyard in Philippines in 96 - 97 .. poetry in motion .. he may well be back on track to prove he is the best ever .. and after not giving up on himself after a decade of being degraded (including by us) ..

I'm happy for him and actually pulled for him all through today's match knowing he was "back" and would take and hold the lead

He's a "tiger" again!!!
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"Well, after a decade or so of trying to overcome his "problems" and being seen as (and prolly feeling as) the lowest form of life, Tiger was cool and solid .. especially on the last holes of the final round ..  like in the old days

Despite so long off his game he passed Palmer and is now second (by one) only to Nicklaus for Maters titles and only 3 behind Nicklaus for Major Tournament wins

I was really down on Tiger for a long time but do admire how good he is especially when the chips are down (his forte)

We watched him play alongside our backyard in Philippines in 96 .. poetry in motion .. he may well be back on track to prove he is the best ever .. and after not giving up on himself after a decade of being degraded (including by us) .. I'm happy for him and actually pulled for him all through today's match knowing he was "back" and would take and hold the lead

He's a "tiger" again!!!

I sure did see it. Tiger is the comeback king and the tiger is back again. This time overcoming persistent back pain.

Even when he was going through his personal problems, I remained a fan of Tiger Woods, the athlete.

cc

We didn't until early this season. In fact, I wanted him to lose for a long time .. we were pissed at how he treated his wife (and of course women in general)

This season his overall attitude seemed good AND he never gave up even when doing poorly - so I forgave him a few months ago

If his back will allow, he now has that special element and personality back - and will overtake Nicklaus in Masters and Major total wins

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"We didn't until early this season. In fact, I wanted him to lose for a long time .. we were pissed at how he treated his wife (and of course women in general)

This season his overall attitude seemed good AND he never gave up even when doing poorly - so I forgave him

If his back will allow, he now has that special element and personality back - and will overtake Nicklaus in Masters and Major total wins

I look forward to seeing Tiger break the records of Jack Nicklaus.

cc

I feel privileged to have watched him closeup when he was at his best .. poetry in motion .. he now seems almost as good as when he was young

We lived on a gold course in the Fils and he was playing Aoki, Norman and I forget the other - 4 top guys all from different continents

Anonymous

Good for Tiger Woods..

I thought he retired from the sport.

ac_blush

cc

After his transgressions became known and his whole world fell apart, he slumped for a very long time ... still played, but poorly for him

Only this season is he back at the top

Today he was the young steady tiger of old

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"After his transgressions became known and his whole world fell apart, he slumped for a very long time ... still played, but poorly for him

Only this season is he back at the top

Today he was the young steady tiger

It was a slow return to his former competitive form. Something only great athletes are capable of.

cc

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"Somehow he has survived all the humiliation and guilt

He has indeed. But, overcoming nagging back pain to return to top form is an amazing accomplishment.

Anonymous

Quote from: "seoulbro"
Quote from: "cc"Somehow he has survived all the humiliation and guilt

He has indeed. But, overcoming nagging back pain to return to top form is an amazing accomplishment.

That is like Mario Lemieux's comebacks from back surgery and Hodgkin's disease.

Bricktop

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"He hits a little ball with a stick, and he's a hero?

He's arguably the greatest golfer of all time.

Anonymous

The Seoul brother and ceec actually watch golf. Damn, that's boring,

Bricktop

Quote from: "seoulbro"
Quote from: "Bricktop"He hits a little ball with a stick, and he's a hero?

He's arguably the greatest golfer of all time.

I'm sure he is...and that would be on a par with the greatest window washer of all time.