Replies: 10400
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 04:37:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lokmar

How do you view marriage?

Started by Berry Sweet, June 04, 2019, 02:52:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berry Sweet

Is marriage a big deal to you? Are you brainwashed into believing you have to get married? Do you view marriage as success?

I dont care for the idea of being married and I personally dont view being married as being successful (mostly by image) as the divorce rate is so high and many marriages have their bumps.

Your thoughts or opinions?

Bricktop

Marriage has no relationship to success.

It is only related to happiness.

Frood

Marriage is a contractual state of mind, unless either party seeks to break it legally.
Blahhhhhh...

kiebers

For me it was a lifetime commitment. Picked the right one the first time. A major hobby we both enjoyed played a big part in staying together. In 5 days it will be 35 years married and 37 years together. In fact our anniversary will be celebrated with son, grand daughter, a long time friend (59 years) and his fiance on a fishing trip. House rented for 4 nights. Should be a great time.

And a 37 year hobby collection...17 went in the garbage and this was left...put the bin out the night before garbage day and in the morning there were only 3 left. Rod and reel repair guy is going to be happy to see me walk into his shop. Costs $25 per reel to clean plus any parts needed. Gonna be a nice job for him. Probably have 10 or more that need to be cleaned, but at $200+ each for new ones it will pay to clean and repair. Course I am not counting the 6 boats we have owned over the years.

https://i.imgur.com/euAlBeg.jpg?1">
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Anonymous

I have been married nineteen years..

My husband is my soulmate and my best friend and that is not brainwashing..

Needless to say, I'd marry him again.

Frood

Quote from: "Fashionista"I have been married nineteen years..

My husband is my soulmate and my best friend and that is not brainwashing..

Needless to say, I'd marry him again.

Good for you and him, Fash.  :smiley_thumbs_up_yellow_ani:
Blahhhhhh...

JOE

It seems there is very little incentive for men to get married in Canada anymore.

Men have very few rights in this country & if the marriage falls apart they pay through the nose and they often lose everything. I've known quite a few men this has happened to in Canada.

If I were really interested in this path, I'd avoid getting married in this country, go somewhere else, but leave my toys & possessions at home so in the event the marriage somewhere else didnt work out, then the other person couldn't take them or clean out my bank account.

Anonymous

I am not married myself, but both of my sisters are married with kids. One is in a terrific marriage to one hell of a good man. My younger sister is in a miserable situation. Her husband is a dick.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"Is marriage a big deal to you? Are you brainwashed into believing you have to get married? Do you view marriage as success?

I dont care for the idea of being married and I personally dont view being married as being successful (mostly by image) as the divorce rate is so high and many marriages have their bumps.

I didn't get married until I was 36. My wife is the best thing to ever happen to me.

Odinson

I never understood the marriage thing.

A man and a woman can stay together without the wedding.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Odinson"I never understood the marriage thing.

They can, or they can legally be united together as one family as we did.....no regrets.

Superchecker

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"Is marriage a big deal to you? Are you brainwashed into believing you have to get married? Do you view marriage as success?

Celebrating 22 years later this Summer... We've become best friends, we do most everything together. I can't imagine my life without her in it.

We both grew up with alcoholic parents who divorced...
<t></t>

Odinson

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Odinson"I never understood the marriage thing.

They can, or they can legally be united together as one family as we did.....no regrets.

Some people seem to be eager to get married..

Like it was some kind of normal way of being.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Superchecker"

Celebrating 22 years later this Summer... We've become best friends, we do most everything together. I can't imagine my life without her in it.

We both grew up with alcoholic parents who divorced...

I've been married twice. I have a twenty eight year old son from my first old lady. My new old lady is nearly twelve years younger than me, educated, a good lay and makes a shit pot full of money.

@realAzhyaAryola

If one can, try not to be pessimistic about marriage. Truly, one does not know anything about anything until one has gone through it. It works for some and it does not work for some. To the fortunate ones, it is a very fulfilling experience. I suggest that one keep an open mind.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]