Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

A

Amazon rainforest fires have an affect on climate change

Started by Anonymous, August 23, 2019, 07:20:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Odinson"What the hell is happening there...

How is banning brazilian beef gonna help with the fires?

They think that if they don't buy Brazilian agricultural products, they will stop clearing the Amazon for farming.

Odinson

Quote from: "Fashionista"

They think that if they don't buy Brazilian agricultural products, they will stop clearing the Amazon for farming.

But how does it help with the fires?

They seem to be burning uncontrollably.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Odinson"

European leaders are conflating different things and painting Bolsonaro as Mother Earth's enemy.

Gaon

Quote from: "seoulbro"

European leaders are conflating different things and painting Bolsonaro as Mother Earth's enemy.

Leftists never miss an opportunity to exploit disasters for political gain.
The Russian Rock It

Anonymous

Quote from: "Gaon"

French president Macron is sickening.

Anonymous

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"
Quote from: "Gaon"

French president Macron is sickening.

Is he leading the blame Bolsonaro group attack?

Rancidmilko

Alright then...

At least the "20% oxygen" myth seems to be debunked.

Before anything I wanna say that I support protecting the Amazon entirely, but bullshit is bullshit.

Have you people tried to look at the deforestation rates? They have been falling constantly in the last years. This year is being no exception.

Now, let's go to the truth.

1 - This year is being a little drier than the others. And this is also the dry season in the Amazon basin. EVERY YEAR, August and September have more fires in that region.

2 - Most of the land that is burning is grazing land that rested during winter and unfortunately, those fuckers are too lazy and greedy to use the right methods to clean the weeds and tall grass.

3 - Now that the truth is coming up on who was making big cash on the Amazon, they are literally going down on a "blaze of glory". Of course this part is being ignored by your media and mostly here too. But they're already found social media groups that basically scheduled big burns RIGHT after Germany and Norway cut the funding to the Amazon NGOs. They used the excuse that it was because of Bolsonaro's policy, but truth to the fact, the place always had the SAME problem every year. And the fact that both countries are recessions should be a pretty good clue too.

4 - Where was the outrage when a couple years ago, a Norwegian company caused a major spill of toxic aluminum mining in the middle of the Amazon, where was the outage? Where was the anger? All the liberal media? Did you people know that these countries have MAJOR mining operations in the Amazon. At least trees grow back, but how do you fix poisoned land and rivers?

https://www.tnp.no/norway/panorama/toxic-waste-from-norwegian-hydro-amazon-water-brazil">https://www.tnp.no/norway/panorama/toxi ... ter-brazil">https://www.tnp.no/norway/panorama/toxic-waste-from-norwegian-hydro-amazon-water-brazil

And Caskur, you have a big mouth to say Bolsonaro should eat a sniper bullet, but where was your outrage when consortium including a company from YOUR COUNTRY had one of their dams break, killing 19 and destroying entire rivers IN MY STATE, including the one in which I grew up swimming and fishing when I was a kid? Did you get all upset and eco-terrorist too?

http://webdoc.france24.com/brazil-dam-mining-disaster-mariana/">http://webdoc.france24.com/brazil-dam-m ... r-mariana/">http://webdoc.france24.com/brazil-dam-mining-disaster-mariana/

The NGOs burned a lot of fires to create photo ops when they lost the cash from Norway and Germany and you have to be pretty stupid to not see that. They are also going to lose a lot of illegal concessions that were given to them by the previous leftist administrations, so this is far from over yet.

But that weak pussy faggot Macron opening his cock gobbling mouth to say he was going to send troops to the Amazon, ah, my friend, French people will do good in staying away from here from now on.

And instead of talking shit about carbon sinks, clean your own fucking messes instead of using us as a fucking filter. We pollute A LOT LESS than you.

https://www.ucsusa.org/global-warming/science-and-impacts/science/each-countrys-share-of-co2.html">https://www.ucsusa.org/global-warming/s ... f-co2.html">https://www.ucsusa.org/global-warming/science-and-impacts/science/each-countrys-share-of-co2.html
There\'s always a bigger fish.

Anonymous

BALLSONARO, I wouldn't believe the likes of Macron if he had his right hand on a mountain of bibles.

Really good info here. Anything else you can find, I for one would like to see it.

Rancidmilko

Quote from: "seoulbro"BALLSONARO, I wouldn't believe the likes of Macron if he had his right hand on a mountain of bibles.

Really good info here. Anything else you can find, I for one would like to see it.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention his real intentions behind his crusade against Brazil too.

South America and the EU signed a free-trade agreement this year and the french are TERRIFIED of what will happen to their heavily subsidized farms when the influx of cheaper food hits their markets.

The FIRST thing Macron suggested was cancelling the agreement to sanction Brazil, but Merkel and the rest simply said "nah".

The numbers are pretty much telling a different story and all the news outlets here that tried to pass a whole lot of fake news here have already retracted, including Rede Globo, leader of the liberal media onslaught against he current government.

There's a lot of lies going back and forth and Bolsonaro definitely went too lax on his environmental policies and even I disagreed on that, but I knew that the pressure would make him change his mind and he did. The army is already there putting the fires down and much of the burning is dying out with the rains. One "forgotten" effect of the fires is that they tend to increase the rain because of all the particles in suspension and the high humidity of the area.

He knows the economical potential of the forest but he also knows that Brazil needs it as intact as possible.

Anonymous

Quote from: "BALLSONARO"
Quote from: "seoulbro"BALLSONARO, I wouldn't believe the likes of Macron if he had his right hand on a mountain of bibles.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention his real intentions behind his crusade against Brazil too.

South America and the EU signed a free-trade agreement this year and the french are TERRIFIED of what will happen to their heavily subsidized farms when the influx of cheaper food hits their markets.

The FIRST thing Macron suggested was cancelling the agreement to sanction Brazil, but Merkel and the rest simply said "nah".

The numbers are pretty much telling a different story and all the news outlets here that tried to pass a whole lot of fake news here have already retracted, including Rede Globo, leader of the liberal media onslaught against he current government.

There's a lot of lies going back and forth and Bolsonaro definitely went too lax on his environmental policies and even I disagreed on that, but I knew that the pressure would make him change his mind and he did. The army is already there putting the fires down and much of the burning is dying out with the rains. One "forgotten" effect of the fires is that they tend to increase the rain because of all the particles in suspension and the high humidity of the area.

He knows the economical potential of the forest but he also knows that Brazil needs it as intact as possible.

Very interesting BALLSONARO..

The news reporting of the Amazon fires in Canada is giving a very biased view against your president.

Rancidmilko

Very interesting BALLSONARO..

The news reporting of the Amazon fires in Canada is giving a very biased view against your president.

If they're criticizing him for his previous environmental policies, I have to agree with them.

Bolsonaro was too aligned with the cattle ranchers and grain producers from the region, but most of his voters want the Amazon intact.

We knew this was going to come up eventually and it did. And the pressure made him change and he saw that he would lose too much support.

He'll expel the foreign interests and useless NGOs from there, but apparently, he's keeping the projects that had positive results in the past.

Anonymous

If they're criticizing him for his previous environmental policies, I have to agree with them.

Bolsonaro was too aligned with the cattle ranchers and grain producers from the region, but most of his voters want the Amazon intact.

We knew this was going to come up eventually and it did. And the pressure made him change and he saw that he would lose too much support.

He'll expel the foreign interests and useless NGOs from there, but apparently, he's keeping the projects that had positive results in the past.

What are the foreign NGO's pissed off about? All development is bad?

Rancidmilko

Quote from: "Shen Li"

Not the foreign ones, the ones from Brazil.

Amazon has been a mess for 6 or 7 decades now. There's a lot of treasure there, one tree alone might be worth more than those people could make in years by doing the traditional sustainable work they try to push around there, which is basically gathering of some of the fruit and nuts, non-predatory fishing and whatever.

In theory, no one's supposed to cut one single tree without authorization, you can't shoot an animal except for those like the invasive hogs.

But then, you have a green hell that's bigger than you can imagine. When I flew over it, the feeling is that it'll never end, hours flying over nothing but trees and rivers.

So you're gonna have thousands of illegal logging operations, huge trucks carrying one single tree that is worth tens of thousands of dollars overseas are common sight on the illegal roads. From there they cross the border or put in some ship in the river and from there, anywhere in the world.

You have the farms, which border reserves and many times, they can't enforce the property lines.

It's always the same problem here. Not enough people to enforce the laws, way too many thieves and mercenaries.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li"

Not the foreign ones, the ones from Brazil.

Amazon has been a mess for 6 or 7 decades now. There's a lot of treasure there, one tree alone might be worth more than those people could make in years by doing the traditional sustainable work they try to push around there, which is basically gathering of some of the fruit and nuts, non-predatory fishing and whatever.

In theory, no one's supposed to cut one single tree without authorization, you can't shoot an animal except for those like the invasive hogs.

But then, you have a green hell that's bigger than you can imagine. When I flew over it, the feeling is that it'll never end, hours flying over nothing but trees and rivers.

So you're gonna have thousands of illegal logging operations, huge trucks carrying one single tree that is worth tens of thousands of dollars overseas are common sight on the illegal roads. From there they cross the border or put in some ship in the river and from there, anywhere in the world.

You have the farms, which border reserves and many times, they can't enforce the property lines.

It's always the same problem here. Not enough people to enforce the laws, way too many thieves and mercenaries.

It's like the illegal trade in animal parts. As long as there's a market for exotic animals in China, the world population of tigers, rhinos, elephants and sharks will continue to decline.

cc

HOLD THE PHONE!!

https://www.foxnews.com/science/amazon-fires-are-not-burning-earths-lungs">Amazon fires are not exactly burning 'Earth's lungs,' experts say

1. Shanan Peters, a geologist at the University of Wisconsin at Madison, imagined what would happen if we burned every forest, blade of grass, bacteria and bird on Earth -- basically everything except humans -- in a presentation slide at a scientific convention in June.

""After such a catastrophic scenario, the concentration of oxygen in the atmosphere dropped from 20.9 percent to 20.4 percent, acording to The Atlantic.""

"Virtually no change," Peters said. "Generations of humans would live out their lives, breathing the air around them, probably struggling to find food, but not worried about their next breath."

Although the fires pose a danger to the massively biodiverse area, some experts are now offering another view, saying they do not threaten the planet's oxygen supply.

2. According to Scott Denning, professor of atmospheric science at Colorado State University, most of the oxygen that gets produced by photosynthesis each year is consumed by fires and living organisms, with trees shedding dead leaves and twigs that in turn end up feeding insects and microbes.

""Forest plants produce lots of oxygen, and forest microbes consume a lot of oxygen. As a result, net production of oxygen by forests — and indeed, all land plants — is very close to zero,"" Denning explained on Tuesday in a Scientific American essay

cc People are so easily duped ... I suspect in areas where they WANT to be duped
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell