Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 21, 2024, 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

A

Amazon rainforest fires have an affect on climate change

Started by Anonymous, August 23, 2019, 07:20:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

caskur

The same argument can be used on every worker smoking and/or drinking eventually end up with sicknesses needing hospitals costing tax payers millions or billions of $ later on in life... We all have to pay for someone's lung cancer. That sought of thing.

There is no real left or right government... there is only government.

When one side is in and decides to write up a bill, the only time it is passed is when BOTH sides agree...

When the right says, lets raise retirement age from 65 to 67, the left have to vote for it to, or doesn't pass.

In Australia, foreigners who become Aussie citizens end up running the joint...
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

Quote from: "caskur"The same argument can be used on every worker smoking and/or drinking eventually end up with sicknesses needing hospitals costing tax payers millions or billions of $ later on in life... We all have to pay for someone's lung cancer. That sought of thing.

When one side is in and decides to write up a bill, the only time it is passed is when BOTH sides agree...

When the right says, lets raise retirement age from 65 to 67, the left have to vote for it to, or doesn't pass.

We can't fire someone for lifestyle choices, but we can eliminate unnecessary employees from the public payroll..

And I work for the provincial civil service.

caskur

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "caskur"The same argument can be used on every worker smoking and/or drinking eventually end up with sicknesses needing hospitals costing tax payers millions or billions of $ later on in life... We all have to pay for someone's lung cancer. That sought of thing.

We can't fire someone for lifestyle choices, but we can eliminate unnecessary employees from the public payroll..

Yes, from time to time they close unnecessary departments.

On another thing, Virgin Airlines in Australia are going to cull their workforce by 750.... that'll be another 750 people looking for a job. The poor things.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

caskur

How much money does the Canadian Government save with a volunteer services?
- Andy Warhol

caskur

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "sasquatch" and only being propped up by the idiots in montreal and Toronto, because the moronic pollsters are oversampling there. it is going to be one hell of a shock to these pollsters when it is another CPC majority because the people outside of the GTA and montreal want the idiot gone.

I've never been asked my voting intentions by pollsters.

We're on the list because my Mother-in-law is a registered nurse and a leftie... I inherited her phone number so they ring me now. I used to answer their questions and they didn't get a leftie response and would act shocked. Now I just hung up and these days, the speaker is an auto-questioner.
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

Quote from: "caskur"

Yes, from time to time they close unnecessary departments.

On another thing, Virgin Airlines in Australia are going to cull their workforce by 750.... that'll be another 750 people looking for a job. The poor things.

As long as flights are not down and depending on what they do, they can always get another low paying airline industry job. Most jobs in that industry are not mortgage payingjobs.

Anonymous

Quote from: "caskur"How much money does the Canadian Government save with a volunteer services?

Including all benefits, salary and a defined benefit pension plan, i would say they would save tens of billions by cutting the civil service without affecting front line services. They did it in the 90's and were able to eliminate the deficit and lower taxes. But, since then governments have been buying public sector union votes again by hiring unnecessary civil servants.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/federal-public-servants-in-ottawa-on-rise-1.3927997">https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/f ... -1.3927997">https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/federal-public-servants-in-ottawa-on-rise-1.3927997

Federal public service ranks in capital grow to highest level in 7 years

Ottawa federal public service jobs rose by 9,000, while Gatineau saw increase of 5,000 jobs

Anonymous

Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "caskur"How much money does the Canadian Government save with a volunteer services?

Including all benefits, salary and a defined benefit pension plan, i would say they would save tens of billions by cutting the civil service without affecting front line services. They did it in the 90's and were able to eliminate the deficit and lower taxes. But, since then governments have been buying public sector union votes again by hiring unnecessary civil servants.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/federal-public-servants-in-ottawa-on-rise-1.3927997">https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/f ... -1.3927997">https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/federal-public-servants-in-ottawa-on-rise-1.3927997

Ottawa federal public service jobs rose by 9,000, while Gatineau saw increase of 5,000 jobs

is it just me or did federal and provincial services improve with all the cuts in the nineties.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Herman"

is it just me or did federal and provincial services improve with all the cuts in the nineties.

I lived abroad most of the nineties. But, I heard folks paid less for better service.

caskur

Service is pathetic across the board... Government and public.

On the flip side humans these days particularly in the west are savages or behave savagely.
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

Quote from: "caskur"Service is pathetic across the board... Government and public.

On the flip side humans these days particularly in the west are savages or behave savagely.

Anything federal government in this country moves at a glacial pace.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "caskur"Service is pathetic across the board... Government and public.

Anything federal government in this country moves at a glacial pace.

The provinces are more efficient....a little more.

@realAzhyaAryola

In my neck of the woods, we are not too far from forest fires. At least, they are also in our province.  :sad:
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"In my neck of the woods, we are not too far from forest fires. At least, they are also in our province.  :sad:

It wasn't too bad this year. Lots of rain.

Anonymous

Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"In my neck of the woods, we are not too far from forest fires. At least, they are also in our province.  :sad:

There were out of control wild fires near High Level early in summer, but excessive rain took care of those fires.