Last post: Today at 02:06:59 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

I'm bored.

Started by Bricktop, September 02, 2019, 08:05:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bricktop

">

Maybe I'm getting too old.

But forum engagement is losing its appeal to me lately. I derive little pleasure from participation.

It's not about the Cashew...I've dipped my toe in a couple of others recently and felt the same. I feel like I should find a better use of my time.

Whilst I would regard the vast majority of members here as friends in varying degrees, the interaction seems forced and habitual rather than interesting and vibrant. It's the same everywhere.

Perhaps it's time to accept that after all these years the appeal just isn't there any more.

Anonymous

i feel your pain Brick. I was excited about forums again a few months ago and even registered at another forum, like I said I would never do. It quickly lost it's appeal. There are threads I enjoy here and SG, but most don't appeal to me anymore.

It's nothing against the people. I'm just getting bored. Maybe another break is what I need.

Anonymous

I'm sorry to hear that Shen and Brick..

I still enjoy coming here to talk with posters.

Anonymous

I get what SL and old Brick are saying. I was on four forums. I recently trimmed that down to two. My interest in forums comes and goes.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Herman"I get what SL and old Brick are saying. I was on four forums. I recently trimmed that down to two. My interest in forums comes and goes.

I thought about joining VF at one time, but I it's so bad I can't even stand to glance at it.

I'll continue to post here for now. But, I do not want to join any of the competing forums. Like BT said, it's not the answer to boredom.

Odinson

There are several finnish forums that have thousands of active members..

If the media tries to hide the rapists skincolour, then murderinfo is the place to go..

Murderinfo had the murder video before the murder even happened.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Odinson"There are several finnish forums that have thousands of active members..

If the media tries to hide the rapists skincolour, then murderinfo is the place to go..

Um, thanks, but no thanks.

Odinson

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Odinson"There are several finnish forums that have thousands of active members..

Um, thanks, but no thanks.

You dont like murders?

Bricktop

I was even considering that too. But as you've observed it's no answer.

It's been nearly five years here, and nearly 25,000 posts. Wow.

I guess every social interaction grows tired. Forums. Marriage. Girlfriends. Friendships. Clubs and associations.

Also, it's been winter here and too cold to get out and about, so I'm also pretty confined. It just turned spring, so I need to motivate myself to pack the camera and get out in the world again.

Gaon

I get what Bricktop is saying. Since my credentials were recognized in Canada, and I became a foreman, I just do not have the time to post like I used to. And the limited amount of free time I have, my little girl comes first.
The Russian Rock It

Bricktop

I must admit I am surprised that others feel the same way. Something of a revelation.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"I must admit I am surprised that others feel the same way. Something of a revelation.

Not really. Most people have limited time like old Gaon was saying.

Gaon

Quote from: "Bricktop"I must admit I am surprised that others feel the same way. Something of a revelation.

I still like posting here. My problem is that there is not enough time to post as frequently as I did before.
The Russian Rock It

Bricktop

Just a hypothesis, but if memory serves things were a little more vibrant here when we had a more diverse cross section of opinions and socio-political views. We've become homogenised to some extent because those with alternate views to the majority move away for various reasons.

When we had some intelligent debates, it was interesting and engaging. Most of the members now hold a consistent view on many things, and those that don't are not really motivated to engage in debate.

We perhaps need to open the doors a little wider and offer a more open forum where disparate views are welcomed.

Just a thought...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"Just a hypothesis, but if memory serves things were a little more vibrant here when we had a more diverse cross section of opinions and socio-political views. We've become homogenised to some extent because those with alternate views to the majority move away for various reasons.

When we had some intelligent debates, it was interesting and engaging. Most of the members now hold a consistent view on many things, and those that don't are not really motivated to engage in debate.

We perhaps need to open the doors a little wider and offer a more open forum where disparate views are welcomed.

Just a thought...

I'm in total agreement Bricktop..

We have Peaches here and Blurt, but I would like more diversity.