Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 05:21:48 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lokmar

I'm bored.

Started by Bricktop, September 02, 2019, 08:05:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "Gaon"
Quote from: "Bricktop"Some may come to test the water, but when confronted by our rather militant position will probably not remain.

We will only attract alternative thinkers by being less rambunctious towards them.

I would welcome the spirited debates they would bring. But, maybe I am being too aggressive and hostile in my positions without even being aware of it.

Absolutely not Gaon..

There is a lack of diversity of opinion on this forum..

Still, I don't believe we're as one sided as CBT.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"We used to have a centre left poster(eagle) that was not a troll..

I used to be a centre left poster..

Seoul has been saying the same thing to me privately for years..

He has always wanted people to challenge his fiscally conservative views..

SB is a libertarian. They have a prog streak in them.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"I think I'm referring to diversity of intelligent discourse, not a diversity of intellectual capacity. There are some out there with a brain who are quite capable of throwing out alternative opinions using reason and logic. But because we are clearly hostile to their personal beliefs, there is no incentive to join in. We are widely accepted as a right of centre political forum.

I don't think that will change any time soon. Any left of centre views are usually shot down...and I own up to having my finger on the trigger as often as anyone.

But the consequence is a sense of unanimity...and where's the fun in that?

We had an anti prog poster join recently. Sasquatch may have become bored with everyone being of the same opinion or maybe not.

Anonymous

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"
Quote from: "Bricktop"I think I'm referring to diversity of intelligent discourse, not a diversity of intellectual capacity. There are some out there with a brain who are quite capable of throwing out alternative opinions using reason and logic. But because we are clearly hostile to their personal beliefs, there is no incentive to join in. We are widely accepted as a right of centre political forum.

I don't think that will change any time soon. Any left of centre views are usually shot down...and I own up to having my finger on the trigger as often as anyone.

But the consequence is a sense of unanimity...and where's the fun in that?

We had an anti prog poster join recently. Sasquatch may have become bored with everyone being of the same opinion or maybe not.

I think he is more into the flaming.

Gaon

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Bricktop"Some may come to test the water, but when confronted by our rather militant position will probably not remain.

We will only attract alternative thinkers by being less rambunctious towards them.

I would welcome the spirited debates they would bring. But, maybe I am being too aggressive and hostile in my positions without even being aware of it.

Absolutely not Gaon..

There is a lack of diversity of opinion on this forum..

Still, I don't believe we're as one sided as CBT.

But, if a leftist poster joins and I disagree with their positions, I will oppose it. Others may agree with me. You can still have good debates and respectfully disagree.
The Russian Rock It

@realAzhyaAryola

I can never be bored. There is always something to do. I'm painting these days. One day, I'll paint something just for TBC and show it to you.  ac_dance
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

@realAzhyaAryola

Spoiler Alert:

This could wreck the boredom.

WHATCHUDUIN, ASSHOLES???!!!

:laugh3:
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"I can never be bored. There is always something to do. I'm painting these days. One day, I'll paint something just for TBC and show it to you.  ac_dance

As long as the good Lord provides me with barrel wash and badgers to shoot, old Herman will never be bored either.

@realAzhyaAryola

But, if a leftist poster joins and I disagree with their positions, I will oppose it. Others may agree with me. You can still have good debates and respectfully disagree.

i agree with you 100%. I have no problem respectfully disagreeing with anyone. I think the lefties ran off because they can't stand the voices of the right that they were facing day in and day out. It's not our fault they can't stand to read our conservative views or being challenged or not agreeing with their views. I thought they were supposed to be the tolerant lot, eh? Such snowflakes. I have no sympathy for the ones who fled. You don't like what you're hearing or reading so you take off? What cowards. We are better off meeting posters who are mature and who can withstand opposing views.
@realAzhyaAryola

Bricktop

Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"I can never be bored. There is always something to do. I'm painting these days. One day, I'll paint something just for TBC and show it to you.  ac_dance

As long as the good Lord provides me with barrel wash and badgers to shoot, old Herman will never be bored either.

My remarks were more in the context of forum activity...and as I said, being cooped up in the cold weather doesn't help. Someone just described it to me as "forum burnout" and I think that is a very accurate description.

My single malts look after me.

Oh, and the kids and grandkids...

caskur

My neighbor is not only Jeremy Corbyn's sister in law but a dear friend of mine of the last 30 years...

last night she was seriously distressed I didn't share her view the Sri Lankan family should stay.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

caskur

Quote from: "Odinson"The place is stale..

I dont mean the people are stale... But the discussion is a bit stale because we are all like minded.

I have Netflix now....

No need to get bored.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

caskur

Quote from: "Herman"

ffs why are you shooting badgers...?

just stop doing bad things... just stop.
- Andy Warhol

caskur

Nice weather is on the way BT...

hang in there.
- Andy Warhol

Bricktop

Sun's out today...

But more cold weather is on the way.