Last post: Today at 02:06:59 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

I'm bored.

Started by Bricktop, September 02, 2019, 08:05:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "caskur"
Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"I can never be bored. There is always something to do. I'm painting these days. One day, I'll paint something just for TBC and show it to you.  ac_dance

As long as the good Lord provides me with barrel wash and badgers to shoot, old Herman will never be bored either.

ffs why are you shooting badgers...?

just stop doing bad things... just stop.

They eat ground squirrels. They dig huge holes to get at them. My cattle and the old lady's horse could step in it and break their legs. Besides, they have gotten into my chicken coop and killed dozens of them. I see badgers, they die.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"Just a hypothesis, but if memory serves things were a little more vibrant here when we had a more diverse cross section of opinions and socio-political views. We've become homogenised to some extent because those with alternate views to the majority move away for various reasons.

When we had some intelligent debates, it was interesting and engaging. Most of the members now hold a consistent view on many things, and those that don't are not really motivated to engage in debate.

We perhaps need to open the doors a little wider and offer a more open forum where disparate views are welcomed.

Just a thought...

I have been saying this for a couple of years.

https://thebluecashew.net/the-blue-cashew-f2/urgent-position-vacancy-centre-left-poster-t7591.html?hilit=Mr%20Seoulbro%20left%20wing%20poster">https://thebluecashew.net/the-blue-cashew-f2/urgent-position-vacancy-centre-left-poster-t7591.html?hilit=Mr%20Seoulbro%20left%20wing%20poster

Bricktop

We've become sedentary and staid. We're stuck in a rut, in my view, and the only difference between a rut and the grave is the depth of the hole.

We've either repelled or rejected people who stood on their beliefs, whether we agreed or not. I respected Romero and Scouse not for their views but for their commitment to them.

I suspect many here would argue strenuously for freedom of speech. It is a core belief.

Yet are we not, as a collective, as culpable as those on the left we decry for stifling that right to speak your mind without fear or favour?

Our uniformity has, as with all uniformity, become tedium. We've become fixated on bird photos and barrel wash.

We're no different to other forums...and that is our mistake. We SHOULD be different. We should not be like Cindys Been Tripping. We should not be like SG (with no disrespect to either of those two venues). We should attract new faces because we are DIFFERENT, not because we are the SAME.

And being different means embracing all views and all kinds of people. We've become monochrome in a world of colour, and it serves us no benefit.

I'm B O R E D.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"We've become sedentary and staid. We're stuck in a rut, in my view, and the only difference between a rut and the grave is the depth of the hole.

We've either repelled or rejected people who stood on their beliefs, whether we agreed or not. I respected Romero and Scouse not for their views but for their commitment to them.

I suspect many here would argue strenuously for freedom of speech. It is a core belief.

Yet are we not, as a collective, as culpable as those on the left we decry for stifling that right to speak your mind without fear or favour?

Our uniformity has, as with all uniformity, become tedium. We've become fixated on bird photos and barrel wash.

We're no different to other forums...and that is our mistake. We SHOULD be different. We should not be like Cindys Been Tripping. We should not be like SG (with no disrespect to either of those two venues). We should attract new faces because we are DIFFERENT, not because we are the SAME.

And being different means embracing all views and all kinds of people. We've become monochrome in a world of colour, and it serves us no benefit.

I'm B O R E D.

I respected Romero until the end when he stopped putting any effort into his posts/threads. Before he left, he spammed the board with memes to the point we looked like CBT. Scouse, on the other hand, is a weak willed nutjob who can't take what he dishes out. He was not ran off. He left because nobody here would take him seriously, nor should they.

We can be different without surrendering our principles. I am a liberty loving, fiscal hawk. I will defend those principles against anyone. If someone is incapable of defending their position, that is their problem, not mine. They are free to leave, but I would prefer they stay and stand up for what they believe in.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"We've become sedentary and staid. We're stuck in a rut, in my view, and the only difference between a rut and the grave is the depth of the hole.

I'm B O R E D.

What do you suggest we could have done differently with old Scouse. Forget Romero, he decided to leave no matter what we did.

Anonymous

What do you suggest we could have done differently with old Scouse. Forget Romero, he decided to leave no matter what we did.

SCOUSE left because I am a Christian Zionist..

Until he left here and posted his meltdown, I never thought he was serious about his entirely serious about his conspiracy theories..

I've never met anyone like SCOUSE on any forum, and I didn't give him the respect I would other posters because I thought he was trolling right to the end..

I was wrong, and I alone should be blamed for his leaving.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"

Until he left here and posted his meltdown, I never thought he was serious about his entirely serious about his conspiracy theories..

I've never met anyone like SCOUSE on any forum, and I didn't give him the respect I would other posters because I thought he was trolling right to the end..

I made fun of him, and I have no regrets about it. He is unworthy of respect.

Bricktop

Quote from: "seoulbro"

We can be different without surrendering our principles.

Which principles are they?

Yours?

Mine?

Scouse's?

That, to me, is the core of the problem. We have become so innately "principled" that we've in effect become narrow minded.

A forum should not have principles. Individual members certainly should...but a forum should be utterly neutral on the issue of "right" and "wrong".

We are now sanitised to the point of lacking any real purpose or reason to exist.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"

We can be different without surrendering our principles.

Which principles are they?

Yours?

Mine?

Scouse's?

That, to me, is the core of the problem. We have become so innately "principled" that we've in effect become narrow minded.

A forum should not have principles. Individual members certainly should...but a forum should be utterly neutral on the issue of "right" and "wrong".

We are now sanitised to the point of lacking any real purpose or reason to exist.

I mean mine as an individual. As I said, I am a liberty loving fiscal hawk. I will not water that down.

You want all guns banned. That is one of your core principles. I would not expect you to water that down even if there were ten Mel's or Renees here.

Bricktop

Exactly...but MY principles on gun control are not the forum's principles on gun control. They are mine. And mine alone if I read the contrary posts correctly.

But were I of, shall we say, meaker disposition, then finding no support for my position and being constantly dogpiled when I raise the issue, I may be inclined to take my business elsewhere.

On the other hand, my position generates posts and views and much discussion. That is a GOOD thing. Nobody agrees with me, but that is not important. I will continue to raise awareness of this insanity and everyone is free to ignore my threads. But they don't because they want to have their say.

This is what we need more of.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"Exactly...but MY principles on gun control are not the forum's principles on gun control. They are mine. And mine alone if I read the contrary posts correctly.

But were I of, shall we say, meaker disposition, then finding no support for my position and being constantly dogpiled when I raise the issue, I may be inclined to take my business elsewhere.

On the other hand, my position generates posts and views and much discussion. That is a GOOD thing. Nobody agrees with me, but that is not important. I will continue to raise awareness of this insanity and everyone is free to ignore my threads. But they don't because they want to have their say.

This is what we need more of.

That is good that you have the intestinal fortitude to stand your ground and defend your position on guns. Scouse is incapable of defending his decision to have bangers and mash instead of beans on toast.

Bricktop

That is good that you have the intestinal fortitude to stand your ground and defend your position on guns.

It is not so much fortitude, but the acceptance that I am right and everyone else is wrong.

:sm(36):

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"

I made fun of him, and I have no regrets about it. He is unworthy of respect.

I post with Scouse at another forum. He is as weak as a kitten.

Berry Sweet

I was bored too, so I sparked a spliff. Good times!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"I was bored too, so I sparked a spliff. Good times!

:confused1: