Replies: 10413
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 02:03:25 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lokmar

A

Canadian agriculture sector has very real immigration needs

Started by Anonymous, October 27, 2019, 02:26:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Zetsu

Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "Zetsu"
Quote from: "seoulbro"
Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "Berry Sweet"Am I the only one who thinks its pathetic that Canada brings in immigrants to pick fruit for cheap labour...same goes for stuffing in these people to work at Tim Hortons...have you walked into any Tim Hortons lately? Its like immigration land...and to be honest, none of them look happy.

No Canadian wants to do it. They come here for three weeks every year and return home. If you got a better idea, let's hear it.

I don't know what the alternative to TFW's would be.

What Berry said about Timmy's franchises is an entirely different matter.

I think this is the best option for both employer and employee, I mean Hong Kong has done it and never have to deal with the immigrant mess like in Canada or Europe.

Hong Kong has TFW's too. But, mainland migrants are filling employment gaps

I remember my brother once told me a Filipino maid in HK makes more then a PLA soldier recruit in mainland China.  But with the minimum wage increase by the CCP during the past 5-8 years, the gap should have shrunk or even up by now, but still a maids job is still a lot more comfortable than living at the boot camp.
Permanently off his rocker

Odinson

Quote from: "Odinson"We have a mushroom industry..

But they pay like 3 cents per shroom... They can pick them by themselves.

The industry is whining that lazy finnish dogs are not interested in work..

Lol, the wage for the average Thai berry picker is 8x of what they make back in Thailand, they say about 40 euros a day.

The house takes a cut..

Gasoline, housing, food comes out of that extraordinary paycheck..

At least in Finland.

Anonymous

Is HK turning to China to fill jobs SE Asians used to do?

Zetsu

Quote from: "seoulbro"Is HK turning to China to fill jobs SE Asians used to do?

Usually Filipino and Indonesians only do the maid work, while Pakistani tend to work in the construction industry since HKers are too chicken to do the job lol, and Indians usually work in security, etc.  But to answer the question the domestic workers has always been only fulfilled by South East Asian for some reason.

Zetsu

Quote from: "Odinson"

Lol, the wage for the average Thai berry picker is 8x of what they make back in Thailand, they say about 40 euros a day.

The house takes a cut..

At least in Finland.

I'm sure they have a way to cut expenses, maybe 6 people can rent a dorm room for the season, in just 2 days they can pay off the monthly rent, and a day for a whole month of transportation cost and just eat the stuff they pick for the season, lol.  ac_cool

Anonymous

Usually Filipino and Indonesians only do the maid work, while Pakistani tend to work in the construction industry since HKers are too chicken to do the job lol, and Indians usually work in security, etc.  But to answer the question the domestic workers has always been only fulfilled by South East Asian for some reason.

I thought HK was issuing most of those visas to mainland Chinese, but I was wrong.

Zetsu

I thought HK was issuing most of those visas to mainland Chinese, but I was wrong.

Though I haven't lived in HK long enough to be sure, but I assume the number 1 reason is the insane rent cost there that discourage anyone from the mainland to work in HK, not to mention HKers are nothing but asswipes.  :laugh:

Anonymous

Though I haven't lived in HK long enough to be sure, but I assume the number 1 reason is the insane rent cost there that discourage anyone from the mainland to work in HK, not to mention HKers are nothing but asswipes.  :laugh:

Don't hold back, what do you really think of Hong Kongers Zetsu.

:laugh:

Zetsu

Quote from: "Fashionista"

Don't hold back, what do you really think of Hong Kongers Zetsu.

:laugh:

Stingy x gold diggers, bitchy, love to stereotype based on just 1 or 2 examples, jumping to conclusions, can't tell the difference between their ass and a hole in the ground, ignorant, arrogant, bleeding cowards, extremely racist, highest population density of assholes in the world.  ac_blush

Odinson

The house takes a cut..

At least in Finland.

I'm sure they have a way to cut expenses, maybe 6 people can rent a dorm room for the season, in just 2 days they can pay off the monthly rent, and a day for a whole month of transportation cost and just eat the stuff they pick for the season, lol.  ac_cool

The point was that there is no real need for work based immigration...

Just a need for a slave laborforce..

Anonymous

The house takes a cut..

At least in Finland.

Foreign workers in Canada are entitled to the same labour protections as citizens and permanent residents.

Zetsu

The house takes a cut..

At least in Finland.

Lol it's called supply and demand nor the stone age.  Being entitled and lazy will get you and others no where.

Anonymous

The house takes a cut..

At least in Finland.

Foreign workers in Canada are entitled to the same labour protections as citizens and permanent residents.

But, they can't quit their job. Their visas are tied to their employer.

Zetsu

Quote from: "Velvet"

The house takes a cut..

At least in Finland.

I haven't heard of this before, though I'm not too familiar can't they just apply for a new visa under another employer?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Velvet"

The house takes a cut..

At least in Finland.

I haven't heard of this before, though I'm not too familiar can't they just apply for a new visa under another employer?

Old Velvet is right about that.