Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:42:32 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Aryan

A

Canadian agriculture sector has very real immigration needs

Started by Anonymous, October 27, 2019, 02:26:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "Zetsu"Honestly it's not rocket science Odinson, either learn some valuable useful skills not much people have, get a degree, or invest and start your own business... or else expect yourself to be fighting against the billions of 3rd world cheap labour out there for the sake of left over scrap.

Unfortunately, that will be even more true in the future as technology replaces workers and the global population grows.

Anonymous

Quote from: "caskur"In the old days they didn't use immigrant labour... they exploited their own children in slave labour and didn't pay them.

I have no time for farmers. Fuck farmers.

They inherited a farm and all machinery paid for..

That's hardly being exploited.

Anonymous

Quote from: "caskur"In the old days they didn't use immigrant labour... they exploited their own children in slave labour and didn't pay them.

a

I have no time for farmers. Fuck farmers.

Grain and stock raising don't need much man power. Produce farming does.

I was not exploited as a kid. I had mini bikes, an atc, and when I tuned sixteen, a truck. Why? Because I worked for it on my parent's farm. I would never trade that for city life.

Odinson

Quote from: "Zetsu"Honestly it's not rocket science Odinson, either learn some valuable useful skills not much people have, get a degree, or invest and start your own business... or else expect yourself to be fighting against the billions of 3rd world cheap labour out there for the sake of left over scrap.

I do understand what you are saying..

What kind of work do you do?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Zetsu"
Quote from: "Odinson"
Quote from: "Herman"Odinson, are you on the frickin dole. There aint no honour in that.

For what its worth.. I have no debt and I dont live on the dole.

Just not okay with bringing in cheap labor... It undermines worker rights.

Soon we will be back in the coal mines working for a loaf of bread per day.

You should read the article, they're only bringing in workers to fulfill tasks that no Canadians want to do b/c the sales/profit are too low to pay the workers in a luxury manner.

Link?

Zetsu

My family runs a garment supplier business of over a thousand employees and I run a customized apparel store and do graphics design.
Permanently off his rocker

Zetsu

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"
Quote from: "Herman"Odinson, are you on the frickin dole. There aint no honour in that.

You should read the article, they're only bringing in workers to fulfill tasks that no Canadians want to do b/c the sales/profit are too low to pay the workers in a luxury manner.

Link?

It's in the OP article.

Anonymous

My family runs a garment supplier business of over a thousand employees and I run a customized apparel store and do graphics design.

Is that all.

:laugh:

Zetsu

Quote from: "Fashionista"

Is that all.

lol yep, since I've decided to abandon ecommerce and Herman was right the whole time, lol I should have taken his advice sooner.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"

Is that all.

lol yep, since I've decided to abandon ecommerce and Herman was right the whole time, lol I should have taken his advice sooner.

Ah shit, that is too bad brother. That is a tough business these days, but still.

Anonymous

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"

Link?

It's in the OP article.

Of course.

Odinson

Yes but what is useful.. Your skills suffer an inflation if the market is flooded with cheap people with similar skills.

Guys that work in mines, drilling for soil samples etc... They get good pay..

But if you think about it... You could hire 3rd worlders to do that with only a fraction of the pay..

The job market and salaries get destabilized because a certain part of the world is lagging behind in human rights..

Odinson

Fashies job aint valuable...

We can hire a little taiwanese girl to do her job for crappy pay.

Anonymous

Yes but what is useful.. Your skills suffer an inflation if the market is flooded with cheap people with similar skills.

But if you think about it... You could hire 3rd worlders to do that with only a fraction of the pay..

The job market and salaries get destabilized because a certain part of the world is lagging behind in human rights..

Even in third world countries, there are people with good jobs and good lives. If you want to have a comfortable living, it aint happening if a person works at Starbucks.

Odinson

Quote from: "Herman"

Even in third world countries, there are people with good jobs and good lives. If you want to have a comfortable living, it aint happening if a person works at Starbucks.

Of course... But they still get paid like 10 bucks per hour.. Its enough..

But what is happening is that some cheap construction worker steals jobs from local construction workers..

Now... a new apartment building has cracks on the walls because the foundation has been laid by nikkuzz..

Nikku got all kinds of papers from a Jamaican school.