News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 8487
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 09:44:22 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lokmar

That is awful. I hear law enforcement wants to shut you down.

Started by Anonymous, January 11, 2020, 12:36:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "Mel"
Quote from: "Guest"
Nice.

Tell me, I'm interested. Do you regard Taiwan as its own sovereign nation or part of the Peoples Republic of China?

She does.

Other Asians here do not...

Uhm, "she does" what? Regards Taiwan as as its own sovereign nation? Or regards Taiwan as part of the Peoples Republic of China?

Not that it's any of my business of course, nor does it confer legitimacy on her claim whatever she makes of it. I just figured it might make for a pleasant diversion from all the faux-flamer bickering that's been going on here.

Anonymous

Forgive me, as I'm busy drinking and demolishing...

Fash considers Taiwan it's own separate entity.

Frood

Taiwan is Taiwan. China has got rocks in its head if they think Taiwan is theirs...
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Mel"Forgive me, as I'm busy drinking and demolishing...

Fash considers Taiwan it's own separate entity.

I figured as much, was just making sure. And I'm not surprised to learn there are others here who think differently. Similar divisions are apparent between Australia and Norfolk Island (which Australia has been trying to get its hooks into for years in spite of local opposition to any moves in that direction).

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Fashionista":dash1:
Quote from: "Fashionista"I've heard of you, hello.

ac_hithere

Hello. Again. I apologise in advance for not living up to the tales that you've been told about me.

Glad you found our little corner of the internet.

No worries. At least this time around I have yet to encounter any unexplained "this IP has been banned" messages. Happy to see guest posting reopened too, with Infinitychan down the gurgler for the heinousness of hosting real life Fortnight gameplays in New Zealand's mosques, it's nice to know there's still places about where people can shitpost at each other without having to bother registering for the privilege.

Hope your trip to Taiwan was all it could have been.  ac_smile

We're keeping this place a guest posting free for all..

I enjoy it too..

I'm going to Taiwan January 25.

Nice.

Tell me, I'm interested. Do you regard Taiwan as its own sovereign nation or part of the Peoples Republic of China?

I absolutely consider Taiwan a country..

Article One of the Instrument of Surrender did transfer sovereignty of Taiwan to the Republic of China..

Chiang Kai Shek accepted the surrender of the Japanese on behalf of the victorious USA..

Retrocession Day in Taiwan has no legal basis..

Taiwan's official title is the Republic of China, but the ROC has been exercising effective territorial control over Taiwan....no treaty transferred sovereignty to Chiang's regime..

Taiwan has de facto independence and used to have a seat at the UN until 1971..

It has indirect relations with other countries through Taipei trade offices abroad..

I rarely get into this because Shen Li is from mainland China and she's an ultra nationalist.

Anonymous

ac_hithere

Hello. Again. I apologise in advance for not living up to the tales that you've been told about me.

No worries. At least this time around I have yet to encounter any unexplained "this IP has been banned" messages. Happy to see guest posting reopened too, with Infinitychan down the gurgler for the heinousness of hosting real life Fortnight gameplays in New Zealand's mosques, it's nice to know there's still places about where people can shitpost at each other without having to bother registering for the privilege.

I enjoy it too..

Nice.

Article One of the Instrument of Surrender did transfer sovereignty of Taiwan to the Republic of China..

Chiang Kai Shek accepted the surrender of the Japanese on behalf of the victorious USA..

Taiwan's official title is the Republic of China, but the ROC has been exercising effective territorial control over Taiwan....no treaty transferred sovereignty to Chiang's regime..

It has indirect relations with other countries through Taipei trade offices abroad..

I rarely get into this because Shen Li is from mainland China and she's an ultra nationalist.

...so legally speaking, which one is 'The Real China', Fashionista?

When Chiang was the ruler of mainland China prior to 1949, was it called 'The Republic of China'?

Anonymous

ac_hithere

I enjoy it too..

Nice.

When Chiang was the ruler of mainland China prior to 1949, was it called 'The Republic of China'?

The PRC is the real China..

Neither the ROC or the PRC ever had legal sovereignty over Taiwan..

The ROC exercised effective territorial control..

Taiwan isn't Chinese..

If Shen Li see this, she'll have a fit.

Anonymous

Heheh, yeah well you know what they say about "opinions". And for what it's worth, thanks for sharing yours.

Anonymous

ac_hithere

I enjoy it too..

Nice.

Taiwan isn't Chinese..

So r u a Native aboriginal Taiwanese or a descendant of Chinese nationalist who fled mainland china in 1949?

Anonymous

I'm a descendant of the Southern Fujianese brought across the straits by the Dutch in the seventeenth century..

We're about seventy per cent of the population of Taiwan.

Anonymous

ac_hithere

I enjoy it too..

Nice.

Taiwan isn't Chinese..

You're a brainwashed tool of the West and Japan. Taiwan has ALWAYS been an integral part of the motherland.  acc_angry

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Is Alticus a dick sucking fairy? (answer is opposite of no):
spell bacon backwards with the first letter capitalized:
911 was an attack on what city (spell out lower case two words):
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview