News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10554
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 11:33:35 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Aylana

COVID-19 >> New Drug Activity & VACCINE TRACKING!!

Started by cc, January 26, 2020, 09:18:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 7 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

The Alberta government says it expects to have a decision by next month about whether to offer COVID-19 vaccine booster shots to people with compromised immune systems.

Anonymous

Canadian provinces should make Regeneron, the monoclonal antibody treatment available to all who catch the virus.

Gaon

I have relatives in Israel that have received their third vaccine dose.
The Russian Rock It

Anonymous

COVID-19 vaccine effectiveness in Alberta by vaccine manufacturer

Vaccine   Vaccine Effectiveness: Partial                    Vaccine Effectiveness: Complete

AstraZeneca   61% (58 to 63%)                                    88% (80 to 93%)

Moderna   81% (80 to 82%)                                            92% (89 to 93%)

Pfizer   75% (74 to 76%)                                            90% (89 to 91%)

Anonymous

As of today, about fifteen per cent of new cases are fully vaccinated.

Anonymous

From Alberta

Variant of Concern   Vaccine Effectiveness: Partial                    Vaccine Effectiveness: Complete

B.1.1.7 UK Variant   76% (75 to 77%)                                           91% (89 to 92%)

B.1.617 Variant   57% (51 to 63%)                                                   85% (78 to 89%)

P1 Brazilian Variant   72% (67 to 76%)                                           89% (82 to 93%)

Anonymous

What is worrisome is about fourteen per cent of people hospitalized with COVID have been fully vaccinated..

I can't find data from Alberta regarding ICU.

cc

Israel's booster jab is officially extended to those 40 and over.

BC is stepping back in the highly infectious Okanagan Interior  ,, moving it back to step 2

I expect as numbers rise this will soon become the norm most everywhere
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

I don't expect to get my booster before our trip to Europe.....if we're allowed to go.

cc

Right. While boosters will for sure start soon in Canada, it will start with elders (similar to first go-round)

It could go faster as there will not be much competition of 2 shots to get into arms .. some on first, some on second

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=418668 time=1629500809 user_id=88
Right. While boosters will for sure start soon in Canada, it will start with elders (similar to first go-round)

It could go faster as there will not be much competition of 2 shots to get into arms .. some on first, some on second

They have to approve it, and it seems that is almost a certainty.

cc

https://www.theepochtimes.com/mkt_morningbrief/15-monoclonal-antibody-sites-to-be-operational-in-florida-by-weekend_3956497.html?utm_source=Morningbrief&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=mb-2021-08-21&mktids=878680cb77cb3b10dc261c6c35c3a1dd&est=XjHc6WvrfU8cCYV37RKnbKeM1W0ztamI%2B%2FH0FouawI%2FNoq7i%2B%2BuQgHwUJA%3D%3D">15 Monoclonal Antibody Sites to Be Operational in Florida by Weekend

PUNTA GORDA, Fla.—Florida Governor Ron DeSantis is racing through the state to facilitate the opening of monoclonal antibody sites. It is estimated that a total of 15 centers will be open in Florida by Saturday with more scheduled to open next week.

https://img.theepochtimes.com/assets/uploads/2021/08/04/GettyImages-1328546869-700x420.jpg">

Florida State Senator Wilton Simpson was with the governor and his staff at a press conference on Thursday afternoon in Pasco County where another site had just been set up and awaiting patients. Simpson said he had contracted COVID-19 in December and knew that the monoclonal antibodies treatment was available. However, at the time he received the treatment, it was by doctor's referral only.

"I can tell you that the treatment works," Simpson said. "I was feeling better within 48 hours of the treatment."

Florida Governor Ron DeSantis told reporters on Thursday that there is currently a standing order in Florida signed by the State Surgeon General, Dr. Scott A. Rivkees that allows patients to receive the treatment without a prescription or referral if administered by an eligible health care provider.

DeSantis said there was some confusion about the cost of the treatment and misinformation had been relayed and he hoped by attending the openings of the facilities he could dispel the erroneous information being put forth.

"Referrals are not required at any of the State of Florida monoclonal antibody treatment sites," DeSantis said. "These treatments are available at no cost to patients. Don't believe anyone that says they are going to cost thousands of dollars."

DeSantis explained that after then President Trump received the monoclonal antibodies treatment the federal government at his direction "bought the lot" of antibodies treatment as to make it available to everyone who wanted it.

Anonymous

If we had supplies of that here we could make COVID like a seasonal flu.

Anonymous

https://scontent.fyxd1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.6435-9/233209543_134498068868338_4272893150665471910_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=tJUw0DFSvMkAX8q3oQV&tn=ovHDWvA2rXUrAHS5&_nc_ht=scontent.fyxd1-1.fna&oh=0af32e20ed4e682c86d1d200970855d7&oe=6145ED0B">

Anonymous

Invermectin is for horses??

Mississippi health officials warn against using ivermectin for COVID-19 after surge in poisoning calls

Mississippi public health officials warned the public against ingesting ivermectin, a drug meant for horses, to combat COVID-19 after a surge in poisoning calls involving the drug, The Hill reported.

A letter from State Epidemiologist Paul Byers said that more than 70% of recent calls to the Mississippi Poison Control Center were related to the ingestion of ivermectin.

Animal drugs are highly concentrated for large animals and can be highly toxic in humans," Byers said in the letter, according to The Hill.

"Patients should be advised to not take any medications intended to treat animals and should be instructed to only take ivermectin as prescribed by their physician," he added.

The medication is intended to be used as a horse dewormer and the FDA has warned that using any medication for an unapproved use can be dangerous.

Byers said that there had been no hospitalizations from ivermectin ingestion, but he listed the symptoms that could arise from misuse including rashes, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, and neurologic disorders.

He reported that 85% of the cases reported of poisoning involving ivermectin led to mild symptoms.

The letter was sent to Mississippi's physicians, hospitals, emergency rooms, and other medical professionals.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/mississippi-ivermectin-covid19-vaccine-surge?utm_source=theblaze-dailyAM&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Daily-Newsletter__AM%202021-08-22&utm_term=ACTIVE%20LIST%20-%20TheBlaze%20Daily%20AM">https://www.theblaze.com/news/mississip ... Daily%20AM">https://www.theblaze.com/news/mississippi-ivermectin-covid19-vaccine-surge?utm_source=theblaze-dailyAM&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Daily-Newsletter__AM%202021-08-22&utm_term=ACTIVE%20LIST%20-%20TheBlaze%20Daily%20AM