The best topic

Replies: 10379
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 06:23:03 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

if one gets back the consciousness with memory lost

Started by jaysings, September 25, 2013, 01:16:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

jaysings

A grown person gets back the consciousness with memory lost after having involved in a severe car collision. The question is that will this person forget the second language he/she learned in secondary school?

Anonymous

Quote from: "jaysings"A grown person gets back the consciousness with memory lost after having involved in a severe car collision. The question is that will this person forget the second language he/she learned in secondary school?

Neurocognitive functions can be restored after swelling goes down, but I don't believe a blow to the head can restore long term memory loss.

Anonymous

Quote from: "jaysings"A grown person gets back the consciousness with memory lost after having involved in a severe car collision. The question is that will this person forget the second language he/she learned in secondary school?

You want to start talking like an annoying teenaged airhead??

jaysings

Quote from: "seoulbro"

Neurocognitive functions can be restored after swelling goes down, but I don't believe a blow to the head can restore long term memory loss.

no, I didn't mean that a blow to the head can restore the lost memory, but I questioned that will loss of memory negatively influence the second language a person learnt in secondary school.

jaysings

Quote from: "Shen Li"

You want to start talking like an annoying teenaged airhead??

I'm wondering if losing the second language is a part of the memory which is lost after one suffered from a severe car collision. it makes sense for some reasons because we have to memorize anything while learning a new language.

Anonymous

Quote from: "jaysings"
Quote from: "seoulbro"

no, I didn't mean that a blow to the head can restore the lost memory, but I questioned that will loss of memory negatively influence the second language a person learnt in secondary school.

Vocabulary loss and communication deficits may result.

Berry Sweet

There is no right or wrong answer for that question.  Anything is possible.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"There is no right or wrong answer for that question.  Anything is possible.

I would think that is the case too..

Hi Ms. Berry Sweet, nice to see you around again.

:)

Annie

Speaking from personal experience of having a brain injury, yes it is completely possible and it does happen. For me, I've lost the memory of some words at certain times during conversations.  I had brain surgery 8 years ago. I had completed courses in bookkeeping, accounting, spreadsheets, English Literature, all when I went to College in my 20's. Much of that is gone :-(  I've also lost many memories, good and bad. I'm missing pieces of my childhood and early adulthood. It can be very frustrating. Lucky for me my hubby knows my whole life story and often reminds me and tries to jog my memory.  And I always took lots of pictures of our kids, so that helps too.  Regaining your memory is very hard :-(
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Anonymous

Quote from: "Annie"Speaking from personal experience of having a brain injury, yes it is completely possible and it does happen. For me, I've lost the memory of some words at certain times during conversations.  I had brain surgery 8 years ago. I had completed courses in bookkeeping, accounting, spreadsheets, English Literature, all when I went to College in my 20's. Much of that is gone :-(  I've also lost many memories, good and bad. I'm missing pieces of my childhood and early adulthood. It can be very frustrating. Lucky for me my hubby knows my whole life story and often reminds me and tries to jog my memory.  And I always took lots of pictures of our kids, so that helps too.  Regaining your memory is very hard :-(

Holy fuck Annie, I never knew that about you?? I am very, very sorry to hear this. You sure have a good cheerful attitude despite it.

Do you mind if I ask if it was medical or was it due to trauma?

Annie

It was a brain tumor called a pituitary adenoma that grew so quickly that my doctor didn't realize and it almost killed me.  I found out about it 3 months after my Dad died of brain cancer. We went on a trip to Disney World shortly after I found out but hubby and I kept it under wraps till after our trip. We didn't want to ruin it for the kids.  It wasn't till after we got back that we realized it had grown and my brain was swelling.  I do try to stay positive because I wasn't supposed to make it or at the least I should of been a vegetable from all the swelling and damage.  I am very lucky and greatful to be alive.   I have come across people since then have been supportive but also people who can be so mean.  I've had people ask me if I'm this stupid in real life. I've been called "dumb" and been accused of riding the disability system when they think I should be working. I also have a degenerative bone and muscle disease that's not only painful every day but limits me from doing so many thing because I don't want to break any more bones, especially my back and hip again :-(
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Anonymous

Quote from: "Annie"It was a brain tumor called a pituitary adenoma that grew so quickly that my doctor didn't realize and it almost killed me.  I found out about it 3 months after my Dad died of brain cancer. We went on a trip to Disney World shortly after I found out but hubby and I kept it under wraps till after our trip. We didn't want to ruin it for the kids.  It wasn't till after we got back that we realized it had grown and my brain was swelling.  I do try to stay positive because I wasn't supposed to make it or at the least I should of been a vegetable from all the swelling and damage.  I am very lucky and greatful to be alive.   I have come across people since then have been supportive but also people who can be so mean.  I've had people ask me if I'm this stupid in real life. I've been called "dumb" and been accused of riding the disability system when they think I should be working. I also have a degenerative bone and muscle disease that's not only painful every day but limits me from doing so many thing because I don't want to break any more bones, especially my back and hip again :-(

OMIGOD!! You have had more than your share of health issues. People that make fun of you should be shot.

Annie

Haha, ya I wish I could of reached into my computer and slapped them upside the head. This was mainly from a couple dough heads on the vancouver forum. Just rude and ignorant, I guess.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Annie"Haha, ya I wish I could of reached into my computer and slapped them upside the head. This was mainly from a couple dough heads on the vancouver forum. Just rude and ignorant, I guess.

Yes, trolls are the reason I don't post there anymore.

Odinson

My father suffered a severe blow to the head a while ago and he thought he still had young children.

The weird part was that he said my sister and I were born in the 19th century.

He is almost completely normal except he is more loving and relaxed now.