The best topic

Replies: 10385
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 10:06:23 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Erica Mena

if one gets back the consciousness with memory lost

Started by jaysings, September 25, 2013, 01:16:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Gary Oak

Quote from: "Annie"It was a brain tumor called a pituitary adenoma that grew so quickly that my doctor didn't realize and it almost killed me.  I found out about it 3 months after my Dad died of brain cancer. We went on a trip to Disney World shortly after I found out but hubby and I kept it under wraps till after our trip. We didn't want to ruin it for the kids.  It wasn't till after we got back that we realized it had grown and my brain was swelling.  I do try to stay positive because I wasn't supposed to make it or at the least I should of been a vegetable from all the swelling and damage.  I am very lucky and greatful to be alive.   I have come across people since then have been supportive but also people who can be so mean.  I've had people ask me if I'm this stupid in real life. I've been called "dumb" and been accused of riding the disability system when they think I should be working. I also have a degenerative bone and muscle disease that's not only painful every day but limits me from doing so many thing because I don't want to break any more bones, especially my back and hip again :-(

Are you alright now?

Annie

I fight it every day, and do exercises like yoga and stretching and swimming, hot tub. Some days are better than others while some days I can't or just don't want to even get out of bed. But if I give up and don't fight this, I will be in a wheel chair soon and that would just suck. I find the opinions and judgement of others to hurt more.  Just being alive is alright :-)
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Anonymous

Quote from: "Annie"It was a brain tumor called a pituitary adenoma that grew so quickly that my doctor didn't realize and it almost killed me.  I found out about it 3 months after my Dad died of brain cancer. We went on a trip to Disney World shortly after I found out but hubby and I kept it under wraps till after our trip. We didn't want to ruin it for the kids.  It wasn't till after we got back that we realized it had grown and my brain was swelling.  I do try to stay positive because I wasn't supposed to make it or at the least I should of been a vegetable from all the swelling and damage.  I am very lucky and greatful to be alive.   I have come across people since then have been supportive but also people who can be so mean.  I've had people ask me if I'm this stupid in real life. I've been called "dumb" and been accused of riding the disability system when they think I should be working. I also have a degenerative bone and muscle disease that's not only painful every day but limits me from doing so many thing because I don't want to break any more bones, especially my back and hip again :-(

I am speechless Ms. Annie.

:cry:

I can tell you that you are in my prayers.

Annie

Aww thanks Fash, I also have great days knowing there are kind and caring people like you :-)
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

jaysings

Quote from: "Annie"Aww thanks Fash, I also have great days knowing there are kind and caring people like you :-)

it was completely unpredictable that I would have evoked someone's bad suffering when I posted this thread. I feel sorry to have heard about your illness. :cry:

jaysings

Quote from: "Odinson"My father suffered a severe blow to the head a while ago and he thought he still had young children.

The weird part was that he said my sister and I were born in the 19th century.

He is almost completely normal except he is more loving and relaxed now.

few years ago I heard a news where a british girl incredibly got a Chinese accent after her head was injured by a blow. it seems everything might happen after concussion

Anonymous

Quote from: "jaysings"
Quote from: "Odinson"My father suffered a severe blow to the head a while ago and he thought he still had young children.

few years ago I heard a news where a british girl incredibly got a Chinese accent after her head was injured by a blow. it seems everything might happen after concussion

That is incredible Jaysings.

:o

jaysings

Quote from: "Fashionista"

yes. brain is probably a most powerful organ in a human body. I often think that a blow may awakes one's supernatural power which is potential all along

Odinson

Quote from: "Fashionista"

yes. brain is probably a most powerful organ in a human body. I often think that a blow may awakes one's supernatural power which is potential all along

Do you just want it by suprise or are we going on 3?

Annie

I've had a few bad concussions on top of my brain tumor and I haven't developed any super powers :-( Would be nice to have the super power to heal and cure :-D

Anonymous

Quote from: "Annie"I've had a few bad concussions on top of my brain tumor and I haven't developed any super powers :-( Would be nice to have the super power to heal and cure :-D

Oh Ms. Annie, please be careful.

Annie

Oh I know, I have to be super careful. I'm hearing impaired and I have cataracts, which is slowly blinding me. My balance and depth perception are bad from the tumor. I've smashed my head on a locker at the pool and slipped in the shower and smashed my face on the tub last year. I'm such a clutze, a few months ago I almost chopped my thumb off. When my eyes get too bad I'll be having surgery for artificial corneas, I can't wait!

jaysings

Quote from: "Annie"Oh I know, I have to be super careful. I'm hearing impaired and I have cataracts, which is slowly blinding me. My balance and depth perception are bad from the tumor. I've smashed my head on a locker at the pool and slipped in the shower and smashed my face on the tub last year. I'm such a clutze, a few months ago I almost chopped my thumb off. When my eyes get too bad I'll be having surgery for artificial corneas, I can't wait!

all worse things have been concentrated into your fragile body, but I believe what doesn't kill u will make u stronger. by now u keep fighting for your health, and everybody feels proud of u because of your spirit,which has become super strong.

Annie

Thanks Jay I feel the same way, what doesn't kill me makes me stronger :)

Odinson

"I believe whatever doesn´t kill you, simply makes you... stranger".