Total votes: : 3

Last post: June 30, 2024, 10:21:37 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Shen Li

Thanks to China, I am unemployed

Started by Gaon, March 18, 2020, 08:08:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

caskur

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "Gaon"All projects are on hold. The man made Chinese coronavirus is causing mass unemployment all over the world.

I feel your pain and I understand your anger. There is no need to be shutting down the world economy and forcing a depression over a flu bug.

Funeral parlours are doing a great trade in Italy.

Do you want your funeral parlours doing great trade where you come from?
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

caskur

Quote from: "Gaon"All projects are on hold. The man made Chinese coronavirus is causing mass unemployment all over the world.

Do those jobs around your place you keep putting off.

It'll do your spirits good.

You have to mentally cope for the next two weeks.

The Bible says, "the diligent man is amply supplied."

And now having said that to you, I'm taking that on board myself.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

kiebers

Quote from: "Herman"The old lady teaches at a nearby college. All classes are cancelled and she is at home now. They hope to resume classes the first week of April, but I don't see that happening.

Colleges have shut down here. Grand daughter is moving out of her dorm today. They will be taking the rest of the semester online. On the college web page the week after spring break the staff is supposed to get everything set up for online classes. She will transfer to A&M for her next 7 years.
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Anonymous

Quote from: "caskur"

I feel your pain and I understand your anger. There is no need to be shutting down the world economy and forcing a depression over a flu bug.

Do you want your funeral parlours doing great trade where come from?

A bunch of senior citizens in the second oldest nation on earth. Isolate them and people with respiratory conditions, but don't shut down the global economy ffs. As I have been saying, the cure is much worse than the disease.

Vancouver

Me and some coworkers volunteered to be laid off due to work shortage. We are not fired. Company will have us back in a few months.
Time is malleable

Anonymous

Quote from: "TheVancouverGuy"Me and some coworkers volunteered to be laid off due to work shortage. We are not fired. Company will have us back in a few months.

That is too bad TVG. Did you know this was coming?

Vancouver

Quote from: "seoulbro"
Quote from: "TheVancouverGuy"Me and some coworkers volunteered to be laid off due to work shortage. We are not fired. Company will have us back in a few months.

I wanted to be laid off. I do not want to interact with people. Boss want us back when things are normal again. Could be the apocalypse though. What about you seoulbro? Staying at home?
Time is malleable

Anonymous

Quote from: "TheVancouverGuy"
Quote from: "seoulbro"

I wanted to be laid off. I do not want to interact with people. Boss want us back when things are normal again. Could be the apocalypse though. What about you seoulbro? Staying at home?

That is really decent of you to take a voluntary lay-off.

I share an office, but I have doing what I can from my condo. With markets tanking and retirement investments tumbling, I can't keep up with answering questions from panicky clients.

Gaon

I assume you will apply for employment insurance payments. Do you know how long it takes in Canada to start receiving payments once you apply. It sounds like my record of employment will be in by Monday at the latest.
The Russian Rock It

Vancouver

Quote from: "Gaon"
I assume you will apply for employment insurance payments. Do you know how long it takes in Canada to start receiving payments once you apply. It sounds like my record of employment will be in by Monday at the latest.
A coworker says roughly two weeks.
Time is malleable

caskur

Quote from: "caskur"

Do you want your funeral parlours doing great trade where come from?

A bunch of senior citizens in the second oldest nation on earth. Isolate them and people with respiratory conditions, but don't shut down the global economy ffs. As I have been saying, the cure is much worse than the disease.

Ah see, this is your problem along with others thinking its an old person's illness. It isn't. It is a VERY painful sickness as was related by one infected woman last night on our news.

Our borders are closing tonight.
- Andy Warhol

Zetsu

Sorry to hear about this Gaon  :sad:  I understand it's hard but try to think of it this way, the fact is that everyone else is losing too to this coronavirus, if one of us suffers, we'll all suffer together, you're not alone my good friend.

Sometimes I kind of wish China would just magically disappear off the map or at least pull their head out of their rear end, they really brought nothing but problems aside from the cheap labor during the 90s.
Permanently off his rocker

Zetsu

Permanently off his rocker

Anonymous

Quote from: "Zetsu"Sorry to hear about this Gaon  :sad:  I understand it's hard but try to think of it this way, the fact is that everyone else is losing too to this coronavirus, if one of us suffers, we'll all suffer together, you're not alone my good friend.

Sometimes I kind of wish China would just magically disappear off the map or at least pull their head out of their rear end, they really brought nothing but problems aside from the cheap labor during the 90s.

The Chinese regime is vile to it's core, and becoming more blatant about it under Xi Jinping.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Zetsu"Sorry to hear about this Gaon  :sad:  I understand it's hard but try to think of it this way, the fact is that everyone else is losing too to this coronavirus, if one of us suffers, we'll all suffer together, you're not alone my good friend.

How ya holding up brother. I assume sales are way down. Did Justin have any goodies for ya?

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
spell bacon backwards with the first letter capitalized:
Is the "D" in Django silent? Yes or No? (must be lower case):
Is Alticus a dick sucking fairy? (answer is opposite of no):
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview