The best topic

Replies: 10564
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 06:39:34 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Frood

Thanks to China, I am unemployed

Started by Gaon, March 18, 2020, 08:08:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 29 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Odinson"I live like there is no coronavirus threat..

With the exception of going to the gym.

It'll be a while before gyms are open here.

Gaon

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "kiebers"I have gotten the flu shot twice in the past. Got the flu from it both times. I no longer get the flu shot.

Wife got it in December last year. Took her to the Dr. Got her meds and the Dr allowed me to go ahead and get the meds. I took them for a few days and never got it. I'm not an anti vaxxer but I will pass on the flu. Not sure how I will feel about a vaccine for covid. Wait for it to come out I suppose and make the decision then.

I don't want to catch the coronavirus, but if I do I'm certain I'll make a full recovery if I show any symptoms. TVG is being totally irrational. If he catches it and has symptoms, he'll recover and then he can go back to work. Oh wait, maybe he's like Mel and likes being on EI/CERB.

No, he said he left his job because he's terrified of catching this virus.

That is wild. I was forced out. If I catch it, I catch it.
The Russian Rock It

Gaon

When I was laid off I was told I would be back by June. Now I'll be lucky to get back to work by July. Even then it is unlikely there will be forty hours of work each week let alone overtime like I used to count on.
The Russian Rock It

Anonymous

Quote from: "Gaon"When I was laid off I was told I would be back by June. Now I'll be lucky to get back to work by July. Even then it is unlikely there will be forty hours of work each week let alone overtime like I used to count on.

I hope you get back to full time employment soon Gaon..

But, much of that will depend on your provincial government.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Gaon"When I was laid off I was told I would be back by June. Now I'll be lucky to get back to work by July. Even then it is unlikely there will be forty hours of work each week let alone overtime like I used to count on.

In Canada, very little is stopping you from starting your own business.  By the sounds of things, you know your trade well.  If this is in fact the case, you can freelance if you're only getting part time hours.

Myself, I am lazy, but tons of trades freelance in this country in their spare time, if you're hungry for money.  I incorporated due to the potential risks of my work, but your work is probably not as risky to others as mine is, so just go sole proprietorship at first if you're uncertain...  Better yet, just go cash money if you can.

Anonymous

It's utterly hilarious to watch America becoming a nation of welfare scabs locked in their basements. So much for being the leaders of the free world.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Guest"It's utterly hilarious to watch America becoming a nation of welfare scabs locked in their basements. So much for being the leaders of the free world.

Much of the USA is opening up though, faster than most other White nations are...

caskur

Quote from: "Shen Li"I don't want to catch the coronavirus, but if I do I'm certain I'll make a full recovery if I show any symptoms. TVG is being totally irrational. If he catches it and has symptoms, he'll recover and then he can go back to work. Oh wait, maybe he's like Mel and likes being on EI/CERB.

Expect your lungs to feel like they've turned to glass and if you actually recover, you won't have the energy to do your washing for weeks and before you know it, winter will be on you all again.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

caskur

Quote from: "Guest"It's utterly hilarious to watch America becoming a nation of welfare scabs locked in their basements. So much for being the leaders of the free world.

It's not really funny.... if they travel they'll spread it further. I do hope they're not allowed outside the USA for at least 3 years.

it's really sick you say that about the everyday American citizen... karma on you bobble head.

Come out from your hidden "guest" anonymity... gutless wanker!~
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

Quote from: "caskur"

It's not really funny.... if they travel they'll spread it further. I do hope they're not allowed outside the USA for at least 3 years.

it's really sick you say that about the everyday American citizen... karma on you bobble head.

So I can be a preening egomaniac invested with e-rep like you? No thanks!!! I'd much rather laugh at how sick you find my comments when you have wished your enemies would die and dogs might poop on their graves instead.

There's your precious karma, you hateful woman you.  ac_razz

caskur

Quote from: "Guest"

So I can be a preening egomaniac invested with e-rep like you? No thanks!!! I'd much rather laugh at how sick you find my comments when you have wished your enemies would die and dogs might poop on their graves instead.

There's your precious karma, you hateful woman you.  ac_razz

My enemies deserve to die... I want them horse drawn and quartered first though.

Let's not get it twisted Grey Hair.
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li"I don't want to catch the coronavirus, but if I do I'm certain I'll make a full recovery if I show any symptoms. TVG is being totally irrational. If he catches it and has symptoms, he'll recover and then he can go back to work. Oh wait, maybe he's like Mel and likes being on EI/CERB.

Expect your lungs to feel like they've turned to glass and if you actually recover, you won't have the energy to do your washing for weeks and before you know it, winter will be on you all again.

Not true. Most people with Covid-19 have mild illness and are able to recover at home without medical care, while rare severe cases often receive supportive care in the hospital, according to the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

About half the cases in my province have made a full recovery. And if you eliminate people with respiratory conditions and the elderly, that figure rises to three quarters of cases and will eventually hit 99 per cent. Some people only get a mild cough. It is not a plague, it is only a virus.

caskur

What I'm telling you IS true because young people, (men in their twenties and fit) have been on TV describing their recovery condition and they're still not 100%.

If you are seeing "fully recovered" on TV I bet they've been hand picked giving people a false sense of security,...

Why do you supposed right wingers have a hard time accepting this virus is a global disaster? It beggars belief.
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

caskur, the majority of people who do not have respiratory issues or who are elderly will have only mild symptoms, IF they have symptoms at all.

Data from China shows the majority of people with Covid-19 only suffer mild symptoms, then recover

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/20/health/covid-19-recovery-rates-intl/index.html">https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/20/health/c ... index.html">https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/20/health/covid-19-recovery-rates-intl/index.html

I do not know what you saw on tv, but I can tell you someone very close to me in their mid forties, and an ex smoker made a full and complete recovery. It is not a plague, it is only a virus that almost all healthy people will make a full recovery from. And those people that recover are immune. They cannot contract it or pass it on.

Anonymous

Quote from: "seoulbro"caskur, the majority of people who do not have respiratory issues or who are elderly will have only mild symptoms, IF they have symptoms at all.

Data from China shows the majority of people with Covid-19 only suffer mild symptoms, then recover

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/20/health/covid-19-recovery-rates-intl/index.html">https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/20/health/c ... index.html">https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/20/health/covid-19-recovery-rates-intl/index.html

I do not know what you saw on tv, but I can tell you someone very close to me in their mid forties, and an ex smoker made a full and complete recovery. It is not a plague, it is only a virus that almost all healthy people will make a full recovery from. And those people that recover are immune. They cannot contract it or pass it on.

And the actual number of people who are infected is much higher than what is reported..

We only count those that have tested positive..

In LA alone the actual number could be several times higher than the official count..

So many people are immune to it.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Is Alticus a dick sucking fairy? (answer is opposite of no):
spell bacon backwards with the first letter capitalized:
Is the "D" in Django silent? Yes or No? (must be lower case):
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview