Last post: June 28, 2024, 10:14:20 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

A

I've never felt this way about the forums before

Started by Anonymous, March 19, 2020, 03:12:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "Moonpie"
Quote from: "Fashionista"We are in the midst of a Chinese global pandemic, that's impacting all of the members of the forum community..

Posters are losing their jobs, we've lost a member of the forum community, and anxiety grows..

In all the years I've been posting I've never felt the way I do right now..

So much is happening so fast....it's overwhelming.

We were forced to close our business.  It's anxiety at its finest.  It's like the book off exodus coming to life again.  Lord have mercy on us.

Oh, I'm so sorry about that Moonpie..

You are now the third person on the forums who is now out of work because of what China did.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Guest"
Quote from: "seoulbro"
Quote from: "Dinky Dazza"Lemon...

I did not know Lemon, but I know some of you knew her for years. To those that knew her, I am sorry for the loss of a long term community member.

In Memory of Lemon

Her loss is bitter to swallow, but her memory is Sweet.

">

I miss her so much.  Great lady may she RIP.
Was she married with a family Moonpie?

caskur

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"
Quote from: "Peaches"It's probably not helpful for me to post this here, but as the preacher says in Ecclesiastes there is nothing new under the sun.

The historian Kevin Kruse (at Princeton) tweeted recently:

"As others noted, it's like the Spanish flu of 1918 and the stock market crash of 1929 at the same time, but overseen by Harding's total incompetence plus Nixon's pettiness and paranoia."

Nope. It's 100% China's fault. The coronavirus was created in a lab with the intent of destroying the West. China is a terrorist state.

They didn't report to WHO for a month.

I don't think it was created in a lab.

It's Sars 2...

The official name for it is, SARS-CoV-2. They even call it Sars

THE SPANISH FLU didn't kill people... THE SECONDARY BACTERIAL INFECTION killed people. Anti-biotic weren't developed then... THAT is why there was a HUGE global death toll.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Oak

Quote from: "cc"Lab or bat, the known cover-up to deliberately  allow the entire world to suffer is an act of war

This, it's a cover up.

I said that China was deliberately under reporting the numbers, mostly for internal political purposes.

When the WHO said "don't worry", I said it was time to start worrying.  

We in the West are so used to freedom we don't think we're under any threat.  Not so. We need to stop preparing for the last incident and prepare for what could happen.  We were overdue for a huge pandemic.  It happened and we were caught with our pants down.

Oak

Quote from: "Fashionista"We are in the midst of a Chinese global pandemic, that's impacting all of the members of the forum community..

Posters are losing their jobs, we've lost a member of the forum community, and anxiety grows..

In all the years I've been posting I've never felt the way I do right now..

So much is happening so fast....it's overwhelming.

We were forced to close our business.  It's anxiety at its finest.  It's like the book off exodus coming to life again.  Lord have mercy on us.

I'm so sorry Moonie.  I hope this ends quick.

Anonymous

Quote from: "caskur"
Quote from: "Peaches"It's probably not helpful for me to post this here, but as the preacher says in Ecclesiastes there is nothing new under the sun.

"As others noted, it's like the Spanish flu of 1918 and the stock market crash of 1929 at the same time, but overseen by Harding's total incompetence plus Nixon's pettiness and paranoia."

Nope. It's 100% China's fault. The coronavirus was created in a lab with the intent of destroying the West. China is a terrorist state.

It's Sars 2...

THE SPANISH FLU didn't kill people... THE SECONDARY BACTERIAL INFECTION killed people. Anti-biotic weren't developed then... THAT is why there was a HUGE global death toll.

There's only one microbiology lab in China and it's in Wuhan..

It might have escaped from there accidentally, but I believe that's where it came from.

Frood

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "caskur"

It's Sars 2...

There's only one microbiology lab in China and it's in Wuhan..

It might have escaped from there accidentally, but I believe that's where it came from.

Their only level 4 lab...

Tasked with coronaviruses, SARS, and other various nasties...
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Oak"
Quote from: "cc"Lab or bat, the known cover-up to deliberately  allow the entire world to suffer is an act of war

This, it's a cover up.

I said that China was deliberately under reporting the numbers, mostly for internal political purposes.

We in the West are so used to freedom we don't think we're under any threat.  Not so. We need to stop preparing for the last incident and prepare for what could happen.  We were overdue for a huge pandemic.  It happened and we were caught with our pants down.

Oak, I agree this has to be a wake up call for North America and Europe..

We will get through this, but we can't go back to resting on our laurels..

There will be another pandemic and we must prepare for it like Taiwan did after SARS.

Oak

This, it's a cover up.

There will be another pandemic and we must prepare for it like Taiwan did after SARS.

I agree with you 100%.   We really need to continue to monitor international trends more carefully.  

We can't trust the Chinese, Russian, NK or Russian governments at all.

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "Oak"We need to stop preparing for the last incident and prepare for what could happen.  We were overdue for a huge pandemic.  It happened and we were caught with our pants down.

It was bound to happen at some point..it's inevitable.

Frood

I've worked with supply chains for a long time...

...and I truly believe in Lean modeling.

...but I never agreed with JIT on essential items like food, medicine, components... it's a minor inconvenience if you can't get certain gadgets, clothes, perfumes, and convenience items... even auto parts... the system adapts or weathers...

...we've been stretched too thin for decades.
Blahhhhhh...

Oak

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"
Quote from: "Oak"We need to stop preparing for the last incident and prepare for what could happen.  We were overdue for a huge pandemic.  It happened and we were caught with our pants down.

It was bound to happen at some point..it's inevitable.

Sure, but we could be better prepared if we prioritized the health of the people that make our countries what they are.

Oak

This, it's a cover up.

Canada and the US have to make their medicine again. Relying on China for essential pharmaceuticals is nuts.

Absolutely!

Anonymous

This, it's a cover up.

Canada and the US have to make their medicine again..

Relying on China for essential pharmaceuticals is nuts.

I did not know how dependent our two countries are on China to provide us with medicine until this Wuhan vurus.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li"I didn't know his name or anything else about him.

Nobody did.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Is Alticus a dick sucking fairy? (answer is opposite of no):
spell bacon backwards with the first letter capitalized:
Is the "D" in Django silent? Yes or No? (must be lower case):
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview